Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Review of PowerBlock Elite/Pro dumbbell stand.

Here is my review of the PowerBlock Elite/Pro dumbbell stand.

I am sure that most of us has at sometime in our life had someone tell us “Where You Can Put It!”
    I know I have. So now it is finally my turn …OK…..
    Now listen up all you PowerBlock owners and would be PowerBlock owners.
    WHERE CAN YOU PUT THEM!
    WELL… ON A MATCHING POWERBLOCK STAND…. OF COURSE! Ha Ha!

Gosh now I feel better…. Now on with the review…

I purchased a PowerBlock Elite/Pro dumbbell stand to go with my PowerBlock 130 Pro dumbbells. (There is a separate review about the PowerBlock dumbbells.) First I should say that the PowerBlock dumbbell stand is not an absolutely necessity. However I would not like to have my PowerBlocks without the very and I do mean very useful stand!

Still don’t want a stand…… Goodness gracious Goober…. you have already blown a down payment on a Buick …cough up another….$119 bucks.

I ordered my stand direct from the company. I chose the white stand. The stand comes in two colors, white/black for $119 and Gray/Black for $129. The shipping is the same for both at $21. The PowerBlock folks threw in the shipping price with the purchase of the stand and the 130 Pro PowerBlocks for me.

I do not know if you can get the same deal as I did due to the fact that the guys I ordered from are now partying like the Kennedys in the Bahamas with all the big bucks I spent!

I received the stand with my PowerBlocks in about 2 weeks in good shape.
    (Received In “Good Shape”…you’re slipping UPS… what?… no hammers or crowbars available???)
    The box was stapled together. So I used pliers to pull out the staples to save the box intact if need to return the stand for some reason.

The stand comes well packed and disassembled. It comes with the following main parts: Elite Pro Top, Base, Column and Column back plate. It also comes with the following finishing parts.
    (Sing the following…)
    “Included in the package that PowerBlocks sent to me……..
    Was two large black adhesive backed tray mats, …two small black adhesive backed tray mats, …one adder weight black adhesive tray mat, …(catch your breath here)…. four round black plastic adder weight inserts, …four small black adhesive backed bumpers, two decals, a nut and bolt back with wrench …(breath)…And a partridge in a pear tree.”
    (If you thought singing that was tedious try typing it!)

It also comes with a great set of instructions to help you put it together. The drawings are very helpful and it also has written directions as well. If even has measurements to help you get all the mats and decals in the correct place. ( Body-Solid, Please hire the person who made these instructions.)

I cannot tell you how to put the stand together any better than the instructions so I will not try.
    If I could add anything it would be this: Please recheck all the nuts and bolts to insure they are tight before you use the stand. Remember the stand will be supporting considerable weight.

After my completion of my stand I would have to say that its fit and finish was very good. The stand seemed very sturdy. After loading the stand with the 130 lb. set of Pro dumbbells the stand did not shake or wobble. This is a good sign of quality for when you add up the weight the stand was supporting 260 lbs.

Now if you don’t think 260 pounds of weight is heavy then place that much weight on your shoulders day in and day out and then get back to me. Well Atlas?

I have found that using the stand places the PowerBlock dumbbells at a very user-friendly height. This makes for fast weight changes for the PowerBlock dumbbells. It also makes storing your dumbbells and adder weights a breeze. Lastly it makes for a tidy workout area. No more weights lying all over the floor for you to trip over. (If you step on a loose adder weight your derriere will most definitely kiss Terra Firma!)

Finally… Do I like the PowerBlock Elite/Pro dumbbell stand…?
    YES! I give it big thumbs UP!
    I think you will too.

Lift safe and Stay healthy,
    Laterrrr…
    Brother Steel

BTW…
    I am in no way affiliated with the PowerBlock Company in anyway.

Hell, If I were I would be with the rest of the gang Partying my arse off in the Caribbean. With one of them little umbrella mixed drinks in my hand and eyeing one of those cute little thong clad women they have down there and waiting for the sun to go down. (I hope my wife does not read this part…OH NO!)

