Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back to being Combat Ready

About Myself
    I’ve been involved in physical fitness since 1998. At that time I joined the United States Marine Corps, Ooh-Rah! It goes without saying that being combat ready was just a given part of my life from hence day forth. At my best I was 200-205 lbs at 10-12% body fat. After a successful 8-month tour in Iraq, I returned home. At this time an Honorable Discharge in hand I moved back to Ohio. Working 60 hours a week, attending school full-time, and dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I had neither the drive nor the time to focus on my health. Everyday I fell deeper into depression, and to match my physical state worsened as well. At my lowest, I weighed in at 230 lbs! I graduated with my Associates degree and moved to Tennessee. Since January of this year (092006), I have been lifting and watching my diet regularly. Currently I weigh 195-200 lbs, 69” tall, and I’m unsure of my body fat.
    Purpose of Log
    The purpose of this log is to:
    1) Make me accountable for my training and diet regiment.
    2) Help me to stay motivated.
    3) Draw from others experiences and expertise to help me in my transformation.

Nutrition and Supplements
    When I designed my diet, I did take into effect that the FDA recommends certain guidelines for cholesterol and sodium intake. I consume less than 300 mg of cholesterol, and less than 3300 mg of sodium per day. Coming up with a diet that is within these numbers, and still meets my protein/carb/fat ratios has been somewhat difficult. But I’m confident that I have achieved just that.

I’m currently taking the following:
    3 caps Fish Oil (daily)
    2 caps Calcium (daily)
    2 gel vit E (daily)
    2 caps vit C (daily)
    5 grams Creatine Mono (on workout days)
    5 grams Glutamine (on workout days)
    1 Universal Animal Pak
    1 serv Breen Bulge
    1 serv White Blood

My typical diet is as follows:
    6:30 AM 4 oz. Turkey, ½ multi grain Bagel, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 Fish Oil, 1 vit C, 1 vit E, 1 Calcium
    9:30 AM 1 scoop Protein, 1 serv whole wheat Triscuits, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 Fish Oil
    12:30 PM 1 multi grain tortilla, 1 pouch tuna, medium salad
    1 Fish Oil, 1 vit C, 1 vit E, 1 Calcium
    3:30 PM 1 scoop Protein, 1 serv whole wheat Triscuit’s, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    4:00 PM 1 serv Green Bulge/WB
    5:00 PM Workout (during which I sip on 1 serv GlycerGrow)
    6:30 PM 1 scoop Protein w/ 5 grams Glut & 5 grams Creatine, also add 23 grams of sugar
    7:30 PM 8 egg whites, 1 multi grain tortilla, med salad

I drink b/t 1-1.5 gallons of water per day.

That’s it. My daily caloric intake is at 2100 calories. The ratio 37/38/25 is applied to p/c/f. I’m a creature of habit and sticking to an outlined diet is fairly easy, most of the time that is.

Workout
    A typical workout scheme is as follows:
    Mon Chest/Tri
    Tue Back/Bi
    Wed Off
    Thurs Legs
    Fri Shoulder/Traps

Excluding warm-up, I complete three work sets for each exercise, reps ranging from 6-10. Major muscle groups get 3 exercises per, minor get 2. Legs are special; I do two exercises for quads, 2 for hams, and 2 for calves.

The pictures I have included are marked as to their perspective date. The re-comp you see has taken place over about 6 months of serious training. During this time I have done maybe, 10 cardio sessions. I know, I know, I’m rectifying that problem as of now. Reason I mention that is to illustrate what a sound diet can do for you.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jwainsworth; 11-20-2006 at 10:39 AM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello !

First of all, thanks for having made such a great an importan sacrifice by going in Iraq !! I'm in the Canadian Reserve Forces and a full-time student in Economics and I really enjoy serving my country (even if the Canadian army is sometimes not taken too seriously).

I have some weaknesses with my cardio. Do you think you could answer few questions from time to time ?

Cheers !

*subscribe*
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teufelhundenjwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Happy belated Veterans Day

daYDreAmErX,
    I may end up sounding like some sort of government propaganda, but it is a privilege to serve. Thank you for the acknowledgement. In return I will extend the same thanks to you and your service. My opinion is as long as you serve, you served. So thank you. Happy belated Veterans Day to you and all Vets!
    As much as I’m on here to learn, I’m also here to pass on what limited knowledge I have. Any and all questions are welcome, as I will do my best to answer them completely.
    Good luck in your endeavors.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    teufelhundenjwa
    You are right, it is a privilege to serve. My opinion might differs a little from yours, but that doesn't really matter. I think that we, inidividuals first, must defend our freedom and our individual rights.

