Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JoeBreast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

SEVERE case of gyno- HELP ! TOO MUCH ESTRO

OK- So im 18 years old and I have had breasts since the 6th grade. Over the years they have developed bigger and bigger, i am currently 5'10, 215lbs. 6 months ago I was 248lbs, Ive been dieting strict, doing crazy cardio everyday. ive been taking xenadrine and drinking whey protein shakes post-workouts. my fat has gone down significantly, but these breasts do not seem like they will ever go away. I obviously have had a higher then normal level of estrogen my whole life, being that I am JUST starting to get facial hair. I was wondering if going on a suppliment like 6-OXO or other Anti-Estrogens would help me at all?....It just seems like I have too much estrogen and Im looking to work as hard as I can to get rid of these before I have to go for some surgery.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to a doc. If you have legit hormone imbalance they can put you on hormone therapy. I knew a kid with kidney troubles, he was about 8 and had to go on therapy. He started growing facial hair at about 8. Dunno what he was on.

Your doc may make you wait untill you are done with puberty but hell, it's worth a shot.

Keep in mind, you may also just be storing fat in your tits. It'll come off eventualy. Gyno is an actual enlargement of the glands beneath the nipple. Two different things.

Oh, and I didnt really start shaving till about 18 too. It's not nessisarily a sign of too much estro. Hair is genetic. I know a guy who is 26 and could go a week without shaving to grow a 5:00 shadow.

Anyhow, go see a doc and they can test your levels.

raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raprazant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    surgery, it's a few grand. if you're serious it's the only alternative for severe cases.
    Pumping Iron in Valhalla

Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Bill has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bro, I hear ya man, Im down to 290 right now and cant wait to get rid of this ****! But if you wanna shoot me some PM's over time on how your doing and all that it would mean a lot, knowing what I got to look forward to. Good job on the fat loss!!!

-Bill
    Start weight 337 pounds
    Current weight 262 pounds
    Goal Weight 185 pounds
    Down 75 pounds, 77 more to go!!!

"Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he will have to touch to be sure."

Capricio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had also gyno...IT SUX. I know what ya'll are going through: not being able to wear t-shirts because of the damn gyno...

Just go to your doc and tell him u want a surgery and THATS what u want, not anything else (my doc tried to convince me that it was just fat or it was because of my big pecs).

Also dont forgot to tell that damn surgeon to take them ALL out (the gyno) because they tend to leave some of it, like 20-30%.

About the price, i had to pay not more than 10$ my insurance had it covered for me, because the gyno was naturally on my body from puberty.

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    k dude for one thing you dont have gyno...you just have what lots of us guys have...saggy man breasts...thats it!

Gyno is the elongation of the nipple itself not the chest area.

The only thing you can do is keep dieting and do "mad cardio" everyday...lean down to about 170-180 and you should be money after that!

good luck to you bro!

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi

Ignore the poster Blindfaith, hes given no reason to believe you dont have gyno. Sometimes i wonder why some people just pot things without even backing them up. Seems to me the love to see their posts online.

You do have gyno, but its not mainly becasue you have high estorgen levels but more so cos you have High testostrone levels. Many BB on steriods do end up having gyno due to excess testostrone. in my case i had too much testostrone and i still do, thats why i dont take any special supplements, its great to turn up at the gym once in 6 months and lift very light weights and look far better than the man whos been killing himslef all day.

Cardio wont do anything, its a fat tissue you have and not fat cells. You need to get it removed through surgery. I had the same problem from the age of 13. and i had it surgically removed.
    Its done by inserting an incission around your nipple and removing the excess tissue.

Before i had my opp, i told the surgeon i want to see the excess tissue they removed. And see it i did, it was suprisingly big.

Do a search on the internet and you'd find many surgeons who perform this type of op. Believe me, it changes your life!!

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If there's one thing I've learned since I started reading the boards here it's this.

Never ignore Blindfaith.

I have never, EVER, gotten bad advice from reading any of his posts. JoeBreast, more than likely, has the problem that many men who start out fat and lose weight have. The remaining fat settles in certain places. In his case, it's in his chest. It happens.

Joe, get your body fat tested. As the body fat percentage drops and your body finishes growing into it's final adult frame, it will straighten out on its own.

For validation, go see your Doctor and he what he has to say about it. None of us will know more than your doctor will as he has the opportunity to examine you in person.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I know the pain...

