Thread: Clean and Press

Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Slivovica has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clean and Press

Just wondering where you would chuck this on a workout especially if im doing a lower/upper body routine any advice is appreciated.

Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anotherfling will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Power Cleans can be hard to assign to a day, since they use pushing and pulling, upper and lower body muscles. For me, the hardest part of the lift is the press portion, since of course I can deadlift and clean a heck of a lot more than i can overhead press. Because of this, I would relplace a shoulder exercise on upper or push day, depending on the split. Lately I have just been working for PR's in the 3-5 rep range, so I have been doing a push workout on monday with the main exercise being squats, pull day with deads on wednesday, and a more explosive style workout with clean and press on friday.

Soap box squatting. Andrew.Cook's Avatar
    Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't over analyze the day placement too much. Whatever you do, I would place it early in the routine. I usually do them as my second exercise.

As previously stated, these kinds of full body movements somewhat defy definition as a lower or upper, a push or a pull. Deadlifts are the same.

USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    when i did them i would do them on my second lower body day since when i clean it up i drop down into almost a front squat. thats me just make sure there first if not second in ur workout since i consider them a power movement i would want to do them first.