What is fine about Veterans Day is that it is also my birthday. Each time, it touches my heart so deeply, my eyes are almost filled with tears.

Hope to read your workouts soon. I'm more into powerlifting, so if you have any strength questions, feel free to ask !
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

Monday back/bi's

Monday evening was Back and Bi’s. As stated before I will not be including the details of my warm-up sets. Rest assured that prior to any workout I hit the elliptical for 5 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of stretching, followed by 4 light warm-up sets of my first exercise. With that being said here is what it looked like:
    Chin Ups 12, 10, 8
    Lat Pull Down 8x125, 6x130, 4x137.5
    V Handle Row 8x140 6x150 4x160
    1 Arm DB Row 8x80, 6x85, 4x90
    EZ BB Curl 8x95, 6x105, 4x115
    Inc DB Curl 8x40, 6x45, 4x50
    I take 120 seconds b/t sets and exercises. I emphasize form over poundage.

Today diet/training looks like this (supp’s stay the same as post #1 until otherwise noted):
    6:30 am 8 egg whites, 1/3 cup cheese, ½ multi grain bagel
    9:30 am 1 scoop protein, 1 serv Triscuits, 1 tbsp PB
    12:30 pm large salad w/1 pouch tuna, 2 pc’s whole-wheat low carb bread
    3:30 pm 1 scoop protein, 1 serv Triscuits, 1 tbsp PB
    5:00 pm Cardio/Abs
    Tonight being Tuesday, I will do 30 minutes on the elliptical and my ab routine, which is as follows:
    Hanging Knee Raises 3 sets @ 15 reps
    Dec Crunches 3 sets @ 15 reps
    Rev Crunches 3 sets @ 15 reps
    I’ll take 60 seconds b/t sets and exercises.
    6:30 pm 4 oz turkey, 1 multi grain wrap, med salad
    8:30 pm 1 scoop protein
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Gluttony

Just like many American’s, on turkey day I overindulged in both food and drink. 7 deadly sins come to mind, actually just 1 in particular…Gluttony. All that’s left to do now is repent, and try no to do the same for Christmas. I ended up working out on Wednesday 112206, Chest and Tri’s:

BB Flat BP 10x205, 8x215, 6x225, 1x275
    Inc DB BP 8x80, 6x85, 4x90
    Flat DB Fly 8x40, 6x45, 4x50
    Cable Fly 8x6, 6x7, 4x8
    Dips 6x70, 4x70

Tonight I will be revamping my diet and my training split and hit the gym with renewed vigor and determination.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Chest and Tri's

4:30 AM Tuesday morning I started the day off with 45 minutes on the treadmill. Low intensity, per the machine I ended up burning between 350 and 400 calories.
    6:30 AM 6 egg whites, 1 pc low carb wheat bread, 1 tbsp natural PB.
    9:00 AM 1 scoop protein, 1 pc low carb wheat bread, 2 tbsp natural PB.
    11:30 AM Med salad w/1 pouch tuna, 2 pcs low carb wheat bread.
    2:30 PM 1 scoop protein, 1 pc low carb wheat bread, 1 tbsp natural PB.
    3:30 PM 1 serv long grain & wild rice.
    4:00 PM 1 Animal Pak, 1 serv GB/WB.
    5:15 PM Chest/Tri’s
    Flat DB BP 12x30, 10x40, 8x50, 8x85, 6x90, 4x95
    Inc DB BP 8x60, 6x70, 4x80
    Dec Hammer BP (lbs per arm) 8x90, 6x95, 4x100, 12x135
    Weighted Dips 8x45, 6x50, 5x55
    Skull Crushers 8x90, 6x100, 4x110
    EZ Push Down 8x80, 6x90, 4x100, 12x50
    6:30 PM 2 tbsp Tang, 5 grams glut, 5 grams creatine.
    7:00 PM 1 scoop protein.
    8:00 PM 4 oz turkey, 1-cup long grain & wild rice.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As an ex army grunt, welcome back jarhead. Also, you did a good job!!! Don't let anyone tell you different! While we may have been in different services, we are still "brothers in arms". Working out will help you ease your mind, as it does help produce beneficial chemicals in the brain. And as you see your gains you will help rebuild your own self esteem. I will keep watching your log, as I know I will learn something new.
    Know your enemy, so when the balloon goes up you will know who to shoot first.

You can never have too many guns nor too much ammo!

