Thread: whey protein

lammo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whey protein

i've been lifting for a a good 6 months now and have been researchin all sorts off supps, was wondering if there are any downsides to using whey protein?

TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definately not. Go buy some asap.
    Starting the cut.

TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definately not other than the odd protein fart, its a must to have. Go buy some asap.
    Starting the cut.

Top_Moose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, the fart tinks, but the protein is a must yo. Espec. if you want to gain musc.
    Don't act like you're not impressed.

Cause i'm a force to be reckened with!

thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy

i don't get it, why does the whey cause protein farts

with out adequate amount of protein when you lift, you body will break down the other muscle to heal the torn muscle. its catabolism in yor body. you really won't gain that much muscle.

the whey is protein and its the way the body adjust to the protein!

KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KCChiefs9690 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by thai foon View Post
    i don't get it, why does the whey cause protein farts
    Ummm maybe because whey IS protein, which is why they cause protein farts. Just a thought...................

thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50) thai foon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KCChiefs9690 View Post
    Ummm maybe because whey IS protein, which is why they cause protein farts. Just a thought...................
    I meant why do they cause you to fart more than normal, not if whey was protein

quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) quickgain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by lammo View Post
    was wondering if there are any downsides to using whey protein?
    If gaining muslce, weight, and a faster recovery are bad things then hell no stay away.

altkeys101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only downside to whey protein, or any dietary supplement, which whey protein is, is using too much of it, or subsituting it for every one of your meals, that is a big no no. You should probably only use it 1-2, or maybe 2 to 3, no more than 3. It should be used for your post workout, and sometimes people us it for the pre workout. Some people drink the protein before they go to bed, when they wake up, they drink it when they eat breakfast. There is really no downsides, but like any dietary supplement, if you use it wrong, something will go wrong.

EDIT: When I re read my post I asked myself what could go wrong. I know the answer. But I decided to copy it from a website which I will post the link.

When people start consuming too much protein (over 2.0 g/kg/d), the extra protein can become a stressful stimulus for the kidney.

Very high levels of dietary protein have also been correlated with increased urinary calcium excretion. The loss of calcium through urine could potentially be harmful for bone turnover, with the added risk of osteoporosis. Finally, protein requires vitamin B6 in order to be metabolized and ultimately utilized in the body. Very high levels of dietary protein increase the requirement for this B vitamin.

(IN OTHER WORDS, TOO MUCH PROTEIN CAN CAUSE REDUCED KIDNEY FUNCTION)

http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.co...ion/protein_2/

Now, don't get too scared by what some people will call the above, bullshi*... A gram of protein for each pound you weight is about enough to use per day.
    Last edited by altkeys101; 12-05-2006 at 12:55 PM.