AudreeV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are your top 10 advice for a newbie?

I am 29 years old, 5'5, 164 presently. I have had two precious babies and my skin is not lookin too good, especially the more wieght I lose. My goal is to get to 145 and get very toned, meaning visible muscle definition. I just stared weight training and I would like to get your best advice and info. How long would you say to see any results and finally to my goal? Also can you give me a sample of your day, diet and excercise? Do you do cardio on the days you wieght train? Thanks a lot!!!
    January 2002 - 204 pounds
    January 2003 - 165 pounds
    Goal - 145 pounds and a super toned body!

laulau418 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Audree -
    First of all, I would like to congratulate you for getting started! You are already on your way - so you should be proud of yourself.
    Depending on how many days you plan on working out per week -and how "clean" your diet is, you should start to see some results after 6 weeks.
    You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day to speed up your metabolism. All of your meals should consist of protein, complex carbs or fibrous carbs and a small amount of "good fat".
    Sample meals are:
    8:00am Breakfast - Oatmeal, Raisins and a scoop of protein powder
    10:30 - 11:00am Snack - Protein shake or an apple with two tablespoons of peanut butter.
    2:00pm - Lunch 2 cups of salad, 4-5 oz of grilled chicken and a baked potato. (tsp. of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side)
    5:00pm - Protein shake
    7:30 - 8:00pm Grilled Salmon, 1 cup of steamed mixed veggies

This is just a sample of my average day. These are the times of day that I eat, but keep in mind - this is what works for me - you might need to change it up a little.
    Egg whites are a great source of protein as is fish and grilled chicken and lean red meats.

I do cardio a minimum of 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes at a time.
    It is best to do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, but I can't seem to get myself up at 4:30am every day so - you do whatever you can do -
    I hope this helps!!
    "If you really want something, work hard, take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way."
    - Jane Goodall

I sought advice and cooperation from all those around me - but not permission.
    - Muhammad Ali

Dwell in possibility.
    - Emily Dickinson

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    always keep your goal in mind, but remember one step at a time man. there arent any shortcuts, best shortcuts are eating right and exercising. supplements help you reach your goal but they are not shortcuts

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    oops my bad, i didnt pay attention to the fact this was women's nutrition and dieting, but still that advice applies to both sexes