And lastly…
    If you get yourself hurt or killed using the stand don’t sue me.
    I spent all my money buying a set of PowerBlocks and a stand.
    My review is for Entertainment purposes only!
    (Now I have the C.Y.A part covered!)

mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found the silver stand to be nicer looking then the weight (store I bought mine @ had the white on display, but I went for the silver).

If you can find a local dealer, they will do much better on price.
    I am fortunate where I had at least 3 dealers within 15mn of me that carried them and countless more spread through out the state I live in.

I was able to pick up the Stand and the 90lb ea. set for $625 w/ tax included.

AS much of a hassle as it was to put the stand together, the Ironmaster is way more of a pain.

Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mboy View Post
    I found the silver stand to be nicer looking then the weight (store I bought mine @ had the white on display, but I went for the silver).

If you can find a local dealer, they will do much better on price.
    I am fortunate where I had at least 3 dealers within 15mn of me that carried them and countless more spread through out the state I live in.

I was able to pick up the Stand and the 90lb ea. set for $625 w/ tax included.

AS much of a hassle as it was to put the stand together, the Ironmaster is way more of a pain.

mboy,

I think it's great that you were able to get a good deal on your stand and dumbbells.

I live out in the sticks and there's not a dealer with in 100 miles from where I live. I chose the white color not for the price but because it matches the white color of my Body Solid equipment. I have a very well equipped home gym due to the fact that live in a rural area.

You said, "AS much of a hassle as it was to put the stand together, the Ironmaster is way more of a pain."

Do you have both the PowerBlocks and the Ironmasters?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Brother Steel

mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the Powerblock Elite 90lb (each) set for about 5 months and sold it last week.

I now have the iron master setup.

Powerblocks did not work as well for me as I need more of a traditional dumbbell handle to do rehab work for some forearrm, elbow issues.

I was also not able to use powerhooks with the Powerblocks either.

Altho I have not mastered the art of the ultra quick 1/4 turn on the ironmasters yet, the feel is way more natural then the powerblocks. Contrary to what BDI6942 hypes and tells everyone on here, powerblocks are certainly not better then everything else under the sun for everyone.

The powerblocks area bit more polished tho, but the IRONMASTERS have a FAR better feel to me and way sturdier.

BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I had the Powerblock Elite 90lb (each) set for about 5 months and sold it last week.

I now have the iron master setup.

Powerblocks did not work as well for me as I need more of a traditional dumbbell handle to do rehab work for some forearrm, elbow issues.

I was also not able to use powerhooks with the Powerblocks either.

Altho I have not mastered the art of the ultra quick 1/4 turn on the ironmasters yet, the feel is way more natural then the powerblocks. Contrary to what BDI6942 hypes and tells everyone on here, powerblocks are certainly not better then everything else under the sun for everyone.

The powerblocks area bit more polished tho, but the IRONMASTERS have a FAR better feel to me and way sturdier.
    Hate to say it, but if your rehabbing forearms, barbells are a better bet anyway. Dumbells are actually IMO useless for forarm work. A large 7 ft. barbell does more for forarms than any dumbell ever will due to the weight being shifted far to the outside which in turn works your forarms much harder and increases grip strength dramatically.

As for me hyping powerblocks, lets face it, Ironmasters will eventually become a big PIA for you as you constantly lock/unlock, load/unload plates for 4 sides. Its the biggest detractor of them. You may not admit it here, but eventually you will be grumbling that to yourself. Alot of people do.

Thats why Im not a fan of them. In fact there already is a much better alternative to Ironmasters for people. Wanna know what it is? I actually have a set(but rarely use em anymore)I've had for awhile.

Its called a set of olympic "barbell" shorthandle bars, I posted a pic of them below. I'm sure you know what Im talking about. They are the cheapest alternative of them all. They are actually better than ironmasters, and they only cost $50 a pair. $90 for a pair with CAP olympic bar quick locks. I can load 2-350lbs on em, and I can change em just as quick(or actually as slow as)as the ironmasters. And you can use your current olympic plates that you have.

Want the ultimate dumbell setup? Powerblocks and olympic shorthandle combination rules. Best of both worlds. Should have kept your powerblocks and picked up a set of shorthandles to compliment them.
    Attached Images

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    Here is my review of the PowerBlock Elite/Pro dumbbell stand.
    *snip*
    nice....reps for a thorough review

O.o

seriously? You had an issue putting the IronMaster stand together?

