jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonwilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

christian bale the machinist

i just finally saw this movie a couple of hours ago and i couldnt believe my eyes. he looked like a walking skeleton. supposedly his diet to get like that for the movie was eating an apple and a can of tuna a day for months at a time. my question is he obviously slowed down his metabolism severely by doing this, but i thought when you starve yourself, your body holds onto every ounce of fat he has. is this wrong? also, heard that he exercise. did the exercise burn a lot of muscle?

Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkwatcher758 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah he had no muscle what so ever in that movie, isnt it a trip?

http://www.yourfilmsucked.info/blog/...ale-756562.jpg

Have you seen requiem for a dream? Jared leto said he ate nothing but a grapefruit and a potato a day for 5 months strait to get his druggy figure

LeanDeaner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He's a great actor. In contrast to his role in the machinist, he got in incredible shape for his role in American Psycho as Patrick Bateman. Bale seems to have complete control over his body. Probably got a personal trainer for his American Psycho role though.

abnormally has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "But [Christian Bale] showed just how dedicated a thespian he is with The Machinist (2004), after having lost 63 pounds by eating only salads and apples, and drinking non-fat lattes. Apparently, Bale smoked like a chimney and would down whisky on the nights before shooting, in order to dehydrate his body and look extra emaciated."

"In 1999 the averagely built Bale spent months in training to yield a perfectly sculpted muscular body for the acclaimed and controversial adaptation of "American Psycho." Those muscles stayed in place for a few years until last year's "The Machinist" when the actor lost over 60 pounds to star as a skeletally thin 120 pound insomniac mechanic in "The Machinist". It was after that wrapped that he was announced as the new "Batman" and in the space of five months, stacked on almost 100 pounds (much of that muscle) to play the latest, darkest and most accurate adaptation yet of the Caped Crusader."

If I gained 100 pounds in five months most of it would be poptarts I think. I am amazed by someone who really has so much self discipline and control over his physique.
    Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. - Hippocrates

To the scientist there is nothing so tragic on earth as the sight of a fat man eating a potato. - Vance Thompson

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some of it's self-discipline, some of it's money and some of it's chemicals. It's best not to judge yourself against celebrities.

justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no matter how much money you have and how many trainers/nutritionists you have, you still need self discipline just as much as anyone else. we have a **** load of information to us too and that's all that a trainer/nutritionist is for, isn't it? a personal chef would help a bit, but come on, dude still has a world of junk food available to him and still has to work out with a schedule more hectic than mine
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5975691 <my new superfly wellness journal

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

One recognizes one's course by discovering the paths that stray from it.

Albert Camus

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by justagirl View Post
    no matter how much money you have and how many trainers/nutritionists you have, you still need self discipline just as much as anyone else. we have a **** load of information to us too and that's all that a trainer/nutritionist is for, isn't it? a personal chef would help a bit, but come on, dude still has a world of junk food available to him and still has to work out with a schedule more hectic than mine
    Screw self discipline. When I make it big, I am going to hire someone to follow me around all day and slap the cookies/cupcakes out of my hands.

monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) monkeydan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jonwilson View Post
    my question is he obviously slowed down his metabolism severely by doing this, but i thought when you starve yourself, your body holds onto every ounce of fat he has. is this wrong?
    Yes, that's wrong. The body will never burn muscle at the expense of fat - in other words it wouldn't burn 100% muscle and retain fat. All the studies done on VLCDs (very low calorie diets) show that weight loss on minimal calories is predominantly fat with some muscle loss (up to 33% on some studies I've seen) but this is with no weight training and inadequate protein.

There is actually little evidence to suggest that such a thing as 'starvation mode' exists - the metabolism will always slow down when you reduce calories but it will never be able to slow down enough to completely stop weight loss. If that was the case then anorexics and starvation victims would be fat and have problems losing weight, which is quite obviously stupid.
    Awesome. Awesome to the max.

oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oki9Sedo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes but Christian Bale ate very little protein during his diet (not so much a diet as physical terrorism). He lost a lot of muscle. He said he couldn't do one push up at the time. And he was only 120lbs. That means he probably couldn't bench 80lbs.

anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anth28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I looked like that once...not fun.