Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JL2K7388 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

JL2K's getting PERFECTcarb log

ZIMA's
    Perfect Carb

Supplement for the track star

The Basics: Very Low Glycemic Index, Does not promote tooth decay, 50% as sweet as table sugar, Promotes muscle growth, 100% safe, no GI distress, heat stable (for baking), and promotes a healthy, strong body.

Palatinose has been described by some as an anabolic carbohydrate because of its beneficial effect on the human body. Due to the special way in which it is metabolized, it has a profound effect on various hormones throughout the body. Consequently, palatinose promotes the growth and vitality of proteinaceous tissues such as the brain, liver and muscle. It is for this reason that PerfectCarb™ is becoming very popular with the fitness community.

When I saw the product it immediately caught my eye because I am a sprinter and carb intake is a very important part of my diet especially while being at college and the availability of certain foods are limited. I try to get a good amount of carbs gradually during the day at breakfast, lunch and some snacks and also a good amount of carbs about an hour before my workout. Perfect Carb will serve as a great source of preworkout carbs/energy.

My intension for using the product will be about 10 servings (40 grams) 1 hour prior to my workout which begins about 5 pm each day. My workouts are very rigorous and large amounts of energy which will last for the entirity of the two hours i do practice is crucial.

In addition to my running training as a team we lift mondays and wednesdays at 6am UGHH. Eh its tough but worth it later in the day when you're all woken up. Also I go to the gym on campus an additional 3 days a week to train on my own.

My ideal diet each day consists of 50% carbs a good amount of protein and minimal fats. I will post my diet each day if there are any requests as I will post my workout each day.

Supplements I currently take in addition to Perfect Carb:
    AST Multi
    ON Whey
    Dextrose
    Beta-alanine
    Carnitine
    Citrulline Malate
    Creatine (mono post and sizeON during on lifting days)
    Last edited by JL2K7388; 11-28-2006 at 06:00 PM.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Bench: 235lbs
    Squat: 305 lbs (new high!)
    Clean: 190bs (new high!)

Goals: Large increases in clean and squat. Weighing 180 pounds before January with lower body fat.

DAY 1

Today I had one of the toughest workouts of the year thus far. After our normal 30 minute warmup that consists of two lap jog, warm up drills, and partner stretches the workout consisted of:

2x500m @ 76 seconds with 3:00 minute rest
    3:00 minute rest
    5x300m @ 44 seconds with 2:30 minute rest
    10:00 minute rest
    10x100m @12 seconds with 100m walk as rest

followed by a cool down

I supplemented 40 grams of perfect carb 1 hour before my workout and also had my beta-alanine, citrulline malate and carnitine drink 30 minutes prior. After a rigorous 6am lifting session today which consisted of heavy squats and cleans I suprisingly made it through the workout without tremendous agony ha. My energy levels were up and I was able to hit nearly all my times.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Goals: Large increases in clean and squat. Weighing 180 pounds before January with lower body fat.

Initial mini review:

Taste: 8/10- tastes like a mild table sugar and was fine in water slightly grainy.

Mixablity: 4/10- it took a large amount of water to get perfect carb to dissolve and took some time to shake it in attempts to get it to dissolve fully.

Effect: My first experience went well as my energy levels were pretty high and i was able to go through the entire workout strong.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Glad it is working good for you. I am really intrested to see how it works with your training which is one of the reasons I picked you. Most people on these boards don't train like you do so it is a breath of fresh air to look at a supplement from your side of things.
    Board rep for Zima Nutrition
    customersupport@zimanutrition.com
    www.zimanutrition.com

Originally Posted by Zima Power View Post
    Glad it is working good for you. I am really intrested to see how it works with your training which is one of the reasons I picked you. Most people on these boards don't train like you do so it is a breath of fresh air to look at a supplement from your side of things.
    Thanks! I will be doing my best to keep up with it as best as I can so far things are going well its also a relief knowing that I dont have to stuff my face with food before practice in order to get that energy I'm looking for.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Day 2

Today was another tough day...It started off bright and early at 6 o'clock with my morning lifting session with the team. I did not consume perfect carb in the morning because I'm saving it for my more grueling running practices. If anyone is curious about my lifting today here it went:

AC shoulder joint medicine ball press:

10x15
    10x15

Bench Press:

10x120 close grip
    6x155 wide
    4x175 normal
    2x210 normal
    4x180 wide

Iron Pirate Shoulder Press:

8x110+manual resistance (3 sets)

Medine Ball Dumbell Bench:

8x60 (3 sets)

Then there was a core circuit.

