Trying to pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My chest workout good?

I work out my chest once a week and i do the following?

Flat Bench press:

2 warm up sets
    1x4
    1x6
    1x8
    1x10

Dumbell Flies:

1x10
    1x10

I was wondering if this is enough, should i do other exercises? eg incline, decline or are these execises better for variation.

thanks

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might want to think about adding in some incline dumbell presses and dips (chest). Those are great mass builders. YOu have enough room for some more exercises.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

I work out at home, so i haven't got the facilities to do dips, but i think i will start incorporating Incline dumbell presses into my workout.

Thanks

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Trying to pump
    I work out at home, so i haven't got the facilities to do dips, but i think i will start incorporating Incline dumbell presses into my workout.

Thanks
    Try doing some decline presses if your bench declines.

My bench does decline, but the problem is i probably be knackered after doing flat bench press, so i would prefer incline dumbell press.

Originally posted by Trying to pump
    My bench does decline, but the problem is i probably be knackered after doing flat bench press, so i would prefer incline dumbell press.
    Oh okay. You should alwyas keep in some sort of incline chest exercise as most peoples lower chest is bigger then their upper. I was just saying after your chest workout if you want to, you could do a set or two of decline dumbell presses.

Thanks, im still an amateur and learning. I think ill stick with incline for the reason you gave. Ive been benchin for 3 months and my lower chest does seem to be quite bigger than my upper.

Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike_Canuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Dips at home

"I work out at home, so i haven't got the facilities to do dips, but i....."

I workout at home also, here is what I do (the poor man's answer to dip bars): -you have a bench and flat bar, right? ...there is one dip bar. If you have a doorway that you don't mind fastening a chinup bar to, there is your other dip bar. I measured off the height of flatbar while resting in the supports, and fastened the chinup bar (removable) to the doorway at the same height as the flatbar. pull up your bench with the bar so it's shoulder distance away from your chinup bar, tuck and cross your legs, then dip away!

Hope this helps, it works for me and takes up zero extra space!

PS- I guess this will only work if you have a basic bench. ie: no cable rack attached...just a plain jane bench

yeh thanks mike, i have a basic bench, with which i could probably do that, but it will put a lot of weight on one side of the bench, so i will have to level it of on the other side.
    Also i cant really use a chin up bar in my weights room(in a shed), because it aint been built to well (might come crashing down)