smoothdster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I've always been on my own.

I'm not going to make this long...because chances are fewer people will read it if it's writen like a novel...so I'm going to make a long story short.

I'm by no means little...and I'm by no means weak. I've always had a 'big' psychique....but I've always maintained it through plyometrics and home gym systems. Tonight, I'm gonna go buy me a membership at the local gym (huge fitness center)...but I know I'll look like a complete idiot because I probably do very different/wrong exercise from what everyone else does...No one ever 'taught' me how to 'work out'...I just started lifting weights.

Pointers?

Goals of a Triangle Average Joe's Avatar
    Average Joe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the muscleheads and all the everyday guys always can pick out the newbs so it is pretty much worthless to try and hide it
    one of the biggest things that laugh at you for in my gym is if u have ur plates on the barbells with the labels facing out, kinda stupid but it is just like a gym protocol, never show ur weight, most gym-goers hate the guys with egos
    "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power."
    yes i know its cliche
    Treating my body as a temple, always improving upon its foundation

smoothdster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I know those sorts of things...I've been with friends a few times, but I've never been on a full routine....Thanks though

HERE COMES SQUAT BUM :D 63beast's Avatar
    63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10) 63beast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym is fairly relaxed . Guys at my gym just concentrate on their own stuff and dont bother anyone .

Thats fine with me
    │WHEY │MULTIVITAMIN │CREATINE │ GLUTAMINE │

AS OF JANUARY 2007 .
    FULLY STACKED AND RARING TO GO

- - - - -

NEW GYM ... SWEET ASS !

- - - - -

WHO DARES WINS

Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you really care about what they'll think ask a friend who lifts rite. or just do your own thing

Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shortyflex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have what you want to do in mind, before you go in. Lookup the exercises in this list:

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exername.php

Watch the videos, practice and learn the form first. Good luck.
    I'm out to prove that vegetarians can be body builders too.
    I'm also a loser and would appreciate positive reputation for being so nice and stuff.

altkeys101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shortyflex View Post
    Have what you want to do in mind, before you go in. Lookup the exercises in this list:

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exername.php

Watch the videos, practice and learn the form first. Good luck.
    Stole the words right out of my mouth. Know which exercises you think you want to do but don't how to do, and then look them up at that link. Even if you don't do it completelty right, the people who may make fun of you are not lift your weights. You are... So don't give a rat's ass about what someone else thinks. As long as you aren't trying to be all macho by lifting totally wrong, just ask for help, or consult that link.

Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tonking has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you can also practice w/o any weight. just go through the motion after watching the vids.

specialk01510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone was a beginner at some point in time. Just go and get it over with. Then remember it when the next noob comes in and you see him struggling or confused. Dont give him ****, give him a hand. Be the better/bigger person.

amen

ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is what I think: If you're worried about what other people think about you in the gym, then u don't deserve to be in a gym

DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DM Angara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ak360 View Post
    This is what I think: If you're worried about what other people think about you in the gym, then u don't deserve to be in a gym
    That doesn't make sense.

If they went to a gym, wouldn't they be caring about how others perceive them? That's why they're going to the gym if the first place.
    DSFARGEG

ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ak360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DM Angara View Post
    That doesn't make sense.

If they went to a gym, wouldn't they be caring about how others perceive them? That's why they're going to the gym if the first place.
    im saying AT THE GYM example: If you think "oh i cant lift a lot on the bench press thats y im not gonna lift because others will think im really weak"

KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im saying AT THE GYM example: If you think "oh i cant lift a lot on the bench press thats y im not gonna lift because others will think im really weak"
    ok

dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dewd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    theres usually noone at my gym when im there or theres one or two juice monkeys going at it hard, they are nice but i try and stay away haha.

350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500) 350gt is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by specialk01510 View Post
    Everyone was a beginner at some point in time. Just go and get it over with. Then remember it when the next noob comes in and you see him struggling or confused. Dont give him ****, give him a hand. Be the better/bigger person.
    +1

blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100) blah12345 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    the muscleheads and all the everyday guys always can pick out the newbs so it is pretty much worthless to try and hide it
    one of the biggest things that laugh at you for in my gym is if u have ur plates on the barbells with the labels facing out, kinda stupid but it is just like a gym protocol, never show ur weight, most gym-goers hate the guys with egos
    That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

uhh... my weights at my gym have labels on both sides

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by blah12345 View Post
    That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.
    yea it is stupid, but its also very true, i worked out with plenty of guys that are like "never put the label faceing out" and im just like "well however im holding the plate is how its going on, if the label is faceing in , then fine, if its faceing out then fine, i dont care either way, im not gonna put the wieghts on a certain way to try to fit myself in some "hardcore bber" catagory, i dont care about that ****

Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hoffman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just go to the link the people provided, and dont try to be superman and try weight you cant handle.

if you focus on your form instead of how the big guys think you look like a idiot then you will do fine we all had our first day in the gym

Fellow New Orleanian! neworleans's Avatar
    neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500) neworleans is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol my friend is like that but he has this weird mentality that if its facing inwards, he lifts more. i tell him its bs but he just says it works so i just leave him alone
    ATL Falcons
    Milwaukee Brewers
    LeGoat

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hendrix190 View Post
    yea it is stupid, but its also very true, i worked out with plenty of guys that are like "never put the label faceing out" and im just like "well however im holding the plate is how its going on, if the label is faceing in , then fine, if its faceing out then fine, i dont care either way, im not gonna put the wieghts on a certain way to try to fit myself in some "hardcore bber" catagory, i dont care about that ****
    that is pretty dum anyone whos been around an olympic set a couple times can just eye the weights and kno what they are

Originally Posted by hendrix190 View Post
    thats weird...cant u tell the difference between weights by their size? at my gym the 45lbs plates r the biggest, then as u go lower their size decreases too so it doesnt really matter which way they face....plus they got the weight printed on both sides

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why don't you play a sport. I've been noticing a disturbing trend of "shut in lifters" or guys who try and focus on bodybuilding 100% when they are 14-16. Well guess what, you can't! Whats the best way to get big and strong when your young? Play a sport. Just pick one and do it. Most sports require that you do some form of weight training and they are right to do so. If you don't like it, quit, but perhaps you may enjoy it and dedicate more time to it. I just don't see how some of you guys want to lift and get big and strong without ever having played a sport. Its beyond me....
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)

Lightbulb

Wow, strong stupidity. I wish I had started lifting at 12. I would be 3x stronger now.

hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hendrix190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats weird...cant u tell the difference between weights by their size? at my gym the 45lbs plates r the biggest, then as u go lower their size decreases too so it doesnt really matter which way they face....plus they got the weight printed on both sides

yea exactly, ... they dont acutally face the labels in so u cant see what they are lifting, cuz anyone that has been in the gym a few times can obviously tell what each weight is by the size of it but faceing the labels in , is more like a tradition then anything really

PrepLifter4141 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basically don't go into the gym clueless. Look up workouts online and make sure that you do them correctly. You might get laughed at by the big guys but sooner or later they'll respect you more.