O.o (x2)

Powerblocks did not work as well for me

yup. I agree on all points, although the 1/2 turn isn't too tough. I rest 2 minutes between sets, and I get them changed out with enough time to spare, although bumping up past 125 to the 165 DOES take an extra minute because the handles are long and fully threaded, rather than half threaded.

Originally Posted by BDI6942 View Post
    Dumbells are actually IMO useless for forarm work.
    DBs are incredibly useful for grip. I'm getting the feeling, with your low post count, and the seemingly excessive hype you are placing on the PowerBlocks, that you work for the company.

Originally Posted by BDI6942
    As for me hyping powerblocks, lets face it, Ironmasters will eventually become a big PIA for you as you constantly lock/unlock, load/unload plates for 4 sides.
    really? When? I've been using them for several months now, and I love them.

You may not admit it here, but eventually you will be grumbling that to yourself. Alot of people do.
    who? On forums? mind pointing me in their direction, because I think you're making this "alot of people do" up.

there already is a much better alternative to Ironmasters for people. Wanna know what it is? I actually have a set(but rarely use em anymore)I've had for awhile.... Its called a set of olympic "barbell" shorthandle bars,
    so why bother with PowerBlocks OR Ironmasters, if the olympic shorthandle bars are the better alternative?

Hate to say it, but if your rehabbing forearms, barbells are a better bet anyway. Dumbells are actually IMO useless for forarm work. A large 7 ft. barbell does more for forarms than any dumbell ever will due to the weight being shifted far to the outside which in turn works your forarms much harder and increases grip strength dramatically.
    I am guess I am happy I don't pay you for your crappy advice.

Originally Posted by kethnaab View Post
    O.o

seriously? You had an issue putting the IronMaster stand together?

O.o (x2)
    Not major issue, but the bolts are rather small and some of the places were not easily accessible when hand tightening them.

danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danny_1970 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stand wasn't easy for me. took forever.

but i think even though the directions didn't say so, the one shelf is bigger then the other.

And i got the bigger one i feel in the middle instead of the bottom. thus was tuff getting it together.

But is very solid. Not sure will switch them or not.

I now feel the one with the split rubber goes bottom. And the sold rubber goes middle. But when i seen that divider thing in the middle I thought the split one (rubber split) must go with it, so stuck it in middle instead of bottom.

They did a great job packing everything. I would rip open a box just to find another box in that box. And had them tapped so i had to cut and carve my way into the stuff. Half the reason took me all them hours to deal with the 14 boxes. But all stuff came with little damage as a result.

--danny

BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BDI6942 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

so why bother with PowerBlocks OR Ironmasters, if the olympic shorthandle bars are the better alternative?
    Shorbars are a BETTER alternative to ironmasters IMO. I use mine sparingly though only for a few specific excercises. I use my powerblocks the majority of the time.

Like I stated, powerblocks with shortbars give me the best combo.
    Last edited by BDI6942; 12-01-2006 at 07:56 PM.

I am guess I am happy I don't pay you for your crappy advice.
    mboy: You really dont have much intelligence when it comes to lifting I see. Why dont you tell me why you think I gave crappy advice. You know why barbells are better for wrists over dumbells? Why don't you try and figure out why I stated what I did, then tell me why you disagree with some intelligent response. I bet that won't happen on your end...........but if you do, Ill state in detail why barbells are king for forarm rehab and general strength workouts.

mboy: You really dont have much intelligence when it comes to lifting I see. Why dont you tell me why you think I gave crappy advice. You know why barbells are better for wrists over dumbells? Why don't you try and figure out why I stated what I did, then tell me why you disagree with some intelligent response. I bet that won't happen on your end...........but if you do, Ill state in detail why barbells are king for forarm rehab and general strength workouts.

Actually, you are not the one with much intelligence with your blanket statements.
    Ever try doing isolated wrist roll over with a 45lb straight bar?

Also brilliant idea to rehab with a 45lb bar. Notice the word REHAB?

I think everyone has already seen what you are about on here already.

Actually, you are not the one with much intelligence with your blanket statements.
    Ever try doing isolated wrist roll over with a 45lb straight bar?

