Little Nessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little Nessi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry What to do when PMS comes 'round???

Hi Ladies,

I thought I'd post this quesetion to see how y'all deal with the monthly cravings.

I'm trying to adapt clean eating habits and good stable workout routine. i've been doing great for 4 weeks so far - but it all came to a crashing hault yesterday... About 1 week before I start I get the most gawd awful sweet tooth!!! as well my appetite increases 10 fold. It's insane!

It's like i lose all self control/discipline and it's very discouraging! I've done the whole refrain from sweets and what usually winds up happening is I'll wake up at 2-3 am just craving **** food... I'm like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum if I deny myself... any other time of the month if I get a craving I just blow it off and i'm fine... I usually don't even get cravings except for this one week...

I'm wondering what you girls do during that time? Any particular "clean" cheat that does the trick? Do you allow yourself the cheat?

I ate cookies yesterday and felt totally miserable about it... I ate almost 1/2 a pack of chips ahoy... meaning almost one full row =( the sad thing is I could have eaten the whole thing and then some.... so initially I was "proud" for stopping when I did...

as well, I tried to eat it early in the day (which was at 1pm) so that i had ample time before bed... usually I'll eat it right before bed - so again I felt like I did the smart thing... but when i thought about it I was dissapointed, guilt ridden and felt horrible!
    Last edited by Little Nessi; 01-08-2007 at 12:43 PM.

soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000) soon2Bgoddess is just really nice. (+1000)
    FF chocolate pudding w/ FF whipped topping! It's a yummy cheat. Also, FF frozen yogurt is good. And have you ever tried Muscle Milk Protein powder? It's really yummy, tastes like a cheat
    ~ChaCha

"Say what you mean and act how you feel,
    because those who matter don't mind,
    and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

peace! it has been fun :) Jordyn's Avatar
    Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if ur waking up at 2-3am just craving food, maybe ur not eating enough calories during the day. try to eat really clean AND sufficient amt of calories throughout ur day, hopefully this will cut back some of the (sweets) cravings if ur sufficiently full from healthy foods. and if ur full u wont wanna eat that much junk food. if ur having scheduled cheat meals that should help too, and lessen the likelihood of binging on cookies. hope this helps

Gianna77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by soon2Bgoddess View Post
    FF chocolate pudding w/ FF whipped topping! It's a yummy cheat. Also, FF frozen yogurt is good. And have you ever tried Muscle Milk Protein powder? It's really yummy, tastes like a cheat
    What she said! I always eat FF Chocolate pudding and lite whipped topping...all together about 110 calories. I try to eat it in the middle of the day because the later it gets the worse it seems for you. I know how you feel though! Even though I'm trying to eat clean I have a major sweet tooth....pretty much all the time! So I've been looking for various things I can have to make it better. Fudgecicle brand pops are only 40 calories and sugar freee!! I love them. I also eat the weight watchers pops once in a while...anddd Hershey's now makes 100 Calorie chocolate covered pretzel bars, wafer bars, and dark chocolate bars which work for a quick fix. And my protein powder is Optimum Nutrition and is Chocolate Mint...it also helps with the chocolate cravings!! Goodluck!
    Gianna

Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 21:22