manns50 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about resting days.

Not sure where to post but I sometimes do not eat like I should or near enough on the weekends/resting days.With occasional drinking on the weekends.Anyone know how much of a negative affect it can have in making progress for gaining size? I sometimes feel guilty and hate it to go 2 to 3 days without hitting the gym.Just curious how long of a rest it takes before a person starts losing mass.I usually hit the gym 4 times a week but don't get bogged down.In and out in 45 min to an hour.Any thoughts ?

shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50) shaolin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by manns50 View Post
    Not sure where to post but I sometimes do not eat like I should or near enough on the weekends/resting days.With occasional drinking on the weekends.Anyone know how much of a negative affect it can have in making progress for gaining size? I sometimes feel guilty and hate it to go 2 to 3 days without hitting the gym.Just curious how long of a rest it takes before a person starts losing mass.I usually hit the gym 4 times a week but don't get bogged down.In and out in 45 min to an hour.Any thoughts ?
    so you eat like crap during the time that your body is building muscle and needing all the calories it can get. that doesnt sound like a smart move to me. then you compound this with drinking which also hinders gains a little. you won't start losing a noticeable amount of mass over 2-3 days so don't worry about that too much. if you're not bogged down after 45 min then your workout is not hard enough. after 50 min of mine i'm ready to crawl in the house and make a shake. do all you can to keep your caloric intake as clean and high as possible on non workout days to give your body the fuel its looking for to build muscle.
    bulking or cutting is a result of diet, not the drugs - ratmonkey

"You should be getting serious for a few years before "getting serious." - TheJuicedchase

Weeks 1-10 - 500 extra calories per day.
    That should put on a solid 10 pounds. - TheJuicedChase

Thanks for the response.I don't drink that much,just on Friday Saturday night if that.I cut way back and don't drink but on the weekends when going out.Seems like the most difficult thing is to keep eating,as much as I should.I don't really keep of a record or anything of my intake,but try too eat somewhat decent food.As far as the gym,I do work hard and am sore when I'm through,I just meant I don't fart around like some others I've seen.Relatively new to really trying gaining mass and appreciate any input.I'm am noticing gains as well as other people mentioning it to me as well so it's looking up,just trying to learn as much as possible and avoid the B.S. as mush as possible.There is lots of it to go around seems like.

MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It really comes down to a question of what your goals are. If you're just trying to get into decent shape and build some muscle mass then what you're doing isn't a big deal, although cruddy eating and drinking on weekends will definitely slow down your progress.
    If you're trying to get into great shape and reach your body's full potential then yes, cruddy eating 2 days/week and alcohol destroys any chances.
    I used to be in a similar situation, I would train my ass off 5 days/week and eat a solid 4200 cal./day diet. Then on weekends I would down atleast a case of beer and eat less than 2000 cals./day thanks to hangovers. Finally I made the decision to stop screwing around and stick to my diet 7 days/week and not touch alcohol anymore.
    Just decide what your goals are and go for it, best of luck...

Thanks Matt.At this time my goal is to just gain alot of mass and get stronger and look great,not really shredded at this time.I have been hearing of people trying to stay so lean while trying to gain mass and bulk.It may be very possible,I am by no means an expert in any sense about the subject but seems like it would be easier and sensible to cut and get lean after gaining the mass you want.I am really open to as much info as possible from people been there done that,so to speak.I find the most difficult thing even through the week is how to eat as much as I should or hear people eating.Is weight gainers the key,or how is it done especially trying to eat clean and calories and protien up?

MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished putting together a diet plan for a buddy of mine about two minutes ago. It's a couple pages of basic info. and then a detailed description of what a daily meal plan should look like. If you want a copy let me know...

Ya that would be great. gmann@netwitz.net
    I may be eating enough just never really tallied up exactly,but doesn't seem like it would be what i've heard you should eat while trying to gain mass.I know I should keep track of my intake,it's just getting around to it with a busy schedule.(just an excuse I know).Checked out the pics you posted,impressive.