Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Registered User nightcrawler782's Avatar
    nightcrawler782 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by bassdreamer View Post
    I tried to search this with little luck, so pardon my silly question. Does taking (additional, beyond what's in food and protien powders) BCAA make a difference?

And if so, should I add them to my diet when I'm bulking (now) or dieting (come Jan)?

Or is it not really necessary.

I currently supplement with whey protien for pwo and NO-explode prior to working out, along with glucosomine and a multi.
    I just stared taking it ,but I mix it with ELEMENT potato starch and drinking it during my workout and it works great. give me energy, durance,and I concentrate better

exodist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BCAAs are like any other supplement you take. Once you have taken it and got the Amino Acids loaded into your muscles/blood stream, it doesn't really matter when you take them. That being said, many BCAA/ Amino Acid's and other supplements as well may have other ingredients that may help aid in your workout in different ways. Thus best to follow there recommended dosage. While BB dot coms website says you can not overload on them, you however can waste them. Best dosage advice is to try a standard dosage and see how that works for you for a few weeks. Then if you want to see if a higher dosage works, try that for a few weeks. If you dont notice any real improvements. Then drop back to the standard dosage and save your money. I have often found when something says, "double the dose for max results" really means. "Waste your money like a jackass", but then again everyone's body handles supplements differently...

This thread is old, but still informative. One of the post was about the positive effects of amino acids and another person posted about the bad effects. One thing that stuck out is Uric Acid. Just coming off almost a 2 years rest for working out I can tell you Uric Acid can ruin your day. Beer often sets mine off. But just drinking more water can lower uri levels. Also darker meats tend to raise the levels quicker then lighter meat, which is a pain when your trying to get your protein. Amino Acids can raise uri levels from the way they work, how ever if your drinking 2 to 3 liters of water a day like most of us "including myself should", your kidneys should keep the uri levels low. Just thought I would throw that in there.

- Exo

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One must be careful though.I was watching Daffy Duck with the kids on the weekend and he didn't get his pilot licence for having BCAA's in his blood test.The girls bert stared me when I cracked up.

Eazy1DuzIt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BCAAs are like any other supplement you take. Once you have taken it and got the Amino Acids loaded into your muscles/blood stream, it doesn't really matter when you take them.

In reference to above
    This may be true, but what you didn't state was how long the BCAA's stay in your system (i.e., half life/full life). If you need to load on BCAA's, which know one mentioned on this thread, I would imagine it would take longer to get out of your body. But if you take this every PWO, I imagine this ingests very rapidly and will be out of your system within hours. So again, doesn't it matter then when you take these? So many factors to consider. I just want 1 answer.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eazy1DuzIt View Post
    BCAAs are like any other supplement you take. Once you have taken it and got the Amino Acids loaded into your muscles/blood stream, it doesn't really matter when you take them.

In reference to above
    This may be true, but what you didn't state was how long the BCAA's stay in your system (i.e., half life/full life). If you need to load on BCAA's, which know one mentioned on this thread, I would imagine it would take longer to get out of your body. But if you take this every PWO, I imagine this ingests very rapidly and will be out of your system within hours. So again, doesn't it matter then when you take these? So many factors to consider. I just want 1 answer.
    Bcaas are proteins that are predigested. Just a few steps farther in the process, so you can absorb them more quickly. So, think about when might you need a supply of protein quickly and that should answer your question.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10) bfoley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I workout in the morning and I drink 5g pre-workout and drink 10g during my workout.

--Brian

auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) auschwitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bumping quality thread. I know this is 35 and up but the info is still good. I just ordered some BCAAs and will try them pre and post workout and probably more when cutting. I have some glutamine sitting around but unsure if it's necessary now.

jamesadenham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Monty Python forever

forrestgump95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    I have had excellent success using Xtend during my workout. Per the recommendation at Scivation, I mix it with a whey protein isolate and sip it during the workout.

I find that it gives me energy during the workout and eliminates my need for a post workout drink, which is good for me because I workout on my lunch hour and would prefer to eat a meal after my workout.

Ray
    Could you get a bit more into the details for me please? I mean like, didn't you feel bloated during your workout? Did you use whey without bcaa before? I'm asking because I train late as well, and I always have a hearty meal afterwards, which troubles my - otherwise troubled enough - sleep.

Thank you in advance
    Forrest

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know if they did anything for my gains (or lack there of) but they mess my head up. I get cranky and have trouble sleeping. Not for me.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find BCAAs mildly useful taken prior to morning fasted training sessions.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Ancient thread, but a topic that refuses to die, probably due to the high level of effort placed on advertising by the supplement industry.

Based on current research on the value/effectiveness of BCAA supplementation, if you're already reaching your daily protein requirement, the only benefit of BCAA supps might be a placebo effect. So, it really doesn't matter when you take them. I'd simply suggest spending the money on something that will actually make a difference, such as steak, or Creatine Monohydrate if one doesn't eat a lot of red meat.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733