adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000) adamci1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Can you replace flour with protein powder?

I heard somewhere that you can replace flour with protein powder for baking. Is this true? Also is there a butter substitue that is healthy? And lastly is it ok to use splenda instead of sugar for baking?
    Hits all the buttons in elevators crew
    Farts in crowded elevators crew

Cubs/Bears/Illini/Hawks

robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) robby67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in order no u cannot use protein powder for baking because of its molecular structure the second im not sure of and yes splenda can be used for baking just fine
    People who use E-stats piss me off, because some of us actually work to get where we are.

theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You wont be able to replace flour with protein powder completely. You can get away with substituting a little bit of flour for protein, but not much. Your really gonna have to add the protein in addition too the flour. Also, you should be using WHOLE grain flour. For baking purposes I always liked substituting safflower oil for butter. Sugar can be a tough one but splenda can work, just don't go overkill on the stuff. I like to substitute with honey as well. Good luck with whatever you decide to make. Don't be surprised if it takes a few practice runs before you get a masterpiece.

Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dr. Painburner is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not sure i would want to. that would be wayy to much protein powder going to waste.
    COD4 on PS3. PSN: G-Jimbo type "misc" in the message

OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50) OzStriker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try using ground up oats and some bicarb soda in place of flour.

I make pancakes this way instead of using flour and they turn out surprisingly good.

1 egg, 60g ground oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 125g milk, 25g cottage cheese, top with 100g cottage cheese 35g SF maple syrup, dash of cinnamon = 480 Calories, 32p, 55c, 15f.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by adamci1 View Post
    I heard somewhere that you can replace flour with protein powder for baking. Is this true? Also is there a butter substitue that is healthy? And lastly is it ok to use splenda instead of sugar for baking?
    I use protein instead of flour for pancakes, cookies and the crust of a cheese pie. it's worked great for me.
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckee001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what about whey protein concentrate? I bought some of that stuff at Bob's Red MIll brand... it looks like flour and its chock full of protein! can this be a flour substitiute?

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can replace butter by unsweetened apple-sauce. It's simply awesome !!!!
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cafrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Baking protein powder, blaugh thats gotta not taste so great.....but why not try it, thats what they put in protein bars so I assume it won't destroy the nutr. value.

"You can replace butter by unsweetened apple-sauce. It's simply awesome !!!!"

Thats what I do with my muffins I make and that does taste great!
    Last edited by cafrey; 12-18-2006 at 04:25 AM.