mafija has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

18 years old 120 pounds

Hey guys!

My first post on this forum. In attachment thare are pictures of me taken today. Even at my very low weight I have pretty big bf%. I have lot of fat even at my back and face. My height is 163cm and I weight 54kg/120pounds.
    My wrist is very small size (13cm) which is very rear even at teenage girls. I assume it has something to do with bad nutrition during my childhood.

1. How much is my body fat percentage in pictures?
    2. Can you please give me advice how to burn these extra fat so I can start gaining muscle mass from low body fat percentage.

I was thinking about high protein and low carb diet with 1000-1200 calories and some cardio.

Sorry for bad picture quality.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mafija; 11-23-2006 at 03:25 PM.

r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250) r_robert has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brave brave! your genes arent the best ones, i wish u good luck with that tho
    I rep back bout tree fiddy +

► WKEA ◄

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by r_robert
    brave brave! your genes arent the best ones, i wish u good luck with that tho
    how would you know his genes aren't that great? That's not really something you can tell until you've had your training and diet down for a while.

Anyway, well, everyone starts somewhere. Just see where training takes you.

Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My advice just eat right and eat like a crazed animal, lift heavy with compound movements (good form) and sleep well. Add in maybe 2 cardio sessions a week just to keep cardio health in check. The mass will def come your way and you should def look alot leaner and meaner.

When I say eat, make it clean foods, not half of your calories of junk, eat things like eggs, fish, Tuna, salmon, chicken, oats, protein shakes, peanut butter, almonds, fishoils, and etc. You know the deal. you have nothing to show, u have no muscle, so like I said above, just lift hard, sleep well and eat.
    Last edited by Abyss; 11-23-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    I seem to receive alot of P.M's on nutrition advice, training & among other general subjects, please give me time to reply, I don't mind answering your questions, thanks! Ladies and Gents.

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tussmann57 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    correct me if im wrong but wouldnt this kid, with lack of prior exercise technique and propper lifting, lose fat and gain muscle if he had all his **** in line?

SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) SleepLifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tussmann57
    correct me if im wrong but wouldnt this kid, with lack of prior exercise technique and propper lifting, lose fat and gain muscle if he had all his **** in line?
    YES! Increase in lean body mass will also boost his metabolism so that he is burning more.
    My tribe: www.Rich20Something.com/join

try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Work Hard to Get Hard

Hey guy! Dont worry!
    Youre 18 years old, its the perfect age to get started! (Though Every age is the perfect age ) Most guys are still growing at 18, and 163cm (5' 4" ?) isnt a bad height, even if you do stop growing upwards! I have tended to notice that shorter guys have a much easier time getting ripped that the really tall guys anyhow. (longer bones and all that) and youve still got all your natural hormones to help boost you along

Dont worry about your wrist size... putting on some good muscle will help thicken it up... its probably just proportional to your height ratio anyhow. The best thing to do is start a good excercise routine, get your diet on track, and everything will fall into place! Diet is especially important: keep everything in balance, follow one of the workout plans on the site and STICK TO IT! Dont forget to work the big muscles like your legs - those ones will speed up your metabolism the most... Squats, deadlifts etc.

keep us posted on your progress! you can even start a bodyblog on the "bodyspaces" section of the site ( http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ ) to keep you on track - it REALLY helps to record everything and talk to others about it to keep you motivated and excited about your workout!
    Override Your Genetics. Try Harder!
    6'0 - 173lb 10% (April 2006)
    6'0 - 150lb 17% (June 2005)

fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000) fastdraw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Abyss
    My advice just eat right and eat like a crazed animal, lift heavy with compound movements (good form) and sleep well. Add in maybe 2 cardio sessions a week just to keep cardio health in check. The mass will def come your way and you should def look alot leaner and meaner.

When I say eat, make it clean foods, not half of your calories of junk, eat things like eggs, fish, Tuna, salmon, chicken, oats, protein shakes, peanut butter, almonds, fishoils, and etc. You know the deal. you have nothing to show, u have no muscle, so like I said above, just lift hard, sleep well and eat.
    If you didn't pay much attention to this post, then you nead to read it again. Right on.
    Without a gun, the flag you're waving might as well be white.

SGT-0331-USMC

Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gibblets will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

You have a "disease" called being skinny-fat. But look man, before you go and attempt suicide, it's not so bad, and my advice can help if you're willing to be open minded and listen to someone who's been there.

At your bodyweight and level of muscle mass, you aren't burning many calories. Heck, I bet after one large meal (like a thanksgiving-sized meal) you aren't hungry for the rest of the day! You probably don't eat much more than the average teenage girl. These aren't insults- just assumptions I'm making for now. Correct me though, if I'm wrong.

The more muscle mass you pack on through training, eating, and recovery, the higher the amount of calories you can burn, and the easier it gets to shed fat whenever you feel the need to. That being said, cutting now would be a waste of your time. And even if you did successfully lose your unwanted fat...how much would you weigh? A solid 90 pounds? C'mon now...don't kid yourself.

