scaven has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Classi Skinny Guy, How many times should I workout a week to pack on mass?

I am the classic skinny guy, I have read all over that the key is to eat ALOT and lift heavy, and alos to rest more than the normal person.

My question is how many times per week should I work out to be adequate?

Also, anyone know where I can get some good bodybuilding schedules online without having to pay for them.

JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Classi Skinny Guy, How many times should I workout a week to pack on mass?

Originally posted by scaven
    I am the classic skinny guy, I have read all over that the key is to eat ALOT and lift heavy, and alos to rest more than the normal person.

My question is how many times per week should I work out to be adequate?

Also, anyone know where I can get some good bodybuilding schedules online without having to pay for them.
    Check out the main page for a bunch a training routines. You should be able to find something that fits your needs.

Whatever you do, don't pay for one. Giving someone money for a routine in no way insures that it works.
    "Pain is a state of MIND -
    - Mass is a state of BEING"
    This one is my own.

Lightbulb thanks..

I checked it out already, the problem is that I am a newbie, and there is so much stuff that I had no IDEA of where to begin.

this is why I posted on the board.

could you please guide me to a specific section on mass/weight gaining for a hardgainer

JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: thanks..

Originally posted by scaven
    I checked it out already, the problem is that I am a newbie, and there is so much stuff that I had no IDEA of where to begin.

this is why I posted on the board.

could you please guide me to a specific section on mass/weight gaining for a hardgainer
    This one seems like a good place to start.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

This will give you a full body workout three days a week. I can't speak for everyone, but I think this is how most of start out. Concentrate on the movements and learing perfect form.

Try it out for a while and then see were you are in a few months.

One of the things that you will need to learn, and the sooner the better, is that nothing works for everyone. Give the program a try, track your progress, and then evaluate your self. Make some changes and then try again. None of us got it right the first time, and many like myself still don't have it right. We do make gains, but we are always learning and trying new things to see what works best for us.

The only way to really make progress is to keep experimenting with things and eventually you will start to know what works for you and what doesn't. The worst thing you can do as a newbie is to let that uncertainty you feel about a program stop you from working out. Don't wait for the perfect program, or till you can buy some supplement, or anything.

Get in the gym and lift. You'll figure it out as you go along, just like the rest of us.
    "Pain is a state of MIND -
    - Mass is a state of BEING"
    This one is my own.

thanks

that is GREAT advice, especially the very last part.

HITKING has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was a newbie 3 days a week full body proved to be too much. I would suggest twice a week since most people do to much.
    The key to muscular growth is logic, sound science, and hard work.

I'm a recovering ectomorph. 27, 5'8", 175. Have trained off and on for years but only seriously since mid-April 2002.