JohnGafnea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6-9 sets of 4-6 reps = more efficient than 3-4 x 10-15?

I read an article stating this (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/james1.htm) and decided to try it. I didn't feel much of anything on the 6th repitition. After deciding to continue into 10 and 12 reps though I could obviously feel a much greater burn.

Is this infact because: "any higher rep range is going to draw excess lactate into the muscle, thus fatiguing the muscle." ? If so I just found it really peculiar that almost all bodybuilders train each muscle group more than once a week and surely do more than 4-6 reps per set.

Anyways tell me what you think.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The burn does usually come from higher reps with lactic acid build up. That doesn't you won't build muscle from it though, you need to work with a variety of rep ranges.

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One way to cover your bases on rep ranges is to pyramid your weights up. This way you can do high and low reps in the same workout.

Using bench press as an example..

Set 1 60kgs 12 reps (warmup)
    Set 2 100kgs 10 reps
    Set 3 120kgs 8 reps
    Set 4 140kgs 6 reps

Every 2nd or 3rd workout I will add a 5th set of 150kg for 3 reps.

I personally pyramid in all my routines as I find it very productive and also a safe way to build up to your heaviest sets.

This could be something to incorporate into your routine.

Cheers.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    don't get obsessed with the PUMP.

if you hit a muscle twice a week
    do low reps 5-8 on workout, next workout do high 10-15reps.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Neither the presence (or absence) "pump" or "burn" are indicators of a good workout. All they mean is that you got a "pump" or "burn", and that's it.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

2pac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No there's no real difference. don't listen to the rest of them it will all workout the same.

From what i've seen and what i've been told there's no diff what so ever. i've seen a 190lbs guy who was huge and fast as hell and does anywhere from 10-20 reps. he benches somewhere in between 280-380lbs i can't remember but he can go up whenever he pleases:P he used to have like 20inch arms and everything.