I developed some gyno in my early teens too. My family and doctor patted me on my head and told don't worry about it it will go away, blah, blah, blah. It didn't and I was teased about it to the point I would never take my shirt off if any one could see me and I avoided seeing myself in the mirror without a shirt... I was like 40 when I went out and hat the surgury for it afterward I regerted not doing it sooner and decided if a have had a kid with the same problem if he wanted the surgery he'd get it. Waiting did a lot of damage to my self-image and that didn't help me have a happy life. If you feel it is a problem it is a problem, don't let it rob you of some important times in your life. You will regert waiting if you do.

Rob--

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    An afterthought having the surgery won't make your chest or your life perfect. So don't expect it to. The scars will still be in your head and you'll have some on you chest too (hopefully minor) but you will need to work at putting the old view of your self out of your mind and move on with your life that's the most important part.

Rob--

By the way, it was not just fat... I had pictures of it when I was around 135lb@5'6" and it looked even more like breasts... Gyno is the development of breast tissue. Changes in the nipple may or may not be involved.
    Last edited by rleeson; 02-16-2003 at 11:09 AM.

Thank you guys

excellent infromation thank you.

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by teewoods
    Hi

Ignore the poster Blindfaith, hes given no reason to believe you dont have gyno. Sometimes i wonder why some people just pot things without even backing them up. Seems to me the love to see their posts online.

You do have gyno, but its not mainly becasue you have high estorgen levels but more so cos you have High testostrone levels. Many BB on steriods do end up having gyno due to excess testostrone. in my case i had too much testostrone and i still do, thats why i dont take any special supplements, its great to turn up at the gym once in 6 months and lift very light weights and look far better than the man whos been killing himslef all day.

Cardio wont do anything, its a fat tissue you have and not fat cells. You need to get it removed through surgery. I had the same problem from the age of 13. and i had it surgically removed.
    Its done by inserting an incission around your nipple and removing the excess tissue.

Before i had my opp, i told the surgeon i want to see the excess tissue they removed. And see it i did, it was suprisingly big.

Do a search on the internet and you'd find many surgeons who perform this type of op. Believe me, it changes your life!!
    not a good way to start off posting here mate...if you disagree with what i say post some evidence to prove me wrong...dont go about being an idiot. Otherwise just dont post at all.

as you said before "Sometimes i wonder why some people just pot things without even backing them up". I dont exactly see you backing anything up either...just a bunch of opinion not fact.

RonJ...thanxs for the props bro...much appreciated.

cheers

\m/ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like you may have gyno.. but there is an easy way to find out.... its easiest if you have decent sized pecs.

Just flex your pecs so they are rock hard and place a couple of fingers over your nipple and rub it around... if you feel a round, ball-type piece of tissue that is harder then the rest of your breast than you have gyno. That piece of tissue is your enlarged gland.

I have gyno right now.... its pissing me off cause i have worked hard to develop my pecs and instead of looking more cut they just look like bigger breasts.

I have my regular check up with my doc in may, so hopefully i can talk to him about surgery then.

For any one who has had the surgery: How big are the scars and how noticable are they?
    \m/

steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelechris will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: SEVERE case of gyno- HELP ! TOO MUCH ESTRO

Originally posted by JoeBreast
    OK- So im 18 years old and I have had breasts since the 6th grade. Over the years they have developed bigger and bigger, i am currently 5'10, 215lbs. 6 months ago I was 248lbs, Ive been dieting strict, doing crazy cardio everyday. ive been taking xenadrine and drinking whey protein shakes post-workouts. my fat has gone down significantly, but these breasts do not seem like they will ever go away. I obviously have had a higher then normal level of estrogen my whole life, being that I am JUST starting to get facial hair. I was wondering if going on a suppliment like 6-OXO or other Anti-Estrogens would help me at all?....It just seems like I have too much estrogen and Im looking to work as hard as I can to get rid of these before I have to go for some surgery.
    You were meant to genetically be a woman...but your genes got messed up along the way...

sorry man hope you do sort out this problem though

Basicly there are two procedures used. inone they make the insistion about the nipple and work through that opening. That's what I had discussed with the surgeon and was expecting. The other one, which I had heard of and is what I woke up with, they make about a two inch cut in the fold under your pec where it meets the chest wall. Neither is that noticable if your not looking for it but if you know it's there it's not hard to find. When I was 5yo they remove a silver dollor size mole from may left calf, they patched it with a flap of skin they took from my lower ab/"bikini" area. They also took every other mole they noticed off so I have quite a number of similar thought mostly smaller scars across my chest and back. So they don't bother me all that much...

