LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question keto diet, metal taste in mouth?

I've been wondering, why do the posts regarding the keto diet say that you know its working by the metal taste in your mouth, and a strange smell in your urine? What causes this?

Thanks!

tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The presense of ketones is what causes these effects. Also, let it be known that having ketones present in the body is not a healthy thing.

-Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by tweeter37
    The presense of ketones is what causes these effects. Also, let it be known that having ketones present in the body is not a healthy thing.
    but it's still the whole idea with the keto-diet
    dedication is what the outside world calls obsession, to me it is an obsession - p0w3rlift3r

tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Right, I know that's the idea, just letting him know that having ketones in the body, over a period of time, can have bad effects, that's all.

LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LaidbackRG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies, I kinda thought if your body was reacting like that, it must not be too healthy....
    I really never knew how the body reacted to this diet.....

Isn't this the same as the Atkin's diet?
    I know a few girls from work that have lost ALOT of weight from that diet, (no carbs) but I never heard them complain about the metal taste or unusual urine odor...

thanks!

P.S. Are ketones already in the body, or does a depletion of carbs produce them?