lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100)

Help on bench press hand position?

If I am trying to take stress off of my shoulders/delts when bench pressing and hitting the pecs more...should I grip the bar wider than shoulder width or closer together?

thanks for any help!

Brookenator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get a better chest pump when I grip out farther. When I get in to far I only feel it in tris not my chest.I put my index finger on the knurling mark (rough spot).
    Don't player hate- appreciate

JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JakeSTSM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dumbell bench is considerably easier on the shoulders.
    "The strong rule where they can and the weak suffer what they must."

"If money is your only hope for independence you will never have it.
    The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve
    of knowledge, experience and ability."
    - Henry Ford

lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100) lvtrojan is not very well liked. (-100)

Question thanks for the replies

why are dumbell presses easier on the shoulder than with the bench press bar?

labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10) labouche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cuz your arms are locked into an unnatural plane when lowering the bar that your hands are fixed to. the mechanics of the bench press place limits on the pathway used.
    with db's your hands arent fixed and the path will be a natural one for your body.
    that being said- the bench is best for strength and mass because of those very attributes.
    "...but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

gopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To target the pecs when doing bench press

Take a grip that puts your thumbs just outside your shoulders when you bring the bar to your chest. Wider hits the delts more. Closer hits the tris more. Also keep your elbows angled in closer to your body rather than flared out to the sides. Keeping your upper arms perpendicular to your body places more stress on your delts. I also agree that DBs may be your best bet to keep stress off of the delts.