O/T My mon tells me I didn't have weight problem before they removed the mole but it started shortly afterwards. I remember the stiches coming out which I was 5, they should have knocked me out but they didn't and I remember laying there while they pick like 150 stiches out of my body. I think that's the scar that was left on my groin area probable made my more sensitive to the gyno, I had already had proof that they had done some thing to me. the mind somethings doesn't react rationally.

Re: Re: SEVERE case of gyno- HELP ! TOO MUCH ESTRO

Originally posted by steelechris
    You were meant to genetically be a woman...but your genes got messed up along the way...

sorry man hope you do sort out this problem though
    That really unlikely and just the kind of thing I had going through my head. It's not true and not helpful...

Rob--

Pumped77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a very minor case of gyno about 3 months ago. What had happened and this is no word of a lie, I had a really bad ear infection and the antibiotics that I was taking had caused an inbalance in my adrogen to estrogen ratios. The reason I know this is because I spoke with my doctor on this. I had also done some research on it and it has been known to happen in other males. Either from a really bad sickness, prescription drugs and obviously puberty. It has gone away on it's own and my horomone levels are all normal again. Now my nipples are just puffy and I have a bit of fat deposition behind my nipple. This also happened to me when I was 13 and my nipples went completely back to normal, the way they were before. I am hoping now that it will do the same again for me now. One way to definately tell if you do have gyno is if your nipples feel hard underneath(the gland) and the are very tender and hurt to touch.

here all you really need to know about GYNO:

Gynecomastia

Definition

Gynecomastia is a common disease of the male breast where there is a benign glandular enlargement of that breast at some time in the male's life. It usually consists of the appearance of a flat pad of glandular tissue beneath a nipple which becomes tender at the same time. The development may be unilateral or bilateral. There is rarely a continued growth of the breast tissue; ordinarily the process is of brief duration and stops short of the production of permanent enlargement of the breast.

Causes

A great number of patients who suffer from this disease have a disturbance in the proper ratio of androgen and estrogen levels. The normal ratio of the two hormones in plasma is approximately 100:1. "The etiology of gynecomastia in patients with a known documented cause appears to be related to increased estrogen stimulation, decreased testosterone levels, or some alteration of the estrogens and androgen so that the androgen-estrogen ratio is decreased"(Williams 373). From this information it was discovered that there is also a lower ratio of weaker adrenal androgens (delta 4-androstenedione and dehydroepiandrosterone) found in youths with this disease. It was once believed that there was an imbalance in the ratios of testosterone to estrogen or estradiol, but this is now know to be untrue.

There are three areas the can be attributed to the cause of gynecomastia: physiologic, pathologic and pharmacologic. "Enlargement of the male breast can be a normal physiologic phenomenon at certain stages of life or the result of several pathologic states."(Isselbacher, 2037)

In the case of physiologic gynecomastia the disease can occur in a newborn baby, at puberty or at any time in a man's life. In the newborn, transient enlargement of the breast is due to the action of maternal and/or placental estrogens. The enlargement usually disappears within a few weeks. Adolescent gynecomastia is common during puberty with the onset at the median age of 14. It is often asymmetrical and frequently tender. It regresses so that by the age of 20 only a small number of men have palpable vestiges of gynecomastia in one or both the breasts. Gynecomastia of aging also occurs in otherwise healthy men. Forty percent or more of aged men have gynecomastia. One explanation is the increase in age in the conversion of androgens to estrogens in extra-

glandular tissues. Drug therapy and abnormal liver functioning can also be causes of gynecomastia in older men.

When the disease is pathologic the patient can have increased estrogen secretions, increased conversion of androgens to estrogens or decreased androgen activity due to a failure in protein receptors. Increased estrogen secretions are found in such diseases and disorders as Hermaphroditism, Kleinfelter's syndrome, congenital adrenal hyperlasia, and adrenal carcinoma or testicular tumors. In the second case some examples are adrenal carcinoma, liver disorders, malnutrition and thyroidtoxicosis. Decreased androgen activity can be found in complete testicular feminization, incomplete testicular feminization and Reifenstein's syndrome.