Back/bi

As of this morning I have decided to switch my workout back to the early AM, I’m talking 4:30 to be exact. My strength isn’t as high as it is in the afternoon, but having all the equipment to yourself and choosing the radio station has its advantages. This morning I worked out back and bi’s. The workout was as follows:

Chin Ups 8,6,4
    V Row 8x150, 8x180, 8x195
    Lat Flexor Pull Down 8x180, 8x195, 8x210
    Hammer Low Row 8x45, 8x55, 8x65
    BB Curl 8x95, 8x105, 5x110
    EZ Curl 8x90, 6x100, 5x110
    Inc DB Curl 8x35, 8x40, 6x45

All in all it was a good workout. Mind muscle connection is very much important to me, however I find it difficult to obtain a decent pump whilst working out my back . Is that normal? I always leave the gym on back day and think that I could have done more, but with 12 sets for back wouldn’t anymore constitute over-training? Any input is greatly appreciated.

My diet is going to be slightly modified and posted tomorrow. Everyone have a great Friday and an enjoyable weekend. I have tickets to the SEC Championship Bowl game. The girl I’m dating is a big Razorback fan, and she picked them up. All though I’m a Buckeye fan, a bowl game is just that, a bowl game.

To dmr11, it’s good to read from another Vet. I too appreciate your service, dedication, and willingness to sacrifice. I never got into the “My branch is better” mentality. Of course I take great pride in being a US Marine, but all of the branches have a purpose. The purpose may be different, but a purpose nonetheless. You are very right in the sense that working out has eased my mind. It’s obviously a wonderful outlet for stress. The chemicals are also a great “side effect” if you will. I look forward to learning from whomever I can. Thanks for the input and have a great day. Ooh-Rah!
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmr11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about you, but I come from a long line of those who served, all the way back to before our war of independence. While I was Army, my Dad was Army Air Corp and my brother was Air Force. To serve is not a duty, it is an HONOR. To workout to help keep yurself fit is also an honor. But most people do not want to see it that way. By staying fit you help keep down the cost of health care. So, stick with it and continue to be an inspiration to many you will never even know nor know of.

0445 hrs...

4:45 AM Chest/Tri’s
    Flat DB BP 12x30, 10x40, 8x50, 8x85, 6x90, 4x95
    Inc DB BP 8x60, 6x75, 6x85
    Hammer Inc BP 8x45, 6x55, 4x57.5, 12x25
    Dips 8, 8, 8,
    Skull Crushers 8x80, 8x90, 8x100
    EZ Push Down 8x80, 8x90, 8x100, 12x50

Good workout overall, but I could tell I didn’t adhere to my nutritional regiment this past weekend. Wasn’t able to mentally focus like usual. There’s always tomorrow.

I'm only going to post my diet when changes are made, as well as my supp's.

dmr11, I agree with what your saying. I think you and I probably have a lot of similar views. It's good to find someone else with a little common sense Which as we all know isn't too common.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

You are right, common sense is not that common, anymore. 0445? Man you get up earlier than I do, but I do have to be at work at 0700. I workout after work, helps workout the stress of the day. I do cardio in the mornings, 40 to 45 min five days a week. My diet is not the best, but I am getting better. But having been raised on beans and rice, my diet was not that bad to begin with. However, on my schedule attempting to eat 6 times a day just will not work. Once my workouts settle down some i will post them. Right now I am just attempting to "tune" it for myself.

4:45 AM Back/Bi’s
    Chin Ups 8, 6, 4
    Smith Mach. BB Row 8x185, 6x205, 6x225
    V Handle Cable Row 8x165, 8x180, 6x210
    1 Arm Hammer Row 8x45, 8x55, 6x65
    BB Curl 8x100, 6x105, 4x110
    EZ Curl 8x90, 6x100, 4x110
    Inc DB Curl 8x40, 6x45, 4x50

Decent workout. I’m still playing around with me weights, trying to get a good starting point to base my increments on. The rest of this week will be figuring these baseline weights.

dmr11, I think I’ll always be a morning person. Just one of those things that gets engraved into your skull. You mentioned that it is difficult to get 6 meals in per day due to your schedule. Just a suggestion, 3 of my meals is the exact same thing. I have a piece of low carb/high fiber bread with 2 tbsp PB, and 1 scoop protein in water. This may take me 5 minutes to eat if that. This is just a suggestion.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Friday Morning

