Closed Thread
    tico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Eating and eating to gain..Is it really the only way?

Hallo, I've just been deeply dismotivated by a doctor that tells me that eating as much as 6 big meals per day will not help me to gain weight !
    He tells me that eating that much, accelerates my metabolism to the point were my body get's used to digesing the food and never gains weight. Is this true? I can't see no other way to gain weight!, and especially with my type of body.. Is this doctor right or wrong? He tells me I should wait till I get 30, when my metabolism is slow. Is this all in vain?

LittleGuy
    The only way that i ever gain weight is buy eating alot. i heard before " eat big 2 get big " does he think your going to gain weight by not eating? maybe im wrong but that sounds stupid to me.

Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mrdummy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    YA just eat and eat then eat somemore

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your metabolism can only speed up so much due to food, eventually you will reach a point where your intake of calories exceeds your metabolism, you may have to eat a lot for that to happen, but it can happen. You may have to eat 7000 calories a day, but that may be what's needed for you to gain weight.

tico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up thanks guys.

Good point freaker! That's what I need to hear..

oaktree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL that is the absolute dumbest thing ive ever heard a docter say if that is what he really said.
    Cmon if that were true no body under 30 years old would be fat
    on to gaining muscle
    think of it this way your body is like a machine, it needs fuel (food) in order to operate right? so you need to give it enough fuel to operate Then give it enough supplies (food) in order to build something (muscle)
    so just eat like there is no tommorrow (untill your stuffed 6-8 times a day), train like theres no tommorrow, then if you dont gain anything in a week then your not eating enough so that would mean you gotta eat more. Just keep on testing your body until you find out how much you really need to eat in order to gain.
    OAKTREE

GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking 6 Meals Heaven?

Okay so maybe eating 6 meals will increace your metabolic rate, right so if your goal is to GAIN WEIGHT AS MUSCLE MASS your body neets to be able to matabolise as much food as possable. Just make sure your eating as many calories as possable as your bodys matabolisum can only increace to a certan maximum anyway, but having a raised metabolic rate is not a bad thing at all if your looking to build...quite the oppostie.

The high calories and metablisum will provide your body with more energy to use at the gym, therefore you can push harder than every before, also it means your body is going to absob all the consumed food to feeds this metabolisum...BONUS!!! Your body is not going to be more likely to absob an increaced about of protein and calorises, meaning they can be used for muscle hypertrophy (growth)!!! EURIKA so more food is being converted into energy and muscles...why is a raised matabolisum a bad thing if your burning off the calorises in a productive way.

Make sure your hitting the weights right by doing bulking programms (8-12 fail reps 2-3 sets and 90-120 rest between sets) and you should have the recipy for decent muscle hypertrophy( providing your eating the correct things ) just keep going with it!!

N.b. Your body can only absorb a certan amont of nuturition from each meal so smaller meals more frequently is again best in this respect as your more likely to be absorbing what you need from food if you have a meal every 2-3 hours than one big one every 4-5 hours as any uabsorbed nutrience end up in your loo!!!

hope this helped
    Last edited by GYMGUY17; 01-10-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typos
    MONDAY - CHEST/BACK
    TUESDAY - LEGS/FORARMS
    (ABS EVERY 2 DAYS)
    THURSDAY - SHOULDERS/TRAPS
    FRIDAY - BICEPS AND TRICEPS

BARBELL BENCH PRESS 8 X 85KG~~BARBELL LUNGE 12 X 120KG~~ARNIE PRESS (DUMBELLS) 10 X 20KG~~CONCENTRATION BICEP CURL 12 X 20KG~~SKULL CRUSHER 11 X 40KG

~~~~EVERY GYM SESSION MEANS IMPROVMENT EVEN IF ITS TO STOP DEPROVING ITS WORTH GOING!~~~~

~~~~COMMITTMENT IS KEY,KEEP PUSHING AS HARD AS YOU CAN,SMASH THOSE REPS AND OWN THOSE GOALS!~~~~

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Old thread is old!