Many drugs can cause gynecomastia by several mechanisms. The drugs can either act directly as estrogens or cause and increase in plasma estrogen levels. "Boys and young men are particularly sensitive to estrogen, and can develop gynecomastia after the use of dermal ointments containing estrogen or after the ingestion of milk or meat from estrogen-treated animals."(Isselbacher, 2038) Some examples of drugs that may have cause gynecomastia include Cannabinoids (methane and marijuana), Psychotropics (pheno-thiazine, butyrophenone and reserpine), Antihypertensives (reserpine, alpha-methyldopa and spironolactone), Cardiac (digitalis), Gastrointestinal (cimetidine, metoclopramide and domperidone), Antituburculous (isoniazid), Cytoxic (cyclophospha-mide, mustine, vincristine and mitotane) and Hormonal (sex steroids, gonadotropins and antiandrogens). Use of these drugs, however, will rarely cause gynecomastia. In some instances, the feminization is due to effects of drugs on liver functions.

Signs and Symptoms

There are very few signs and symptoms that are associated with the this disease. Signs may appear at any time in a male's life, although the most common time of onset is during puberty. At the first indication of the disease the patient will feel pain and tender-

ness in the breast area due to the rapid development of the breast. The breasts grow because of the enlargement of the glandular tissue. "The concentric arrangement of the connective tissue around the ducts is a characteristic feature of the active phase of gynecomastia."(Delany, 67) The enlargement of the breast is usually bilateral but some cases have unilateral enlargement. In the case of unilateral enlargement, "Induration, fixation, or bloody discharge should raise the possibility of carcinoma."(Wyngaarden, 1450) Carcinoma is a cancerous growth of the epithelial tissues.

It may be hard to distinguish true breast tissue from masses of adipose tissue without true enlargement (lipomastia). In such cases, a real case of gynecomastia can be distinguished by mammography or by sonography.

Early gynocomastia is characterized by "proliferation of both the fibrobalstic stroma and the duct system, which elongates, buds, and duplicates. As the disease progresses, fibrosis and hyalinization are associated with the regression of epithelial proliferation." Eventually the number of ducts decreases, resolution occurs by reduction in size of epithelial content leaving temporary hyaline bands behind. (Isselbacher, 2037)

Diagnosis

A satisfactory diagnosis can be made in only half or less of patients referred for gynecomastia. This is a result of insufficient diagnostic techniques, causes that are still undefined and/or difficult to diagnose, or in some instances, gynecomastia may be normal rather than due to a pathologic state. This disease should only be worked up only if there is a negative drug history, if the breast is tender (indicating rapid growth), or if the breast mass is larger than 4 cm in diameter. A decision to perform an endocrine evaluation depends on the clinical context. An example would be gynecomastia associated with signs of under androgenization.

Obesity can often be confused with gynecomastia. To prevent this, the doctor can palpate the breast to see if there is a lack of glandular elements that would indicate only obesity.

Once the signs become evident, the doctor needs to assess the patient with a number of test to give a proper diagnosis since many other diseases and disorders are commonly involved. This can be done with a physical examination. The head and neck area may show signs of a pituitary tumor or goiter which is found in Graves disease. The skin and abdomen may reveal signs of liver failure and the testes should be examined for asymmetric enlargement in Klinefelter's syndrome. The doctor may consider liver function tests of a karyotype if Kleinfelter's is suspected. Other diseases related to gynecomastia include: testicular tumors, hypo and hyperthyroidism, Cushing's disease, cirrhosis, spinal cord lesions, Hodgkin's disease, enzymatic defects in androgen synthesis and androgen resistance syndromes, and many others.

The evaluation of patients with gynecomastia should include a careful drug history, measurement and examination of the testes, evaluation of liver function and endocrine evaluation to include measurement of serum androstenedione or 24-h urinary 17-keto-steriods, plasma estradiol and hCG, and plasma luteinizing hormone (LH) and testoster-

one. If LH is high and testosterone is low, the diagnosis is usually testicular failure. If LH and testosterone are both low, the diagnosis is usually increased estrogen production. If they are both high, the diagnosis is either an androgen-resistance state or a gonadotropin -secreting tumor. In true gynecomastia these tests would prove to be unnecessary because the symptoms would regress.

Treatment

When the primary cause can be identified and corrected, breast enlargement usually diminishes until it usually disappears. For example, "androgen replacement therapy may produce dramatic improvement in men with testicular insufficiency. However, if the gynecomastia is of long duration (and fibrosis has replaced the original ductal hyperplasia), correction of the primary defect may not be followed by resolution." (Isselbacher, 2038) In this case, surgery would be the only effective treatment. Candidates for surgery include those with several psychologic and/or cosmetic problems, continued growth, or a suspected malignancy.

