xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Formula for one rep Max

Does anyone know the formula to figure out 1 rep max?

For example, if I can do 9 reps of 50 LB DB's what would my 1 rep DB max or barbell bench press be?
    Last edited by xXSeanXx; 12-11-2006 at 08:00 AM.

massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10) massofgas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xXSeanXx View Post
    For example, if I can do 9 reps of 50 LB DB's what would my 1 rep DB max or barbell bench press be?
    Probably more then 50lbs... go find out, which coincidently is the only way to get an accurate number.

xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xXSeanXx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by massofgas View Post
    I input my info but it doesn't seem right. It's telling me that my one rep max is 129. That would be 65 ln dummbells. So, I can do 100lbs total times 8 and 129lbs once. What?? I think this measurement is geared more towrds BB.
    Last edited by xXSeanXx; 12-11-2006 at 08:13 AM.

dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbcb314 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't think there is a 'db 1 rep max" formula.'

For one, there is no reason to max out on db's at all.

For two, the first rep is always the hardest and it would mess up the calculator.

Okay, yeah that makes more sense. I think I'm getting a Barbell for x-mas. I guess I'll find out then.

AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AbramsM1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah man, don't listen to those calculators. They pretty much are inaccurate.

Regards,
    Abrams
    Oh-oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
    what so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight, or the ramparts we watched,
    were so gallantly streaming.

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there.

Oh-oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
    O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave?

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Formula's are an average, general idea of what your 1rm is.
    Many times they will be wrong - My max is always alot higher than what I see in the formulas.
    Most powerlifters would have a much higher max than what I shown in the forumlas as well.
    The difference between an 8rm and 1rm can be huge depending on how your cns is trained.

The only way to know, if you really want to, is to actually do it.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by xXSeanXx View Post
    Does anyone know the formula to figure out 1 rep max?

The only accurate method is to test for your 1RM. The calculator will only be accurate if the averages from the test group the coefficients it uses are based on match up with you and the way you train. If you are going to use one, test as close to your 1RM as possible, like a 3RM or 5RM.

If you want to make your own calculator that will be accurate, read this.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interesting....I have never thought of a 1rm on db's, lol

as far as formulas they are obviously going to only work accurately for a certain % of peeps...for others they will be less accurate

and the higher the reps you use the less accurate.....like putting a 9 rep max in will be way less accurate than a 5 or 3 rm

if you want to know your TRUE 1rm....get a buddy to spot you and go figure it out the old school way....actually DO it

working up to a max is way more satisfying that some gobbledygook number spit out from some formula
    "Humility comes before honor"

bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, its just an average, and its not truely accurate. But I do use them, to get an idea of where I should start if I have no idea what my one rep max is. So i usually start with the lower one and go from there.

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=18
    White Sox fan