Dude, this thread originated in 2003, lol.

Originally Posted by GYMGUY17 View Post
    Okay so maybe eating 6 meals will increace your metabolic rate, right so if your goal is to GAIN WEIGHT AS MUSCLE MASS your body neets to be able to matabolise as much food as possable. Just make sure your eating as many calories as possable as your bodys matabolisum can only increace to a certan maximum anyway, but having a raised metabolic rate is not a bad thing at all if your looking to build...quite the oppostie.

The high calories and metablisum will provide your body with more energy to use at the gym, therefore you can push harder than every before, also it means your body is going to absob all the consumed food to feeds this metabolisum...BONUS!!! Your body is not going to be more likely to absob an increaced about of protein and calorises, meaning they can be used for muscle hypertrophy (growth)!!! EURIKA so more food is being converted into energy and muscles...why is a raised matabolisum a bad thing if your burning off the calorises in a productive way.

Make sure your hitting the weights right by doing bulking programms (8-12 fail reps 2-3 sets and 90-120 rest between sets) and you should have the recipy for decent muscle hypertrophy( providing your eating the correct things ) just keep going with it!!

N.b. Your body can only absorb a certan amont of nuturition from each meal so smaller meals more frequently is again best in this respect as your more likely to be absorbing what you need from food if you have a meal every 2-3 hours than one big one every 4-5 hours as any uabsorbed nutrience end up in your loo!!!

hope this helped
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GYMGUY17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down Crappp

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    Dude, this thread originated in 2003, lol.
    LOL found this in related posts to what i was serching ...FAIL
    MONDAY - CHEST/BACK
    TUESDAY - LEGS/FORARMS
    (ABS EVERY 2 DAYS)
    THURSDAY - SHOULDERS/TRAPS
    FRIDAY - BICEPS AND TRICEPS

BARBELL BENCH PRESS 8 X 85KG~~BARBELL LUNGE 12 X 120KG~~ARNIE PRESS (DUMBELLS) 10 X 20KG~~CONCENTRATION BICEP CURL 12 X 20KG~~SKULL CRUSHER 11 X 40KG

~~~~EVERY GYM SESSION MEANS IMPROVMENT EVEN IF ITS TO STOP DEPROVING ITS WORTH GOING!~~~~

~~~~COMMITTMENT IS KEY,KEEP PUSHING AS HARD AS YOU CAN,SMASH THOSE REPS AND OWN THOSE GOALS!~~~~

blood_sport has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GYMGUY17 View Post
    LOL found this in related posts to what i was serching ...FAIL
    lol...but I really enjoyed your post. I am preparing to compete in a figure show in April and I have a hard time eating clean and meeting my daily caloric intake. But, like you said, try and try again, right?

Quest to 315+BP for Reps JustinRideout's Avatar
    JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinRideout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    Your metabolism can only speed up so much due to food, eventually you will reach a point where your intake of calories exceeds your metabolism, you may have to eat a lot for that to happen, but it can happen. You may have to eat 7000 calories a day, but that may be what's needed for you to gain weight.
    Basically what Freaker said

Oh and by the way if you need 7000 calories a day to gain weight your a super duper Ectomorph and I envy your metabolism and your blessing to being able to eat 16 big macs a day . Oh how wonderful .
    Warning : Bodybuilding results may cause slight narcissism and turn you into a cheeky kunt, please train responsibily .

"-You can have results or you can have excuses . You can't have both !"

"In the gym, you are nothing but the embodiment of your own will."- BrettT

Current Lifts 18/10/2016

OHP: 225 x 1
    Bench : 340 x 1
    Squat : 500 x 2
    Deadlift : 600 x 1
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift total , natty , raw : 1440

Next milestones : 365 bench , and current lifts or higher under 12% bodyfat