What you need to do is suck it up for now that you have this skinny fat condition and just eat, eat, and eat and train like an animal and sleep like a baby! Eat you ask me? Yes, you WILL put on more fat, but the amount of muscle you'll put on at the same time will actually lower your overall bodyfat percentage in the long run.

When you bodybuild, you must think long-term. You need to set goals, and your goal right now should be gaining as much lean mass as possible through diet, training, and recovery. If you do a lean bulk for a year, I freaking guarantee you that you will look leaner and bigger and be stronger that you ever dreamed of. Get to it.
    The Chronicles of Gibblets
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=806401

Gibblets' Summer of Hell: Cutting Phase 2005
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=461571

Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100) Mr. Galaxy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah, dude, you need to eat, I'm only 12 going on 13 & I weigh more than you. I weigh about 125-130 lbs.

CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hmmm if you have the cash this program would work wonders for you. www.skinnyguy.net It basiclly tells you all the basics etc but is really focused on skinny/skinnyfat men and women and gives you realistic yet desirable goals to obtain and access to forums with a lot of input from guys who started off really skinny who ended up gaining weight. I'm going to be honest though its going to take you anywhere from 1.5-3 years to get a really good body at your age but if you keep going you WILL get there.

I started off at 124 in the summer at 5,9 which is pretty damn skinny and started hardcore training for 4 months and hot up to 129 before I got lazy and stopped. However then I realized what a DUMB mistake I made by quitting stepped on the scale at 124 again and started back up in august. I've gone from 124 to 136 ever since then and am slowly closing in on 137.
    Disregard females, acquire currency

Supprised that u advice me eating more food.

I had 64 kg on January 2006 went down to 48 in 3 months (3 small meals a day and a lot of sport activity) and was actualy skinny but with very little muscle mass at upper body. Then I began to eat big quantity of food. I think I had compulsive overeating (didn't enjoy food, I ate a lot of no taste food just to get full) I ate like 3000 calories a day minimum (not joking or overreacting I acctualy ate like 8 times a day big meal) and I went to this 54kg in half a year.

I hate how my face looks and I want a fast drastic change just to get motivation.

I won't be eating much surley from now on.

Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavensport has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dont eat more to up your weight at the moment. Aim at gaining muscle and eating right and with the noob gains your going to gain a good amount of muscle which is going to up your weight.

ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ccashatt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

My advice pretty much is what everyone else has been saying!
    1. Eat right. Get a balanced meal that is protein rich. Protein builds muscles. Duh.

2. Lift frequently. If you want mass then lift heavier, moderately for strength, and lighter for definition.

3. Get your cardio in. You want to have AT LEAST 15 minutes of higher intensity cardio to help burn off that fat. The lifting will also help to develop muscle which will also reduce BF.

Good luck with all your goals, keep up the good work, and keep lifting hard!

Also remember to use BodySpace on this site. It's EXCELLENT for keeping motivated, and keeping track of your progress.
    Last edited by ccashatt; 11-24-2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Promoting BodySpace

I decided to lose fat first and then go for muscle gaining.

My body fat procentage must be between 20% and max. 25% . So my lean body mass is around 40kg and fat mass is 13,5. To get to around 10% I need to lose around 6-8 kg of fat. Thats wouldn't be so hard if I would have skills to deal with my nutrition.

I am planing to bo on 1200 calories for 2 weeks and I will carefuly write what, when I eat, how much do I workout and will measure my weight every day. I'll keep u reported.

I'll go for 5 meals a day and eat outmeal for breakfast with skimmed milk, eat lots of lean protein in other meals and add some wholegrain pasta and brown rice just to cover calories to 1200. Still hard to decide what diet to use. Low Carb diet makes better sense then just low kcal.

I have no fitness near the place I live so I will do just exercise with my own weight and I will walk to moutains and forest that are around my valley. I won't count burned calories just intake.

Help or opinion is welcomed.
    Last edited by mafija; 11-24-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Registered Alter Ego Mr. Superman's Avatar
    Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Superman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mafija View Post

My body fat procentage must be between 20% and max. 25% . So my lean body mass is around 40kg and fat mass is 13,5. To get to around 10% I need to lose around 6-8 kg of fat. Thats wouldn't be so hard if I would have skills to deal with my nutrition.

I am planing to bo on 1200 calories for 2 weeks and I will carefuly write what, when I eat, how much do I workout and will measure my weight every day. I'll keep u reported.

I'll go for 5 meals a day and eat outmeal for breakfast with skimmed milk, eat lots of lean protein in other meals and add some wholegrain pasta and brown rice just to cover calories to 1200. Still hard to decide what diet to use. Low Carb diet makes better sense then just low kcal.

I have no fitness near the place I live so I will do just exercise with my own weight and I will walk to moutains and forest that are around my valley. I won't count burned calories just intake.

No, no, NO!!!!!

