TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBeast29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bolstering Pushups and Pull Ups

I havn't worked out for 2 months, but I'd like to get back into the gym to improve my pushups and pull ups. Will benching and front lat pulldowns help improve push ups? I can knock out a little over 50 pushups and I'd like to be able to do 60-75 without stopping. Any tips? I stopped weightlifting b/c of annoying discomfort in my elbow and wrist regions but I think there starting to feel better. I'd be willing to start back up some time in the gym to improve these two exercises. Any tips?

mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u wanna improve on pushups do pushups, u wanna improve on pullups do pullups.

intheprocess has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheBeast29
    I havn't worked out for 2 months, but I'd like to get back into the gym to improve my pushups and pull ups. Will benching and front lat pulldowns help improve push ups? I can knock out a little over 50 pushups and I'd like to be able to do 60-75 without stopping. Any tips? I stopped weightlifting b/c of annoying discomfort in my elbow and wrist regions but I think there starting to feel better. I'd be willing to start back up some time in the gym to improve these two exercises. Any tips?
    i was realy, realy into push-ups for off and on about a year. i could do about 90 in one set. the one thing that helped me to be able to do more is just by doing push-ups. and bulking doesn't seem to help me. i can now only do around 50. and another thing, i actualy get pissed off when people brag about being able to do 100 pushups, and when they do them, their arms are very wide, they let their neck hang lower than the rest of their body, they don't go down properly, or they don't extend their arms enough. a proper push ups, consists of placing your hands around shoulder width apart (tricep pushups), and you go down untill your upper arms become parrelel to the ground. you should try to get as much of a straight body as you can. Believe me. if you are doing "regular" pushups now, try the real pushups and i wouldn't think you would be able to do more than 30.
    -Max