The treatment selected for this disease is related to how the patient was affected by the disease. The treatment for a person who contracted the disease through certain drug use will be treated different from a person who is affected from a related disease. If gynecomastia is contracted through drug use, the patient will needs to discontinue the medications that are associated with the disease. The only exception is when there is a life threatening illness involved, and there is no alternative medication available.

For those suffering from gynecomastia, the doctor may prescribe antiestrogens such as clomiphene citrate or tamoxiten to eliminate tenderness of the breast. "The non-aromatizable androgen dihydrotesosterone also has been reported to reduce gynecomastia by reducing testicular secretion of estradiol, by decreasing peripheral conversion of precursors to estradiol and by increasing circulating levels of androgen."(Kohler, 295) In patient with painful gynecomastia and who are not candidates for other therapy, treat-ments with antiestrogens such as tamoxifen may be used.

When other related diseases are the cause for the onset of gynecomastia, treatment of these diseases will often cure gynecomastia, too. The removal of a sex steroid produc-ing tumor or treatment of thyroidtoxicosis are two examples. Testosterone treatment of androgen deficiency will also cause great improvement in this condition. "Prophylactic radiation of the breasts prior to the institution of diethylstilbestrol therapy is effective in

preventing gynecomastia and has a low complication rate in elderly men."(Isselbacher, 2039)

In most cases of true gynecomastia the signs and symptoms should regress in about a year. However, in the case of severe gynecomsatia where the breast has an increase of fibrous tissue stroma the patient will require a surgical reduction mammo-plasty. Once this has been done the tissue is sent to a lab to be examined. The results should show elongated circular ducts imbedded in cellular fibrous tissue with a rubbery fatty quality. From these laboratory tests it can be determined if there is any cribiform epithelial hyperlasia or a case of carcinoma. Although the relative risk of carcinoma of the breast is increased in men with gynecomastia, it is rare nevertheless.

Statistical Data

Gynecomastia is found only in males, and the signs can appear any time in a male's lifetime. It is the leading breast disorder in males and it accounts for 60% of all disorders of the male breast. About 85% of male breast masses are due to gynecomastia. Forty percent of the cases affect pubescent boys occurring most often between the ages of 14 to 15.5. Approximately 40% of normal men and up to 70% of hospitalized men have palpable breast tissue. Active gynecomastia in autopsy data is between 5 and 9%. "More than 80% of their hospitalized patients with a body mass index of 25 kg/m2 or greater had gynocamastia."(Williams, 373) About 70% of pubertal males required no treatment. "If the threshold for judging that the breast is enlarged is set at 2.0cm in diameter, the incidence is 32-36% in normal aged men 17-58 years."(Williams, 340) A bloody discharge is present in about 60% of patients, while a milky discharge is present in about 1% of patients.

Recent Research

In the Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center a set of experiments were done to see if there is a connection between 3B-HSD deficiency and gynecomastia. The researchers tested a male who had developed right side gynecomastia at the age of twenty-four. When a series of tests were run, no other underlying conditions were evident. He was found only to have a deficiency of 3B-HSD. The patient also had abnormally high ratios of estradiol, estrogen and aldosterone and other serums. This showed the presence of adrenal sex steroid production on the right side of his body.

This is not to say that all males patients with a deficiency of 3B-HSD will develop gynecomastia. Other patients with the same deficiency showed no signs, and still others with normal 3B-HSD levels have also been found to have reduced breast tissue. Researchers, however, do believe that the deficiency of 3B-HSD later in life is quite possibly a frequently unrecognized cause of new-onset gynecomastia.

There are so many causes and factors that lead to the disease gynecomastia that it is very difficult for researchers to try to agree upon one main factor. So many of the cases differ from one another, and, perhaps, no one cause will ever be agreed upon as the leading factor of the disease. As long as there is no other underlying disease or disorder, gynecomastia is not a life threatening disease. Experimentation with hormone therapy is the main research being tested at this time.

Originally posted by Dr Bill
    Bro, I hear ya man, Im down to 290 right now and cant wait to get rid of this ****! But if you wanna shoot me some PM's over time on how your doing and all that it would mean a lot, knowing what I got to look forward to. Good job on the fat loss!!!

-Bill
    If your looking for some PM's this is basicly how I lost the weight. Dieting was really the key.
    heres my breakfast: 5 egg whites 2 pieces of fruit
    2nd breakfast: a protein bar and sometimes another egg white hard boiled
    lunch: a quarter pound of turkey or a couple pieces of chicken with salad and some vegetables and fruits
    Pre workout: can of tuna with lemon juice. sometimes I roll it in a tortilla or I just eat it straight.
    Post workout: whey protein shake and usually a piece of fruit.
    Dinner: always some type of fish sauted with vegetables and a salad.
    Besides eating like this I am constantly drinking water. I don't really measure how much I drink but I would have to imagine that I put down aproximately two gallons a day. Hope this helps you out.

DynoDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Blindfaith--Thank you very much for posting that information. At first I thought I might have gyno, but now realize it's just regular fat (no tenderness or enlarged glands). I was even about to go buy some Vitex.

DD

BigTime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ok then

Originally posted by teewoods
    Hi

Tis better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open your frekin pie-hole and remove all doubt!!!!!!

Joe.... Man listen to blind faith.... Get your diet as tight as possible, then tweak it some more. Move your big azz and move some serious iron..

I was 386 last January, and am not even really weighing myself anymore, just judging by old pics and the mirror... Sitting somewhere around 275 right now, and my goal of 245 is just around the corner...... Oh and those bologna tits are almost gone..

Pm me If you need any help bro..

BigTime out!!!
    Last edited by BigTime; 02-18-2003 at 01:41 AM.
    Bigtime@cyber-rights.net

Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Those of you who are unaffected seem to need to shut the hell up.

When I was in football as a kid, the doc commented on it, it being gyno, the scourge of my pre-18 life. Told me not to worry about losing fat, but to bulk up in muscularity to lessen the appearance and that it would hopefully go away in time. When I was 17, I got fed up, talked to an endocrineologist, I had low test....I got test patches to no avail.

6 months later I went under the knife. Best thing I've done in my life. THE single most life changing experience ever. Within 2 months I was no longer a virgin (such insecurity hinders relations ya know). I had much less anger, and was more confident. I shudder to think what my life would have been if I didn't do it.

I was a little chubby, but definetly not obese for the record.

So more than anything, good luck, get it checked out while/if you have insurance. Confidence is priceless.

Originally posted by Mattguy
    Those of you who are unaffected seem to need to shut the hell up.

When I was in football as a kid, the doc commented on it, it being gyno, the scourge of my pre-18 life. Told me not to worry about losing fat, but to bulk up in muscularity to lessen the appearance and that it would hopefully go away in time. When I was 17, I got fed up, talked to an endocrineologist, I had low test....I got test patches to no avail.

6 months later I went under the knife. Best thing I've done in my life. THE single most life changing experience ever. Within 2 months I was no longer a virgin (such insecurity hinders relations ya know). I had much less anger, and was more confident. I shudder to think what my life would have been if I didn't do it.

I was a little chubby, but definetly not obese for the record.

So more than anything, good luck, get it checked out while/if you have insurance. Confidence is priceless.
    Well said Mattguy... I'm still living with the damage it did it my self image. I regraet not having the balls to make my parents understand how much this bothered me and had it corrected early in high school instead of waiting as long as I did. As you say "Confidence is priceless"...

Rob--

youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) youi09 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all u guys who had surgery for gyno , i got it from puberty and i had it forever(6+ years) and i was wondering if insurance will pay for me or do i gotta scrape up a few thousand to get this bull**** removed?

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm guessing that insurance will cover it since it's something that isn't supposed to be there. It's not totally cosmetic.

One thing that kinda bothers me about insurance is that they'll pay for gastro-intestinal bypass surgery and will pay for the "skin reduction" surgery to "clean up the mess" if you're over 100 lbs, but if you actually work off and lose all that weight, they won't pay for just the "skin reduction" surgery that's a hell of a lot cheaper because it's purely cosmetic. (at least that's how my insurance company works)

Screw em.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mattguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Insurance paid for mine.

Insurance picked up mine too ... If you have some other stuff you would like done, like love handles or something, it's a good time to do it while the insurance is paying for you to be on the table. You'll have to pay for the procedure but insurance picks up pre and post op. costs as part of the Gyno.

Rob--

BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It sounds like it's probably just fat. At 5'10 and 248 he was decently overweight. It's unfortunate that fat isn't burned evenly across your body. Just keep up with the diet and the work out plan, you are doing great. Your body will even out over time.

Originally posted by BlackHawk
    It sounds like it's probably just fat. At 5'10 and 248 he was decently overweight. It's unfortunate that fat isn't burned evenly across your body. Just keep up with the diet and the work out plan, you are doing great. Your body will even out over time.
    Yeah, that's my problem. I'm just ignoring WHERE I lose fat and just losing it as much as possible. I'll pay attention to the wheres when I get there.
    Ron J
    ----------