Wrong. Throw that plan away. No. Dumb thing to do. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Come back with another plan.
    Man of Steel

lil_Dan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Yea gotta agree with most of these im 23 and 5'4 always been a small and slim lad,i knew i wouldn't grow any more in height so decided to put some muscle mass on,at first i didnt have a clue,but now i have quite a good understanding,i went from 52kg about 8 stone(114lbs) to 69kg(10 stone/152lbs)and every one could see the difference the only thing was i hadnt eaten clean it was more of a dirty bulk,but fat gain should be the least of you worry's you can cut at the end of a good bulk,now i weigh about 61kg with quite low bodyfat,now i just eat clean 99.9% of the time,and like the others said,lift hard,sleep well and eat,eat,eat(clean),its the only way you'll get rid of those girly wrists,trying to lose fat at your size is crazy i dont even think about fat now i'll worry about that when ive packed on abit more size.

try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) try_harder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you design your diet, its great to have a calorie number to guage your total intake, but dont forget to ensure that the ratios of protein: carb: fat are appropriate for your body as well...

As well, check out the link below, you should determine your BMR (scroll down to nutritional calculators) because the amount of calories you intake is proportional to your current height&weight (think of a 4' 0" 100lb guy eating 5000cal a day vs a 6' 4" 300lb guy eating the same - the latter would probably still be hungry ) so theres little point to starting with looking at the numbers other people are eating until you know what YOUR body requires.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calculators.htm

if you dont have any fitness facilities nearby, get your family involved... dads are great for that kind of thing and ime sure you could wheedle a pair of dumbells out of santa, its only ~1$ per pound of weight, and a pair of twenties can be used for LOTS of different excercises. If youve got real mountains nearby, go on regular hikes, wear a heavy pack with all your food and water! I LOVE hiking, and always drop HUGE %'s of BF in the summer when i go regularly (even a 1.5km hike with an elevation gain of 500 metres is a terrific leg workout - see the Chief, a mountain nearby that i do frequently. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp.../stawamus.html )

PS: if you havent built much in the way of lean muscle and lose all your fat, you wont have anything to show off! So, dont forget about that! (not to mention all we've already said about lean muscle being the best at killing fat via metabolism)
    Last edited by try_harder; 11-30-2006 at 08:38 PM.
    Override Your Genetics. Try Harder!
    6'0 - 173lb 10% (April 2006)
    6'0 - 150lb 17% (June 2005)

Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spuddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    fat doesnt burn fat, muscle does. if you try to lose fat now, especially after practically starving yourself already, you will have a very hard time. spend atleast 6 months just bulking like mad and putting on muscle, then worry about losing fat, as it will be a LOT easier, and not to mention with a much more satisfying body underneath. no one is impressed by looking at skinny guys, they are impressed by looking at muscle.

3,000 a day is nothing! im eating 5,000 a day right now, and im still losing fat because im doing so much working out (heavy liftign and a lot of runnig) i advise you to eat more than 3,000 calories a day, with a lot of protein, and good complex carbs (whole grain wheat products, brown rice, potatos, etc) and you will build a lot of muscle and lose fat the moment you start hitting the weights
    siggy

Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't say I really agree with all the " add mass " suggestions... most will tell you it's a good idea to drop the bodyfat first and then clean bulk so you can monitor your bodyfat a little better and it also helps to not get discouraged during cutting if you don't have as much to cut. 1000-1200 calories sounds low, but the kid is only 120 lbs... 1200-1300 would be right around what he needs to be to lose weight. He doesn't have a lot of muscle no, however, he's 18 and once he starts eating 5-6 times a day his metabolism will speed up, and when he starts to bulk whether now or later will probably get some good gains for the first year.

Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
    fat doesnt burn fat, muscle does. if you try to lose fat now, especially after practically starving yourself already, you will have a very hard time. spend atleast 6 months just bulking like mad and putting on muscle, then worry about losing fat, as it will be a LOT easier, and not to mention with a much more satisfying body underneath. no one is impressed by looking at skinny guys, they are impressed by looking at muscle.

3,000 a day is nothing! im eating 5,000 a day right now, and im still losing fat because im doing so much working out (heavy liftign and a lot of runnig) i advise you to eat more than 3,000 calories a day, with a lot of protein, and good complex carbs (whole grain wheat products, brown rice, potatos, etc) and you will build a lot of muscle and lose fat the moment you start hitting the weights
    If you are extremely active then 5,000 is probably ok, if you're not, your wasting a lot of food... i've done all the calculations for gaining fat free mass and i'm the same weight you are, although i'm only 5'10, but all of them say between 2700-3200... depending on how active you are.

CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mafija View Post

horrible horrible idea mate, you need to find a gym or save up to get fitness equipment. If you go on fat loss you will look horribly afterwards and loose the little lbm you have left. At 120 even though you are past 15% you should still try mass gain. Try going to 2000 cals a day 30% protien 30% carbs 30% fat and split it into 6 meals a day every 2-3 hours. And hit the gym 3 days a week mon wen fri if possible. Work out each body part only once and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    If you are extremely active then 5,000 is probably ok, if you're not, your wasting a lot of food... i've done all the calculations for gaining fat free mass and i'm the same weight you are, although i'm only 5'10, but all of them say between 2700-3200... depending on how active you are.
    depends on your metab some big guys gain on 3k while others like me needed 3k just to start growing from 125.