Thread: Me cleaning

RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Me cleaning

This is a video of me power cleaning 210 @ 175 lbs, been lifting for 9.5 months. I know i kicked my right leg back a little, but otherwise does it look good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1oUgf6jYng

rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50) rock_ten will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you havent linked to a video.

meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

OH MY ****ING GOD!!!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

OK, I'm taking it that you are an UBER NOOB or something?

The form was horrific. For starters you have the bar WAY too far away from you to begin with.

That is actually THE WORST clean I have ever seen.

That is the IDEAL way to really injure yourself. Lower the weight and work on proper form.

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Oh my God. That is the most terrible thing I've ever seen. I cannot believe you did that. Are you serious? You really think thats a clean? Oh my God. You are going to annihilate your back one day, doing that. I will never respect you. You are a moron, a true moron. Get out. Get out and never return. Oh my God. Just go away forever.

meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10) meme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

Originally Posted by smj5351
    Oh my God. That is the most terrible thing I've ever seen. I cannot believe you did that. Are you serious? You really think thats a clean? Oh my God. You are going to annihilate your back one day, doing that. I will never respect you. You are a moron, a true moron. Get out. Get out and never return. Oh my God. Just go away forever.
    ^^^^^ What he said!!!

LOLs!!!

Geek Giving Crappy Advice SchemeSC's Avatar
    SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The kid said he's only been lifting for 9 months. Get off his nuts.

To the OP, you should really buy the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. It is the best book a beginner could ever buy on weightlifting. It goes into great detail on how to perform a proper clean.
    Intermediate 5x5 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=974394

"Bodybuilding and powerlifting are two different sports, but there are undeniable similarities. I would go so far as to state that, for the novice or early intermediate, they are the same sport." -Dave76

Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500) Lager1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SchemeSC
    The kid said he's only been lifting for 9 months. Get off his nuts.

To the OP, you should really buy the book Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. It is the best book a beginner could ever buy on weightlifting. It goes into great detail on how to perform a proper clean.
    I've only been lifting for 9 months and I can perform a power clean properly. If you don't know how the hell to do something, don't do it.

Well almost 11 months actually. But that's not the point.
    Last edited by smj5351; 11-20-2006 at 12:12 PM.

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Being a newbie to lifting is no excuse to do bad form. If you keep up that technique the injury potential is great.

SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SchemeSC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've only been lifting for 9 months and I can perform a power clean properly. If you don't know how the hell to do something, don't do it.

Well almost 11 months actually. But that's not the point.
    And how the hell is someone supposed to know if they're doing something correctly if they dont ask?

"Bodybuilding and powerlifting are two different sports, but there are undeniable similarities. I would go so far as to state that, for the novice or early intermediate, they are the same sport." -Dave76

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SchemeSC
    And how the hell is someone supposed to know if they're doing something correctly if they dont ask?
    Wow!!! What an amazingly POINTLESS comment.

RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RoCesK19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok I get the point I have bad form, that was how I was taught to do cleans. It was obviously wrong. It might just be that I've never really maxed cleans before because I've only been doing them since september. I will go back down to 135 and get my form right by watching videos online/reading.

Thank you Scheme, I repped you for being helpful when I was asking for help.

Listen,

Why don't some of you douchebags actually try and help the guy instead of, well.. being douchebags. He asked if his form was correct. The answer is obviously, "No, it sucks. It's retardedly bad." Since you guys are all obviously clean experts, why don't you actually do one of the following:

1) Refer him to the name of a book or article that demonstrates how to properly perform a clean.

2) Refer him to a reputable website that gives step by step instructions on how to perform a clean.

3) Write your own step by step instructions for him on how to perform a power clean.

4) Give the name of another forum member who excels in cleans so he can PM him.

Unless you can do one of those 4 things, stay the **** out of the thread.

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, power cleans aren't rocket science...

1. Leg Drive
    2. Double Knee Bend
    3. Triple Extension
    4. Flip Wrists
    5. Rack weight

Here....

Bar close the shins when beginning, start the leg drive, the legs will straighten out because of this. The torso still remains at the same angle as the barbell is going up the body, as it's moving up your thighs the knees shift underneath the bar (unconscious action), when it reaches probably a little above mid thigh (depedent on lifter), you extend your body, the barbell moves upward your body descends and you flip your wrists catching it on your clavicles. I don't have pictures to accompany this, but in a simplified sense this is what it is.
    Last edited by Ibanez; 11-20-2006 at 01:15 PM.