Later in the day I had my running workout which was one of our pure speed days, requiring plenty of high intense energy. I took perfect carb one hour before as planned, supplementing 40 grams. I tried a different method because I was in a hurry and was full from drinking water. I put 5 scoops into a little medicine container and then took it directly in my mouth, had a sip of water. I did this twice and this method was much easier than drinking alot of water when you need a large amount of carbs.

My energy levels were pretty high throughout the entire workout but the workout certainly did challenge me. I didnt have much of a problem finishing it and felt pretty strong the whole way. The workout went as follows after our normal 30 minute warmup which I listed up top:

10x150m run at 17 seconds

5 minutes rest

1x100 meters all out race pace
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Day 3

Sorry for the late update not that many people are following ha thats cool though. But anyways today my diet went well and ate real clean foods and had my perfect carb one hour before my workout which wasn't too bad today. However it was a distance type run which would require plenty of long term energy in order to complete the workout. PC today delievered pretty well as my energy was high and I felt strong. My workout today went as follows:

5 minute jog
    20 seconds sprinting
    1:40 minute jog
    20 seconds sprinting
    1:40 minute jog

This was done a total of 12 times which would total 24 minutes and with the warmup and 6 minute jog cool down was a total of 35 minutes with no rest except for the jog.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zima Power has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds great bro. Glad you are liking the Perfect Carb. I am following this log so please keep me updated on everything.
    www.zimanutrition.com

noo problemo...I have a fairly easy workout and will update later on tonight after practice. I most likely will not update over the weekend since we always have saturday and sunday off. Later!
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Day 4/5

sorry for not updating friday but anyways on friday i had an easy distance run and took PC as planned and my run was very easy as it was only a half hour light jog, energy levels were up throughout the workout.

Anyways as for today I had my morning lifting and today was a tough leg day, if more people start following ill post that up if anyone is interested.

Later on we had a tough running workout. We have our first meet friday and this week we're doing some tough speed workouts to simulate our races. I felt real energized throughout the workout and energy was never a problem, the only issue was that damn lactic acid ha. Anyways the workout was as follows:

350 meters @ 37 second 300 split finishing in 44
    250 meters @ 24 second 200 split finishing in 31
    150 meters @ 12 second 100 split finishing in 17
    100 meters @ 11 seconds
    100 meters @ 11 seconds
    Last edited by JL2K7388; 12-05-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JL2K7388 View Post
    Initial mini review:

Taste: 8/10- tastes like a mild table sugar and was fine in water slightly grainy.

Mixablity: 4/10- it took a large amount of water to get perfect carb to dissolve and took some time to shake it in attempts to get it to dissolve fully.

Effect: My first experience went well as my energy levels were pretty high and i was able to go through the entire workout strong.
    Sounds good!

I can't understand the mixability one... b/c I haven't had any trouble mixing mine, but, regardless; Good log!

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Sounds good!

I can't understand the mixability one... b/c I haven't had any trouble mixing mine, but, regardless; Good log!
    Yea in hindsight I realized my rating for mixability was low due to the fact that I'm mixing 40 grams of sugar in 32 oz of water and it simply all won't go, so I just take the sugar pure in my mouth now and chase with a sip of water
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000) bigbridrol is just really nice. (+1000)
    nice log!

im running it as well, and it is going good

thanks BBD yours is looking good too!

