howlinmadjack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting to "bulk", worried about fat gain...

Well after 7 months I'm down 70lbs, which means I'm now 6'0" 157. I'm not sure what my body fat percentage is but I still have some stubborn belly fat. Since I'm down so much I decided that I'm going to start to "semi-bulk". I've upped my daily calories from 2,000 to around 2,300 now; however, I wanted to see if that is enough to start gaining muscle while still keeping my calories low enough that I can still burn fat. So what do you all think? Also, with gaining more muscle that means that it will be easier to lose fat right? One last question, what type of food should I be bulking with that won't cause fat gain?

(As for my routine I strength train 4 days a week and do 5 days of med intensity cardio for 30 mins)

Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr13percent is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do a search for "clean bulking" for more info

1) Very hard to gain muscle and lose fat without either being new to weights or on gear.
    2) Yes, it's easier to lose the fat if you have more muscle underneath.
    3) Lean meats ex chicken, whole grains ex oats, natty pb, veggies, etc. when you do a search you will find more.

Maybe cut the cardio back to 3 days a week if you're not seeing any gains, excess of it will be counterproductive.

Good luck