delano5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Help me with my.....ANTERIOR PELVIC TILT

I need to find more info on how to correct my anterior pelvic. mainly how to stretch my psoas major properly. I know the basics on how to correct it, but I'm looking for a "routine" I can do everyday. I need to fix this thing, it's really starting to bother me.
    THank you for the help.
    Get off the cell phone AND LIFT SOMETHING!!!!

Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dan5290 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by delano5050 View Post
    I need to find more info on how to correct my anterior pelvic. mainly how to stretch my psoas major properly. I know the basics on how to correct it, but I'm looking for a "routine" I can do everyday. I need to fix this thing, it's really starting to bother me.
    THank you for the help.
    I think I might have a minor case of the same problem. What are the "basics on how to correct it" that you speak of?

shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadyniner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go over to t-nation.com and look for articles by Eric Cressey and/or Mike Robertson. Particluarly their Neanderthal No More series. Check it out.

nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickortego has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretch what's tight, strengthen what's weak.

The anterior pelvic tilt posture or "lower cross syndrome" as it it sometimes called is caused by muscle imbalances around the hip, pelvis, and lower back.

These muscles tend to be shortened and tight:
    hip flexors- psoas, rectus femoris(upper part of quad that crosses the hip joint)
    erector spinae- lower back

These muscles tend to be lengthened and weak:
    Glutes
    Lower abdominals

The first priority in correcting it is to stretch the tight muscles very frequently (several times a day if possible). This will help keep to them inhibited. If you don't stretch the tight muscles they will tend to get involved in movements that shouldn't involve them heavily. For example, hip flexors will contract too much during abdominal exercises.

Next, doing some daily muscle activation work on the inhibited, lengenthed muscle will help bring about balance.

Here is the program I would suggest.

Hip Flexor stretch- In a lunge position, resting on one knee. Push your hips forward and leave your knee as far behind the hips as possible. Hold 30 seconds on each side.
    Rectus Femoris(Upper Quad) Stretch- From the above position, reach back and pull your foot toward your butt.
    Lower Back Stretch- Lying on your back, pull your knees into your chest. Hold 30 seconds on each side.
    Wrap your arms around your knees and hold this positon. Hold 30 seconds.
    Repeat each stretch as often as possible: when awakening, before going to sleep, between sets of your workout etc.

Lower abdominal activation: Lying on your back with your knees bent, pick your feet up off the floor. Place your fingertips underneath the curve of your lower back. Push your lower back down into your fingertips and hold the pressure on your finger tips. Maintain the pressure of your lower back pushing onto your fingertips as you push one foot away from your body. Be mindful of not letting the lower back come up off of your finger tips. Alternate legs and remember to breath. Repeat until the point where your are unable to keep the lower back down. The lower back coming up indicates that the abs are losing control of the pelvis and the hip flexors are pulling the pelvis forward.

Glute activation: Lying on your stomach with your toes turned outward. Raise your leg up off the floor one leg at a time trying to keep the front of your hips firmly pressed into the floor. Raise each leg only as high as you can go without tilting the pelvis. Tilting the pelvis will involve the lower back extensors, which is the opposite of the intended goal. Start with a few sets of 10 on each leg and work up from there, being careful to keep the movement quality good. No pelvic tilting.

This program should be a good start. PM me if your have questions.

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do a lot of postural assessment, and several of my clients have this issue. I use either kettlebell swings or substitute a medicine ball if they're not ready for that.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kett...cle=Hamstrings
    If you look into this you'll see why it is very good for correcting this. When done properly it engages everything, and stretches out the tight area.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

delano5050 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nickortego View Post
    The anterior pelvic tilt posture or "lower cross syndrome" as it it sometimes called is caused by muscle imbalances around the hip, pelvis, and lower back.

These muscles tend to be shortened and tight:
    hip flexors- psoas, rectus femoris(upper part of quad that crosses the hip joint)
    erector spinae- lower back

These muscles tend to be lengthened and weak:
    Glutes
    Lower abdominals

The first priority in correcting it is to stretch the tight muscles very frequently (several times a day if possible). This will help keep to them inhibited. If you don't stretch the tight muscles they will tend to get involved in movements that shouldn't involve them heavily. For example, hip flexors will contract too much during abdominal exercises.

Next, doing some daily muscle activation work on the inhibited, lengenthed muscle will help bring about balance.

Here is the program I would suggest.

Hip Flexor stretch- In a lunge position, resting on one knee. Push your hips forward and leave your knee as far behind the hips as possible. Hold 30 seconds on each side.
    Rectus Femoris(Upper Quad) Stretch- From the above position, reach back and pull your foot toward your butt.
    Lower Back Stretch- Lying on your back, pull your knees into your chest. Hold 30 seconds on each side.
    Wrap your arms around your knees and hold this positon. Hold 30 seconds.
    Repeat each stretch as often as possible: when awakening, before going to sleep, between sets of your workout etc.

Lower abdominal activation: Lying on your back with your knees bent, pick your feet up off the floor. Place your fingertips underneath the curve of your lower back. Push your lower back down into your fingertips and hold the pressure on your finger tips. Maintain the pressure of your lower back pushing onto your fingertips as you push one foot away from your body. Be mindful of not letting the lower back come up off of your finger tips. Alternate legs and remember to breath. Repeat until the point where your are unable to keep the lower back down. The lower back coming up indicates that the abs are losing control of the pelvis and the hip flexors are pulling the pelvis forward.

Glute activation: Lying on your stomach with your toes turned outward. Raise your leg up off the floor one leg at a time trying to keep the front of your hips firmly pressed into the floor. Raise each leg only as high as you can go without tilting the pelvis. Tilting the pelvis will involve the lower back extensors, which is the opposite of the intended goal. Start with a few sets of 10 on each leg and work up from there, being careful to keep the movement quality good. No pelvic tilting.

This program should be a good start. PM me if your have questions.
    Thank You very much, This is the type of routine I was thinking of I was just looking for confirmation. Glute Activation: ( a.k.a. Floor Bridge ) seems so easy when you lift heavy all the time, you never really realize how important these basic movements and stretches are.
    Get off the cell phone AND LIFT SOMETHING!!!!