Thread: WHey protein

oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

WHey protein

I was wondering if i should go out and buy it? I dont really know what it does for you and how it can help you wiht your workout. ALl i kno about it is that it contains protein and can give u energy and can hlep build muscle faster??......FIll me in on this guys and What kind of whey protein is good for a 15 year old kid.....

oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) oasis1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anyone i cud uase the help

IrishJudoka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJudoka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IrishJudoka87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, keeping it simple whey basically is a fast absorbing protein meaning your body gets the nutrients needed quickly before/after a workout or first thing in the morning. It's hard to find in food form and is convenient just to take a whey shake as it gets you the protein you need into your system quick...

Do buy it and mix with water, not milk as milk with slow down the absorbtion...
    'Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today'

'To get what others don't you have to do what others won't'

My MMA/Lifting Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=980507

Recklessbat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whey protein is one of the main types of protein. it's one of two proteins derived from milk (casein being the other) and thus is usually avoided if you're lactose-intolerant. whey has a very high biological value, meaning that the vast majority of what you ingest will be used in your body during digestion, and as irish said above, it's a relatively fast digesting protein as opposed to its milk-brother casein which can take between 3-5 hours to digest, which is why most people take whey in the morning as well as pre/post workout to get the protein quickly into your body. whey protein won't give you energy necessarily - if you're looking for a "pump" pre-workout most people use NO (nitrous oxide) products, but at your age and level it's wholly unnecessary. If you're serious about weight training whey protein is probably the best supplement you can get with your money - take it before your workout with water and after with water or milk (milk is actually great to take post workout in the body's anabolic stage as it has a great amino profile and provides the much needed sugars to replenish your glycogen stores after working out)
    -DT

Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your a moron dude, do some research, if you dont know what whey is you dont know a damn thing about workout out,..kid

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I personally believe that whey protein is the most important supplement, i take it more seriously than creatine.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) token2004 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PainIsResults View Post
    I personally believe that whey protein is the most important supplement, i take it more seriously than creatine.
    I take both, in the same shake.

Vegetarian Bodybuilder TimboBandit's Avatar
    TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimboBandit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Simply put, protein is what muscle is made of and if you don't get enough of it there's no way your muscles are going to grow as much as they can.
    But really you need to research this and learn alot more.
    Try this article: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lisa11.htm

Now, it's important to get protein from your diet too. But the advantage of a whey protein supplement is that you can get alot of protein into a small drink that isn't very filling, while to get the same amount of protein from food you might have to stuff yourself; so protein supplements are a good way to add extra protein to your already protein-heavy diet. Protein from whey is the best protein supplement to take postworkout because it's the quickest digesting protein and therefore gets to your thirsty muscles the fastest. You can also take whey protein throughout the day for extra protein.
    Read this article about whey: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet44.htm
    Last edited by TimboBandit; 12-05-2006 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks for the replys guys i appreciated it

Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by token2004 View Post
    I take both, in the same shake.
    your an idiot, that not a good idea

RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) RavensFan06 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was thinking of taking whey before and after i workout...but before i workout i take N.O. Explode and i have to take that on an empty stomach so should i just take the whey after i workout...or is there a way i could fit it in to pre-workout?

concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Iliketolift View Post
    sez joo?
    "If you immediately know the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago"

KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Show some proof then genius.

IliketoLift-ur a ***....what u been lfiting for liek2 years? i see no gains from u

Originally Posted by oasis1 View Post
    IliketoLift-ur a ***....what u been lfiting for liek2 years? i see no gains from u
    See no gains? iv only posted up one picture you *** gotry.
    I went from 1356-185 in 13 months and im 19 you little bitches, you have even hit puberty. Creatine needs a sugar to transport the creatine to the muscle, and if your taking whey with it, thats not sugar, learn some facts and read.

concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000) concept is just really nice. (+1000)
    See no gains? iv only posted up one picture you *** gotry.
    I went from 1356-185 in 13 months and im 19 you little bitches, you have even hit puberty. Creatine needs a sugar to transport the creatine to the muscle, and if your taking whey with it, thats not sugar, learn some facts and read.
    Hence you're suppose to ALSO take high GI carbs along with whey. You need calm down, roid rage is t3h ghey.
    "If you immediately know the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago"

Originally Posted by concept View Post
    Hence you're suppose to ALSO take high GI carbs along with whey. You need calm down, roid rage is t3h ghey.
    no, you only need to after a workout. and you said i didnt get gains now im on roids? pretty smart boy, t3h ghey? Get cancer you little ***