aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Powertec utility bench new or old design?

I've seen a thread that asked whether anyone had what appears to be the new design as shown on the powertec website. Just a word of warning. Even if a retailer has that same pic what they get from powertec may be what seems to be the old design, as in what's shown in the power rack video. Powertec uses the same model # for both. I ordered my bench 2 weeks ago and what I got doesnt match the current photos.

I've contacted Powertec to see what's going on here. I'm thinking it might be that the photo on their website is actually an old prototype or one that is not available yet.

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The new bench
    http://powertecfitness.com/power_rack_system.htm

The older one (I had this one 2 years ago)

http://powertecfitness.com/utlbench.htm

aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KSA View Post
    The new bench

Well, that looks like I was right in thinking powertec had the old photo up at their site.

That's causing some confusion to say the least. Of course with my luck, I'll put it all together and find out differently lol.

Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KSA View Post
    The new bench

Are you sure ? I thought is on the contrary . A lot of peoples are saying that the bech that has that adjuster pin in the center is the NEWER model .

I have this http://powertecfitness.com/power_rack_system.htm for 8 month and i think is the older model .

Off course i may be wrong but i have read more than 5 posts and the people say that this ( your first link ) is the older model .

And againg you may be right because i saw some pictures with the work-bench dated 2002 and the base of the bench looks like your 2 link ....

what a mess ...
    ,, Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear ,, - G. Orwell

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had that bench 2 years ago. The bench was black.
    The new model is dark grey.

The first powertec utility bench :

http://cgi.ebay.de/Powertec-Utility-...QQcmdZViewItem

Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Lo7us has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I never saw that model before !!!

That means that in this family of benches from powertec there are 4 models :

- The one that you listed last time
    - The one with the center adjuster
    - The one with that big GAp between ( same design )
    - And the last model , the link you posted first time , the adjuster is on the side and the base of the bench is a little different ( fortunately i have this one )

Well the ,,fog,, is gone now , it all clear ...
    ,, Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear ,, - G. Orwell

Hopefully powertec's reply will clear this up a bit.

Just talked to powertec. The photo they have is old. The current utility bench design does not have the main bar ending with no connection at the back or the x frame underneath. The bench used in the power rack video is the current design.

So now I'll start putting mine together

Got the bench together. Very solid. It's only 17" +/- high, which I wasnt expecting. Quite a difference from my old 20" high bench. Also, the backrest flares to about 13" at the bottom and goes down to 10" towards the top.

It still doesnt decline to that last hole. I'm going to call them and see if there's a fix. If not, such is life. I have a smidgeon of a tilt on the backrest if I want to be an extreme perfectionist, but it's not enough to bother me.

The leg extension/curl is beefy and I have no doubt it will handle the 250lb stated capacity.

Overall, I'm pleased and will give it a workout tomorrow.