Also brilliant idea to rehab with a 45lb bar. Notice the word REHAB?

I think everyone has already seen what you are about on here already.
    Another retarded response from you.

A. Not all olympic bars are 45lbs or even close to it. Weight can range from 20-55lbs.

B. If 10-25lbs per wrist/forarm is too heavy to REHAB on then guess what, your not going to be using dumbells most likely either fool. More like Pilates,electrostimulation,passive motion,passive resistance or other options.

We all see what your about, or better yet, what you know jack about........

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another retarded response from you.
    actually, he was dead on. He also caught you in your own BS. Read on.

A. Not all olympic bars are 45lbs or even close to it. Weight can range from 20-55lbs.
    no kidding, yet you didn't state that. You stated:

if your (sic) rehabbing forearms, barbells are a better bet anyway. Dumbells are actually IMO useless for forarm (sic) work. A large 7 ft. barbell does more for forarms (sic) than any dumbell ever will due (sic)

busted?

B. If 10-25lbs per wrist/forarm is too heavy to REHAB on then guess what, your not going to be using dumbells most likely either fool. More like Pilates,electrostimulation,passive motion,passive resistance or other options.
    We all see what your about, or better yet, what you know jack about........
    *laughs* Okay, in response....

after shoulder surgery, I rehabbed slowly during Physical Therapy starting off with *drumroll* DBs! I started with 10s, and performed various rotator cuff flyes as well as supine protraction and standing raises with "thumbs up" at 45 degree frontal angle, and I used DBs

So, in reality, what you stated was wrong, and since we already "see what 'your' about, we also now know what "you know jack about"

P.S. your doubts about the 165 lb DBs from IronMaster...look in the other thread. I posted a pic of the 170s, sitting next to a 25-lb plate and the extra set of long handles that go with the 170s. I also posted a video of me using the 125, 130 and 135-lb DBs for DB presses.

again!
    Attached Images

C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) C Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A recent poll concluded that BDI's 'rep power' is unlikely to exceed 1.

actually, he was dead on. He also caught you in your own BS. Read on.

no kidding, yet you didn't state that. You stated:

busted?

*laughs* Okay, in response....

after shoulder surgery, I rehabbed slowly during Physical Therapy starting off with *drumroll* DBs! I started with 10s, and performed various rotator cuff flyes as well as supine protraction and standing raises with "thumbs up" at 45 degree frontal angle, and I used DBs

So, in reality, what you stated was wrong, and since we already "see what 'your' about, we also now know what "you know jack about"
    Busted? Hardly, what I stated wrong? No way fool, whether you use dumbells for rehab or not says nothing. Barbells are still better for forearms rehab or not. If you can't workout with a traditional 45lb barbell, thats why I added not all barbells are 45lbs. And if you couldnt deduce the obvious thats your idiocracy not mine. Most people could. My whole point was that a LONG bar does more for stimulating and recruiting muscle fibres in forarms than a dumbell fool due to the fact that your balancing and keeping the bar level while curling.

Busted? Hardly, what I stated wrong? No way fool, whether you use dumbells for rehab or not says nothing. Barbells are still better for forearms rehab or not. If you can't workout with a traditional 45lb barbell, thats why I added not all barbells are 45lbs. And if you couldnt deduce the obvious thats your idiocracy not mine. Most people could. My whole point was that a LONG bar does more for stimulating and recruiting muscle fibres in forarms than a dumbell fool due to the fact that your balancing and keeping the bar level while curling.
    But using a dumbbell while isolating my wrist doesn't require any balancing?

I think it is already obvious to everyone by now who the fool really is.
    The more you post, the more idiotic you look.

Busted? Hardly, what I stated wrong? No way fool, whether you use dumbells for rehab or not says nothing.
    go back and look at what I boldfaced and underlined, "fool". You stated a "large 7 foot bar" which obviously doesn't go with rehab..."fool"

I think it is already obvious to everyone by now who the fool really is.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    QFT

Originally Posted by mboy
    The more you post, the more idiotic you look.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    QFT
    Last edited by kethnaab; 12-02-2006 at 09:09 AM.

mikeh975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info, I just got myself a stand. Found a pretty good deal going on powerblock weights and stands at workouthealthy.com.