Thread: Abs

iamanoobatthis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs

I have started training my abs, everyday I do 4 cycles of plank, single leg raise twist and regular crunches for 20 seconds each. Will this be enough for me to achieve a sixpack with cardio? thanks

backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000) backmarker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What's your bf%
    ******* op, you could be a 5'6" 200 pound mammoth for all we know.
    Triple canopy crew*
    AR crew*
    Semi-auto>pump crew*
    Fuk your jihad crew*
    Going fast in a straight line, and through curves

Originally Posted by backmarker View Post
    What's your bf%
    ******* op, you could be a 5'6" 200 pound mammoth for all we know.
    I'm 130 pounds and 6 feet tall and If I get a bf% in the low 10s would I be able to get a visible sixpack with these excercises? ty

nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nolimits97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you gain some weight you might actually have a six pack to show.

You probably need to bulk. Generally people recommend Starting Strength.

^^^ All of this information was in the sticky ^^^

benshapyro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benshapyro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It honestly depends on the amount of muscle you have. Some people can show a six pack at upper 11-12% while others have to get 8-9%. Looking at your weight and height you probably should go and bulk for a bit and gain some more lean mass. Otherwise with just the abs and cardio you'd probably have to get to a lower bodyfat. Keep in mind that nutrition is more important than cardio and not to overwork cardio or ab workouts. When you do other lifts you also work a little bit of your abs. So I'd suggest doing that workout you listed only twice a week with at least a day or two in between. Also as mentioned before Starting Strength is a great program that I followed for a couple months and loved. I'd also reccomend an interrmittent fasting diet (Check out leangains) if youre looking to gain muscle and lose fat (although at a much slower rate). I've followed this diet for two months and have loved the results.

superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) superpetro1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP don't forget to do the rest of your body...abs should be the last thing you're worried about...especially considering how skinny you are.

Dont want to be on dat dere ****gy time.
    1105 lbs total @ 173 lbs

BP: 275 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs ATG
    DL: 425 lbs

mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikemoon29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iamanoobatthis View Post
    I'm 130 pounds and 6 feet tall and If I get a bf% in the low 10s would I be able to get a visible sixpack with these excercises? ty
    If you're 130lbs at 6 foot you should already have a six pack lol unless you're really low muscle mass... Go bulk, it's more impressive to be strong but no abs, than to have abs but be skinny af
    Mike (cutting)/bulking

Bench- 205 x 1
    Dead- 320 x 1
    Row- 165 x 1
    OHP- 135 x 1

12% BF n dropping

\RIP Zyzz/
    /Canada Squad\
    \Rep Back Crew/
    /6 month lifter\

Thanks for all the great responses. A few weeks ago I started doing calisthenics along with eating a lot more, I am not looking to get huge just trying to get an athletic look. I have already found a way to add 40 lbs so that I will progress better when doing push ups, etc. Do you think an athletic look can be accomplished with this?

Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamanoobatthis View Post
    Thanks for all the great responses. A few weeks ago I started doing calisthenics along with eating a lot more, I am not looking to get huge just trying to get an athletic look. I have already found a way to add 40 lbs so that I will progress better when doing push ups, etc. Do you think an athletic look can be accomplished with this?
    yes, just remember to train the entire body otherwise youre gonna be another skinny guy with abs

swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10) swolehara is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Abs get hit indirectly with compound movements, which you need at 6' and 130