Day 6

Anyways sorry for the late update again. The day was good took a nap and was well rested for my practice. Took PC 1 hour before my workout as planned and energy levels were great, ive been experiencing some shin pain as of late but was able to get through the workout with no problem today was simply

7 100m accelerations
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Hey guys real sorry for the late update the past few days I have been getting ready for my track meet which occured last night. Anyways I took 80 grams of perfect carb during the day friday spread out and I believe it contributed to the energy levels and fuel during my races that night. My last race was at 930 and was still feeling ready to go and actually ran faster than the previous race. So far I am pleased with the product and have become accustomed to the pour and chase with water method. Thumbs up, will update Monday
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Get to see it is working for you. Did you win the races you were in or not just wondering and if not don't blame it on the product. LOL
    www.zimanutrition.com

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you tried cooking with it yet?

Day 10

Hey guys I've been busy with studying recently because I have finals all this week and this update is for yesterday as I didn't practice Monday and today I was dragged out to do a distance run and didn't take the perfect carb before. So anyways I took perfect carb yesterday before my work out. It was generally easy however relied completely on explosion as we practiced our starts out of the blocks. We did about 20 starts, 15 of which were with applied resistance. For example, while in the set position we each are wearing a harness attached to a suicide cord and a regular cord. Upon the start the person holding us holds on the the cord preventing us from not going very fast and really trying to explode, and after a certain number of steps the suicide cord is pulled and the runner continues with no resistance as both cords detach. My energy was very high throughout the entire workout and I felt strong through the whole thing. Tomorrow I have a tough workout and will update after that.
    Last edited by JL2K7388; 12-13-2006 at 02:51 PM.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Have you tried cooking with it yet?
    No i havent gotten the chance, whenever I cook/bake I to only bake sweets and try to stay away haha. I tried it in coffee on monday and mixed well except I needed more to get the desired taste.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

high toned son of a bitch Keg_Chested's Avatar
    Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000) Keg_Chested is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JL2K7388 View Post
    [size=+2]Day 10[/size

Hey guys I've been busy with studying recently because I have finals all this week and this update is for yesterday as I didn't practice Monday and today I was dragged out to do a distance run and didn't take the perfect carb before. So anyways I took perfect carb yesterday before my work out. It was generally easy however relied completely on explosion as we practiced our starts out of the blocks. We did about 20 starts, 15 of which were with applied resistance. For example, while in the set position we each are wearing a harness attached to a suicide cord and a regular cord. Upon the start the person holding us holds on the the cord preventing us from not going very fast and really trying to explode, and after a certain number of steps the suicide cord is pulled and the runner continues with no resistance as both cords detach. My energy was very high throughout the entire workout and I felt strong through the whole thing. Tomorrow I have a tough workout and will update after that.
    Glad to hear it's giving you sustained energy for all your meets!
    "If you can't be good, be good at it."

For the last time, "American Psycho" is a satire, not a self-help guide on how to live your life.

That is a really intresting work out sounds like tons of fun. Glad to see the perfect carb is really helping you with your stamina through all your work outs.
    www.zimanutrition.com

Bump for updates!
    www.zimanutrition.com

Bump for updates!
    Yeah my apologies man, I just finished up with finals so I've kinda slacked off. Anyways to update for monday through today here it goes.

Monday: Actually forgot to take my PC and I actually felt it during my workout. I felt a little sluggish and felt slight cramping in my side. The only thing I ate that day was an egg white sandwich on a whole wheat english muffin about 2 hours before, definitely not the best fuel for a running workout.

Tuesday: Took the PC as planned and I felt great. For those who know about the Armory, its a famous indoor track in NYC which is about 20 mins from my house and I drove down there in hopes of getting a great workout in on an awesome track. I indeed did just that, I had great amounts of energy and completed a difficult workout with no cramping. The workout consisted of:
    8x200m @ 32 seconds, 45 seconds rest
    6 minutes rest
    7x200m @ 32 seconds, 45 seconds rest
    1x200m @ 90% which turned out to be 24.1 seconds

Wednesday: Again took PC as planned and went on a distance run for a half hour. Got back to my home town on monday so running around the neighborhood today was nice. Again energy was up and felt good during my workout, no cramping or anything. Overall was enjoyable and felt strong.

