Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000)

Tired/sick during workout?

Hai guys!

So the past 2 workouts went kind of ****ty. While working out I get a feeling I have to throw up but even worse I dont have a drive to push it to the limit. I'm tired. (Even tho I sleep enough) Now I was thinking this could be an alarm due to malnutrition but the thing is I eat at least 4500 (5000+ on trainingdays) kcals a day. Every day directly after waking up I take a spoon of MCT oil+ a scoop of whey. Today my breakfast consisted of 4 slices of bread and some chicken-curry salad and some milk, totalling in about 700 kcals (800 if you count the whey). 2 hours after breakfast I went to the gym. Then in the locker room I took about 3 spoons of MCT oil just before working out.

I train every 2 days, using a slighty different training routine from this one:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

Im 18 y/o
    about 276 lbs
    bf% might be around 18% So I think I have the mandatory kcals covered?

I used the BMR formula:
    http://www.giantpt.com/Voeding/GIANT_Voeding_BMR.htm

I think I need to upp my pre workout meal. Some dood in a supp store recommended to not eat carbs before workout for a dry sponge effect (better effect when bombing it after workout with nutrients) even though I'm starting to smell BS on this...

If further info is needed Ill gladly suplly.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by Stopwatshiet; 12-17-2006 at 04:05 AM.

rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need to be sure you're eating at least 5500+ calories if you're bulking and at least 5000 to maintain.

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rducote View Post
    You need to be sure you're eating at least 5500+ calories if you're bulking and at least 5000 to maintain.
    yeah, and about 9500 calories to cut

5500+ is too extreme i think, 4000 a day would be enough to bulk, with about 3500 to maintain.

rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50) rducote will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -RiK- View Post

5500+ is too extreme i think, 4000 a day would be enough to bulk, with about 3500 to maintain.
    He's 276 pounds.

Using a calculator from bodybuilding.com:

Total Daily Calories Burned

Adding in your activity level, we times your BMR by 1.65. This means that your approximate total calories burned each day is 4710.

So he needs to eat about 4710 if he has a moderate activity level, in the 5000s to gain.

It's not like he's 120 pounds.
    Last edited by rducote; 12-17-2006 at 10:41 AM.

Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000) Stopwatshiet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rducote View Post
    He's 276 pounds.

Using a calculator from bodybuilding.com:

Total Daily Calories Burned

Adding in your activity level, we times your BMR by 1.65. This means that your approximate total calories burned each day is 4710.

So he needs to eat about 4710 if he has a moderate activity level, in the 5000s to gain.

It's not like he's 120 pounds.

The BB.com one differs from the BMR formula from my site. But there is no harm in trying. I will up my food to a 5000 minimum, take bf measurements now and 1 month after and see where I land. Thanks for the suggestion, do you have a link to the calculator?

Originally Posted by Stopwatshiet View Post
    The BB.com one differs from the BMR formula from my site. But there is no harm in trying. I will up my food to a 5000 minimum, take bf measurements now and 1 month after and see where I land. Thanks for the suggestion, do you have a link to the calculator?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000) Skeeg is just really nice. (+1000)
    i read a great thing on another site... i forget the link but i do remember its ideas on bulking.

ok so, the body has things that are stores fat. and they are like balloons, they can only be filled so much so it makes new ones. they can lose the fat it carries, making you smaller but it cant take away the sacks that hold the fat.

so, if you eat a crap load to bulk, all you are doing is building more fat sacks, so it keeps getting harder and harder to lose the weight. but if you take what you need and a bit more then you are putting your body in a muscle building state but wont gain the fat. 2-4lbs of muscle is the most you can get in a month so everything els is fat and water.

it had a whole thing for body fat and calc. intake but i only remember mine. i weigh 185 - with a 155 lean body mass... it said about 3k calc. for me to gain the 3-4lbs a month without a whole lot of fat increase.

at 276 or what ever it was, 5k seems like a lot. but thats just one view on it. but its truly common sense if you think about. your body can only use so much of the things you put in it. so eating a crap load only will make you fatter, not truly stronger.

Originally Posted by Skeeg View Post
    i read a great thing on another site... i forget the link but i do remember its ideas on bulking.

ok so, the body has things that are stores fat. and they are like balloons, they can only be filled so much so it makes new ones. they can lose the fat it carries, making you smaller but it cant take away the sacks that hold the fat.

so, if you eat a crap load to bulk, all you are doing is building more fat sacks, so it keeps getting harder and harder to lose the weight. but if you take what you need and a bit more then you are putting your body in a muscle building state but wont gain the fat. 2-4lbs of muscle is the most you can get in a month so everything els is fat and water.

it had a whole thing for body fat and calc. intake but i only remember mine. i weigh 185 - with a 155 lean body mass... it said about 3k calc. for me to gain the 3-4lbs a month without a whole lot of fat increase.

at 276 or what ever it was, 5k seems like a lot. but thats just one view on it. but its truly common sense if you think about. your body can only use so much of the things you put in it. so eating a crap load only will make you fatter, not truly stronger.
    Yes but I was lacking energy for the workout. Also I didnt get fatter eating 4500-5000 kcals so I dont really have anything to lose. If I get a little fatter, no worries, but I got wiser. Fat is temporary, knowledge lasts. You can read up on 5000 arcticles but in the end no body is the same, there is no golden general formula. You can use the articles as a baseline and adjust it to your body's needs. Thats, at least, how I see it.

wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -RiK- View Post

I bulk on 4000 cals lol.

I'm 185

hardwork 24/7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardwork 24/7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardwork 24/7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are defin8ly eating enough calories to put on size, but if you are eating fats, whatever fats they are, this slows down the process of energy from the carb you have eaten! I find that fats are best eaten at night rather than carbs as carbs like to store as fat at night where as fat is slow digesting and taken with protein, it will give you some fuel overnight for your muscles to repair slowly just like casein protein. Fat is not a good idea b4 a workout tho! try it out im sure you will have more energy! even eating something like an apple which is low gi carb will give you an extra boost in the gym as well as porridge

Originally Posted by hardwork 24/7 View Post
    You are defin8ly eating enough calories to put on size, but if you are eating fats, whatever fats they are, this slows down the process of energy from the carb you have eaten! I find that fats are best eaten at night rather than carbs as carbs like to store as fat at night where as fat is slow digesting and taken with protein, it will give you some fuel overnight for your muscles to repair slowly just like casein protein. Fat is not a good idea b4 a workout tho! try it out im sure you will have more energy! even eating something like an apple which is low gi carb will give you an extra boost in the gym as well as porridge
    Imma try that, thx!

**Update**

I had a measurement today, im 279,4 lbs with 19% BF. So I got fatter after all. Now I can conclude 5000+ would be overkill since I was bulking on 4400-4500 mostly the past couple of weeks. I think Im endo but dont know for sure. Anyway Imma lower my kcal. intake to around 4600 and eat some more carbs pre-workout and get a new measurement end of january.

I calculated my kcal needs again with the website using intensity level 2:
    light sport/training 1-3 days a week (I train 1 day on 2 off)
    and this is my maintainence: 3538 so it would seem im still eating too much with 4600.

Though I wonder, and this might be a very stupid question: Cant you cycle kcals? I mean you burn more on training days then off days, I know muscle building still happens on off days so you need the kcal excess but that would mean your underfeeding@ trainingdays since weightlifting itself burns a load of kcals.

Just wondering, thanks for the input until now guys, appreciate it!