Flat DB BP 12x30, 10x40, 8x50, 12x70, 10x75, 8x80
    Inc DB BP 12x50, 10x55, 8x60
    Seat DB MP 12x35, 10x40, 8x45
    Seat DB Side Lateral 12x10, 10x15, 8x20
    Dips 20, 15, 12
    Skull Crushers 12x50, 10x60, 8x70
    1 Arm Cable Push Down 12x20, 10x20, 8x20 ( Right arm I did 12 reps on all sets)
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Yesterday being Monday morning I decided to start this week off with 60 minutes of cardio performed on the treadmill. Today being Tuesday I will be hitting Chest/Shoulders and Tri’s. My diet has remained the same but I have cycled off of creatine.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Thumbs down Slacker

I have been slacking off for about a month now. Not to make excuses, but with work, the holidays, and being a bit ill I decided to take some time off. Boy am I ever regretting it nowL. I was 195 pounds prior to my break, I now weigh 207. I realize it’s not all fat, probably a good part bloat, but none the less I’m not happy. After laying low for about a week, and getting my diet back in check I have decided to get back into my routine. I knew I was going to lose some strength, but not to the extent that I did. With all of that being said here is what my workout looked like:
    Chest/Tri’s
    Flat DB BP 12x30 12x30 10x45 10x45
    12x60 8x65 4x80
    Inc DB BP 12x30 10x45 5x60
    H Wide BP 12x45 12x70 12x90
    Cable Fly 12x10 12x15 12x20
    Dips 12 10 8
    Skulls 12x45 12x55 10x65
    EZ PushDown 12x50 10x65 8x72.5

This is definitely a below average workout. I’m thinking it will take about a month or so to get fully back into the swing of things. I have however switched up my supps. I’m currently taking the following (these are all per day):
    Animal Pak x1
    Vit E x2 servings
    Vit C x2 servings
    Calcium x2 servings
    Fish Oil x3 servings
    Axis NE2 x2 servings
    High Power CEE x1 serving
    Xtend x6 scoops (3 servings)
    Glycergrow x3 scoops (1 serving)
    ZMA x1 serving
    On protein
    Nectar

Wednesday is going to be back/bi’s. I can’t wait!
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Glad to see you back. I am also glad that I was not the only one to suffer a "set back". I would say that we should have a "contest" to see who can get back into a good schedule of workouts, but you would win. I just do not have any strength left at the end of a work day. My sups are different from yours, but even then they just do not produce any energy. Very hard to get in a complete workout, even when eating right and getting enough sleep. Even pulled a muscle in my neck changing the oil in my Mother's car over the weekend. I am even having to push myself to do my cardio every day, something I used to really enjoy.

Back on the wagon!!!

I've finally made it back to the wagon Been away for far too long. What with changing jobs 2 separate times and moving twice (across state lines might I add), it was easy to quite working out all together. I just didn't have the time (which I know is just an excuse). Enough about this BS.
    Started back about 6 weeks ago. After such a long layoff, my strength has plummeted to an almost embarrassing low:/ With that being said, I've began a Max-OT style routine. I know that everyone has their own "flavor" when it comes to rep schemes. I choose this one because it seemed like a good medium b/t power lifting and bodybuilding. Figure I'll give this an 8 week go and make adjustments from there.
    My workouts have been as follows (warm up sets not included):

011708 Quads/Hams/Calfs
    BB Squat 6x205 6x225 2x275
    Leg Press 6x360 6x450 6x630
    Str8 Leg Dead Lift 6x95 6x115 6x135
    Hypers 12xBW 12xBW 12xBW
    Mach Stand CR 10x135 10x155 10x175
    Mach Leg Press CR(1) 10x135 10x135 10x135
    ss w/Mach Leg Press CR(1) 10x155 10x155 10x155

011808 Back/Traps/Bi
    Bent BB Row 6x155 6x175 6x185
    V Handle Row 6x180 6x200 6x220
    1 Arm DB Row 6x70 6x75 6x80
    DB Shrug 12x60 12x65 12x70
    Cable Up Row 12x50 12x57.5 12x65
    BB Curl 6x90 6x100 6x100
    Seat DB Curl 6x30 6x35 4x40

012108 DayChest/Tri's
    Flat BB BP 6x205 3x215 2x225
    Inc DB BP 6X70 6X75 3X80
    Hammer Dec BP 6x90 6x115 6x135
    Dips 6xBW 6xBW 6xBW
    EZ Push Down 6x80 6x95 6x105
    1 Arm Push Down 6x25 6x30 6x35
    30 min cardio