Tomorrow I have a fast paced distance run and friday I have a Bike workout. Seems like I have a 1/3 of PC left...
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

I understand how finals can get, don't worry about it. You seem to be doing really good on the perfect carb. Are you mixing it with water or protien? How are you using it? If you need some suggestions visit the other logs they have some good tips in them.
    www.zimanutrition.com

I understand how finals can get, don't worry about it. You seem to be doing really good on the perfect carb. Are you mixing it with water or protien? How are you using it? If you need some suggestions visit the other logs they have some good tips in them.
    Prior to a workout i like to get all my carbs in at once at about an hour or so before i work out and i found it to be the easiest to just take the product straight and chase with water, easy, quick and it works.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Sorry about not posting for a few days, been kinda busy with the family and such around the holidays since I'm home from college. But anyways I resumed taking perfect carb today after taking the weekend and yesterday off which was nice.

I took my regular 10 scoops pre workout and then I went to my local gym to do an intense spin class which was great! Man after going through that pain and sweat I would so much rather be running for some reason haha. But anyways I felt strong through the duration of 30 minutes of the interval strength session they has us complete. Being a sprinter and mostly fast twitch muscle fiber, doing any activity longer than 10 minutes is simply terribly boring but I was able to make it through and actually enjoyed it.

After that I took a brief break picked up my kid brother (an aspiring football star) and went back to the gym to do my weights for the day. Well surprisingly I had enough energy after spin class to get in a real good upper body workout, I felt real good and gave myself ample rest to make sure.

Tomorrow I'm lifting early afternoon then going for a distance run later that day. Will hopefully update tomorrow.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

Thanks for updating I know the holidays are a bad time of year with everything that is going on. Looks like that PC is really helping you with your work outs. How much do you have left?
    www.zimanutrition.com

looks to be about a 1/4 I'm hoping it lasts about two more weeks because I go back to school in a week for winter training camp
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

hey guys sorry about missing the updates but ive done two workouts since my last update and I havent been feeling too well not sure what it is but i feel a little sluggish and slow i might have something like a stomach virus or sinus infection not too sure but i'm feeling kind of sick. But anyways I still managed to complete my workouts which the other day was:

5x500 meters @ 64 seconds at the 400m split

there was a 3 minute rest in between.

This was tough but still able to get through it.

And today:

5x4 50m steep uphill sprints

6 minute break in between sets

This was pretty tough as well, it was cold out when I did it cuz my lazy ass was hanging around inside for too long after waking up at 12. But anyways still managed to get through it and felt stronger than the other day.

Well happy new years to everyone and have a good one tonight!
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat

hey guys sorry about the late update but ill go day by day with what i have been doing the past few days

Thursday started the first day of winter camp for us:

morning practice:
    speed drills

afternoon practice:
    more higher intense speed drills

Today i felt real strong and was happy to return to the track and school and to begin training. The work was fairly light and i went through the drills in a breeze

Friday:

morning practice:

went down to the canal outside of town and did 10x300m with 100m walking rest.

afternoon practice:

intense lower leg lifting

Today was a tougher day. The run this morning was pretty intense and long because not only did we have to complete the work out we had to run the two miles back to campus...uphill haha. This made for a tough morning but I was focused and definitely felt real good. Later that afternoon the squats were tough but felt good again.

Saturday:

Afternoon:

Pool Workout

All I can say about this is WOW haha. After yesterday i have a new respect for swimmers. I suppose being in great running shape and swimming shape are two completely different things. We did an array of things such as multiple sprinting laps, leg drills in the water, leg kicks etc. To sum it up it was extremely intense and left me with a great feeling this morning haha.

Today:

Afternoon:

Lifting

We had a different type of workout at the gym today focusing more on plyometric and endurance gym training. For example we did cleans, sled pulls, plenty of core, a boxing circuit and some other exercises. I felt great today and really enjoyed this type of workout.

Tomorrow starts the new week and we have two practices per day through thursday and a meet on friday in NYC. PC will probably last just this week so hopefully it will be great.
    Ncaa Division 1 Track

Lehigh University

Stats:
    6'1"
    175lbs
    low body fat