dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Getting Back Into it All

I need some help from you guys... I have been away from the lifting/cardio and overall physical fitness scene for almost a year and a half now. I used to be very into lifting and cardio, but after high school sports ended and I went off to college all of that changed. As of right now I am 6' 220 lbs. with muscle under there, but also a good deal of fat.

Now that I am home for December and half of January, I want to get back into it hardcore. I have free weights and barbells in my basement and a squat rack with a free standing bench that can slide into it. In the past I used the 3x3 with this setup and had great results, but seeing as how I only have a month home, that program is not an option. I need help in creating a powerlifting program for this month that I am home. Preferrably focused around that big 3 due to limited space in my basement. I plan to be doing cardio 4x a week on my off days to build stamina and lose some fat. My main goal is to gain back some strength that I have lost and rebuild my confidence in the gym so that I am fully prepared to lift when I return to school in mid January.

These were my old maxes, why I definately am nowhere near today:

Bench: 245
    Squat: 275
    Deadlift: 335

@190 lbs.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you might look up 5 x 5 training, I find full body workouts using a setxreps scheme like this pretty useful, focus around the lifts you want to train, you could do something like (this is acually from a maxcow 5 x 5 I read off of, pretty good template)

day 1

squats
    bench press
    bent-over row
    extras + abs

day 2

front squats
    military press
    deadlifts
    extras + abs

day 3

repeat day 1

something like that might do you well, look up 5 x 5 or Rippedtoes, I would especially suggest upping your squats.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

New to the Iron Game SwampMaster's Avatar
    SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck, man.
    Even if you don't see a lot of change in your body in a month, don't let that stop you from getting back into the gym. In fact, I'd try to take it easy this month so that your body can get accustomed to lifting again (as in, the old high school two-a-days should be a thing of the past, but lift plenty hard on your weight days).
    Height: 5"6' Weight: 195

Stats -----------------Gains (since joining)------Goals by April 07
    Bench: 365 Raw -------------(405 shirt)------------400
    Squat: 1st ME Raw 315 ------(455)----------------450
    DL: 1st ME Raw 365 ---------(425)-----------------500
    Total ------1045-------------(1285)---------------1350

dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) dccopyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys...

GoJu- Thanks for the advice. I am actually just about to start my first workout using the 5x5 routine you posted. I am going to start off with very low weights and just take it slow to gauge where I am at in terms of strength.

SwampMaster- Thanks for your concern, I plan to take it slow for the time being. The most important thing for me right now is to gain the strength back and add to that eventually, the fat loss will come over time as I stick with the lifting and clean diet. Once I lose some fat and am reasonably satisfied with my body I plan to focus all of my energy towards strength training.

It's a shame that I ever stopped lifting in the first place, but I am very happy that I am starting again. I realized that I haver never felt as good after I stopped than when I used to lift all the time.

New to the Iron Game SwampMaster's Avatar
    SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwampMaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dccopyman View Post
    Thanks guys...

SwampMaster- Thanks for your concern, I plan to take it slow for the time being. The most important thing for me right now is to gain the strength back and add to that eventually, the fat loss will come over time as I stick with the lifting and clean diet. Once I lose some fat and am reasonably satisfied with my body I plan to focus all of my energy towards strength training.

It's a shame that I ever stopped lifting in the first place, but I am very happy that I am starting again. I realized that I haver never felt as good after I stopped than when I used to lift all the time.
    Exactly; for now just get the 'habit ball' rolling and you'll see some pretty good changes within a couple of months!
    Height: 5"6' Weight: 195

Stats -----------------Gains (since joining)------Goals by April 07
    Bench: 365 Raw -------------(405 shirt)------------400
    Squat: 1st ME Raw 315 ------(455)----------------450
    DL: 1st ME Raw 365 ---------(425)-----------------500
    Total ------1045-------------(1285)---------------1350