Below is what I found to support the argument that the holiness code does not apply.

As far as Jesus stating the holiness code, Leviticus 17-26, does not apply to Christians, all I could find was the incident described in Mark where Jesus sat and ate with sinners and tax collectors and then appeared to release the rules of the Sabbath to some extent.

Jesus broke down the dividing walls of hostility, declaring the search for food on the Sabbath clean and thereby abolishing the purity boundary between Sabbath and weekday. (Mark 2:23-28) He sat at table with toll collectors and sinners, refusing to cleanse himself after contact with them (Mark 2: 15-17), even though by eating with them he contracted their uncleanness. But Jesus recognized no such uncleanness and he rejected the power of the temple and the pharisees to control life by proscribing and prescribing behavior. Jesus himself, because of him opposition to the codes was banished, driven, disfellowshipped from many synagogues because he dared to cross the forbidden boundaries without cleansing himself and subjecting himself to the temple rituals of recleansing.
As for Paul, (I'm sure Christians here have seen this before) In Galatians Paul appears to equate the Torah to a "Yolk of slavery."

Paul was no less bold where the Torah was concerned. In fact, he was even more drastic. In Galatians 3:23 5, he argues that the Torah is kaput, done and finished. "Now, before faith came we were imprisoned and guarded under the Torah until faith would be revealed. Therefore, the Torah was our disciplinarian (paidogogos) until Christ came so that we might be justified by faith." (Gal 3:23-25) To those gentiles who wanted to return to circumcision and Torah obedience, Paul replied, "for freedom, Christ has set us free. Stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again therefore to the yolk of slavery. (5:1)
In terms of the claim, "Jesus and Paul both said the holiness code in Leviticus does not pertain to Christian believers," both, to me at least, seem extremely debatable.

Full-text versiosn of the quotes above

http://www.bridges-across.org/ba/herzog1.htm

Something else you might find interesting
http://www.whosoever.org/v5i2/steve.html

We all know there are many rules contained within this code freely broken in today's world, even by Christians. People get tattoos, clip their hair at the temples, trim their beards at the edges, and eat meat with the blood still in it without any persecution from Christians. So, it's safe to say that not all these rules apply today. However, there are other rules contained within the holiness code -sex with animals, with your own children, your mother, robbing your neighbor, and even making a prostitute out of your daughter- that would most definitely receive, and IMO be deserving of, persecution. In fact, if such laws are broken in today's society, jail time is the legal punishment.

So, why are we able to ignore some but required to abide by other rules laid out in this code?

Is it a matter of personal preference?

Because, as far as I'm concerned and from a religious point of view, you either follow and uphold all of these laws or you ignore all of them (especially since two conflicting rules may even appear within the same sentence). That is unless, there is some Biblical evidence of it being a personal decision as to which rules one chooses to follow.

BTW no gay talk please. Just stick to examples I've given or others you might wanna dig up.