Registered User gtconvertable89's Avatar
    gtconvertable89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What Are Some Good Exercises For Biceps & Forearms

I'm having a hard time gaining size in my biceps and forearms. After the gym, I rarely feel sore and I am having touble working these muscles out. Any info on some good bicep or forearms exercises would be helpful. Thanks

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How many reps per exercise you do?
    How many sets?

GIve us info, and we might help...
    PEace-out
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000) Superman is just really nice. (+1000)

-

I doubt that you need more exercises (there are only some many ways that you can do a curl anyway). I think that you just need to train harder or with more intensity (supersets, dropsets, 21's, etc.)

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You might over-train them...
    Tell us more...

Peace-out

usually do:

basic curls with dumbells (3 sets of 7)

uneven bar curls (3 sets of 7)

some dumbell curls from the side (hard to explain - bring the dumbell up to the middle of my chest) (3 sets of 7)

sometimes i use the preachers bench

also use a machine like preachers bench at times

I work it pretty hard - but I am never really sore the next day

With chest and tri's, I am always pretty sore the next day.

Forearms - I just to those wrist curls

ain't nuttin but a peanut AznBB's Avatar
    AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump on superman, for the biceps i agree with super , there are only so many ways you can curl... try upping the intensity, or changing the rountine/exercises you use.And the forearms can only basically worked in 2 ways either extension or flexion so its simply ( im really breaking it down to the basics) gonna be a wrist curl or reverse wrist curl but there are other ways to work it but those 2 are the basic ways .

Try HIT then...
    Peace

AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Id add more preachers as a staple in your routine because of the fact in EMG studies it ranked the highest in the exercise that recruited the most bicep muscle fibers. Try supersetting or dropsetting or 21s to shock the muscles. Also you could try changing all the exercises see what works ie. try incline seated curls, hammer curls(works forearms a bit more) , lying curls, concentration curls, etc. And you should also supinate the wrist on the way up if you're not doing it already.

It is a proven fact that if you're not sore after a workout, it doesn't mean that you don't grow...
    No scientific fact has proven where soreness comes from....so that means nobody has proven that soreness is a key to grow...

You know, some people have good genes, and some not...
    That means that you have to workout harder than everybody alittle bit, to get results...

Train no more than 3 days a week...
    And try HIT, it should help you...
    Peace-out

GoodforhisAge is right once again!

Soreness is not necessarily in indication of growth you can grow without being sore.

GFHA: i thought that soreness was due to the build up of lactic acid in the muscle...but still soreness is not always an indication of growth

Did I mention that in other thread? I think yea...(About lactic acid)

Nope, maybe I messed up or something when I said that, (Though I can't find it anywhere) but there's no fact that soreness comes from build up lactic acid...Even scientists are still researching where soreness comes from...

Muscle failure is 'caused by the beginners because of build-up lactic acid in their muscles...

Peace

What is HIT, supersetting and drop setting?

I actually have started to only train each muscle group about once a week or maybe once every 6 days. I have been told by a lot of people to give about that much time rest.

High Intensity Training program

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by gtconvertable89
    What is HIT, supersetting and drop setting?

I actually have started to only train each muscle group about once a week or maybe once every 6 days. I have been told by a lot of people to give about that much time rest.
    HIT is High Intensity Training, pioneered by Mike Mentzer. You do very brief, but very intense workouts and take very long rests in between workouts. Find out more at http://www.mikementzer.com.

Supersetting is working different bodyparts side by side, without stopping in between. A popular one is chest and back. You would do a set of db presses, then bent over rows, then db presses, etc.

Drop setting is working to failure with a heavy weight, then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again, and then dropping the weight a little and working to failure again.

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by gtconvertable89
    usually do:

basic curls with dumbells (3 sets of 7)

uneven bar curls (3 sets of 7)

some dumbell curls from the side (hard to explain - bring the dumbell up to the middle of my chest) (3 sets of 7)

sometimes i use the preachers bench

also use a machine like preachers bench at times

I work it pretty hard - but I am never really sore the next day

With chest and tri's, I am always pretty sore the next day.

Forearms - I just to those wrist curls
    Rep with a weight that you can only finish one set with, then finish all the other sets with the same weight. Meaning, use the heaviest weight you can for the amount of reps you want to do.
    Many have found that their biceps grow the best within the rep range of 10 - 12. No one knows why
    Curl the weight to your deltoid instead of your chest, and twist your hand when you do it so that the pinky is higher than the thumb, and then hold the contraction at the top for a second or two before starting the negative. Don't use the machines. They suck. Nuff said.
    Try drop sets. They work good for me, and try reducing the time your rest in between sets. I do 20 seconds for small muscle groups(bi's, tri's) and 30 for larger ones(chest, legs).

goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah, HIT means that you train low reps and like 3-5 sets. Train with heavy weights and keep the rep scheme below 10. Pump all sets out to failure.

supersetting(with the same body part) - when you do 2 sets of an exercise consecutively without rest. Like when you do barbell front raises and then go to dumbbell side laterals

Go to this URL: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ice4.htm

it has many different styles

Also, make sure you change up your routine a lot so that your body won't get use to same workout and then your body won't grow anymore.

goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    also, you normally don't have to train forearms because you usually work them when you workout
    it's sorta like when you floss your teeth, you floss your gums as well

hehe another post

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ice.htm
    a VERY well done page by big cat
    good info

Goonies, he did say that he had small forearms...Some people aren't genetically blessed like others, you know.
    *starts sniffling, then breaks out into tears*

timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timmy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i agree with seanconnery. higher reps and perfect form for biceps work a lot better.
    Get hard with no mercy, get hard with no prisoners

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hdahdgll TIMMAH!!! livin a lie.... TIMMAH!!!! fhsalhf;