Ok, I'll make another video next week when I do cleans again, hopefully that time with proper form, with much less weight.

Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee_5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    looking at the thread title, i was hoping to see a video of you vacuuming or dusting.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RoCesK19
    This is a video of me power cleaning 210 @ 175 lbs, been lifting for 9.5 months. I know i kicked my right leg back a little, but otherwise does it look good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1oUgf6jYng
    I think you knew that your form needs a lot of work before you even posted this, but that is neither here nor there.

Bottom line, use less weight NOW and work on your form before you injury yourself. Check out this tutorial vid....

http://www.aceathlete.com/hatch/video.htm
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) draco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The most important thing I would suggest is to "walk" into the bar before bending over. Keep it tight to the shins. It seems that this bad beginning position screws up your whole lift.

Second, bring the bar up in a straight line and use your hips for the drive. Picture your arms only as ropes and your hips whipping your arms up.

Third, force your elbows through at the end. This will help to catch weight and keep you balanced.

Look up olympic lifting on youtube or something. There are plenty of videos.

Drop weight and work on form.
    "What one can be, one must be." -Maslow

ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10) ice4me is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some of you guys on some crazy sh*t no joke. So what if he has bad form. Dont tell him to leave. Help him out. Tell him what to do. Is that not what the forum is for!? Please dont tell me otherwise. You to f N good to help him out? Seriously .. people like you guys need ta get the F out. Jokstas!

Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Power-Lifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't get the youtube link...my job blocks it out. I'm just going off the other comments on your form. Check out these links. they might help, also look at the pics... and read the description, and try to find a good coach. hope that helps
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/olympiclift.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz26.htm

Squat: 600lbs ( with gear)...
    540lbs (raw)
    Bench: 350lbs (raw)
    Deadlift: 624lbs (raw)

Goals: Stay healthy, and don't break anything

Life 4 years post powerlifting competions:
    Squat-475lbs
    Bench-I can't bench anymore, rotator cuff injury
    Deadlift-500lbs (these are all regular gym lifts now)

Goals: I'm older now so don't do nothing stupid and break something.

Registered User Strongerthanall's Avatar
    Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strongerthanall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    practice high deadlifts where you lift the bar as high as u can (like an upright row) with momentum...make sure you are exploding up on your toes at the peak of every lift. This is the best training for cleans.
    Squat- 620 max. with knee wraps and belt. 405x 20
    Bench- 455 raw
    deadlift- 555 with belt

height 6'1"
    weight 233
    age 38

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Strongerthanall
    practice high deadlifts where you lift the bar as high as u can (like an upright row) with momentum...make sure you are exploding up on your toes at the peak of every lift. This is the best training for cleans.
    A.K.A. "high pulls". Good advice.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../HighPull.html
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Nah, I'll have to disagree. Doing high pulls when you are beginner is probably more detrimental than helpful. Doing those might just incorporate an arm bend/upright row movement into the lift instead of proper mechanics.

If you are a beginner to the clean or powerclean do this simple exercise. Grab a bar, put it slightly above your knees and have your shoulders over the bar, and then practice exploding and either dropping into a full clean or power clean. When you are "exploding" you want the arms to be as straight as possible so you don't kill the force transfer, afterall a clean isn't supposed to be a bicep exercise. If you need pictures or video to grasp this let me know and I'll see what I can do.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

eh

What you are doing is a typical "football player" clean.

If you guys think this is the worst form ever, you should come to my gym, I see way worse. Most every football player does them like this--split their legs out to the side etc. This is probably all RoCesK19 has seen people do. I rarely ever see anyone do a clean probably, excepting the guys on my university's olympic lifting team.

You actually should be able to do more weight if you do them right, but you may need to lower the weight in the meantime. Looks like some other people have posted some good resources.

Here's a video of my brother clean and jerking 231--not perfect, but you get the idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bbA_cvg9xE
    He hasn't been doing olympic lifts very long, but his form is okay, I figured this video would be less intimidating that the other one's on youtube of people C&Jing 500 lbs. He might should keep his elbows up more on the clean, and his split in the split jerk is almost nonexistent, but I think he's going to switch over to power jerks as he seems to do them even when he tries to split.