012208 Back/Bi's
    Bent BB Row 6x185 6x185 6x185
    Lat Pull Down 6x100 6x120 6x130
    1 Arm DB Row 6x75 6x80 6x85
    V Handle Row 6x200 6x220 4x240
    BB Curl 6x80 6x90 6x100
    Seat DB Curl 6x35 6x40 4x45
    EZ Cable Curl 6x50 6x57.5 6x65

012308 Legs/Lower Back/Abs
    BB Squat 6x225 6x225 6x225
    Leg Press (elevation 4) 6x630 6x720
    Str8 Leg DeadLift 6x135 6x135
    Mach Stand CR 8x195 8x195
    Mach Leg Press CR 8x235 8x235
    25 min

012408 Shoulders/Traps
    BB MP 6x135 6x135 6x135
    Seat DB MP 6x60 6x60
    Std DB Side Lat 6x30 6x30
    BB Shrug 6x185 6x185
    BB Up Row 6x95 6x95
    Cable Up Row 6x80 6x80

012808 Quads/Hams/Calfs
    BB Squat 6x225 6x225 6x225
    Leg Press 6x720 6x720
    Str8 Leg DeadLift 6x155 6x155
    Std Mach Calf Raise 6x215 6x1215
    Leg Press Calf Raise 6x270 6x450
    30 min Cross Trainer/220 calories

012908 Chest/Forearms
    Incline BB BP 6x185 6x185 4x185
    Flat BB BP 6x185 6x185 6x185
    Dec BB BP 4x205
    BB Wrist Curls 8x65 8x75
    DB Wrist Curls 8x40 8x40

013008 Back/Traps
    BB Row 6x185 6x185
    V Handle Lat Pull Down 6x180 5x200
    Assisted Pull up 6xBW - 55 6xBW - 55
    Seat Cable V Row 4x220
    BB DeadLift 6x225 6x225
    BB Shrug 6x135 6x155
    30 min Cross Trainer/302 calories

This is current, thru this morning. Decent numbers, I?m just not use to doing such a low volume of work. Then again, the numbers don't lie. My weights are steadily going up, which is the point. Tomorrow is Shoulders and Tri's. Just FYI (also helps my ego), poundage's could be higher, I'm just trying to ramp it up slowly, seeing as how long my layoff was.
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 01-30-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Shoulders/Tri's

Seat DB MP 6x60 6x65 6x65
    Std BB MP 6x115 6x115
    Std DB Side Lat 6x30 6x30
    Skullz 6x80 6x100
    Cable Push Down 6x95 6x95
    OverHead DB Ext 1 Arm 6x80
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Saturday Feb 2nd

Str8 BB Curl 6x105 6x105 6x105
    DB Hammer Curl 6x50 6x55 6x55
    EZ Curl 6x95 6x95
    Knee Raises 2 sets @ 15 reps
    Inc Crunches 2 sets @ 15 reps

Decent workout, should be able to increase my numbers this upcoming week.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Tail bone:/

Was helping a friend out with an engine, and ended up busting my arse. Went to the doctor as my tail bone is noticeably bruised/inflamed. Doc told me to take a couple of days off. I guess this came at the right time. Per the Max-OT I'm suppose to take a week off every 8 weeks. First time doing this so we'll see how it goes. Even though I'm laid up I'm still getting at least 4 meals a day. Not 6 I know, but 4 is better than 3.
    With any luck I'll be back in the gym on Monday. Keeping my fingers crosses.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Back after a week off

Due to my ass being busted (on the ground, not the federallies), I only worked out Monday of last week. I've healed enough that I was able to get back in there this morning. Here are my numbers (warm-up not included):

Leg Press 3x820 6x720 4x730
    Hack Squat 6x180 6x230 6x270
    Str8 Leg DeadLift 6x185 6x185 6x185
    Hypers 6x25 6x25 6x25
    Mach Calf Raise 6x195 6x195 6x195
    Leg Press Calf Raise 6x540 6x540 6x540

Good workout, was a little overzealous I guess in regards to the leg press. I'll get there.
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 02-11-2008 at 07:12 AM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Also did 30 minutes cardio on Monday 021108.

6 PM Tuesday 60 minutes cardio at 150 BPM which is roughly 75% max.

5 AM Wednesday 021308
    BB BP 6x205 6x205 6x205 1x225
    Inc DB BP 6x70 6x70 4x70
    Seat DB MP 6x50 6x50 6x50
    Std DB Side Lateral 6x20 6x25 6x25
    Dips 6xBW 6x25 6xBW
    EZ Push Down 6x87.5 6x95 6x95

Tonight 60 minutes cardio around 6 PM.
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 02-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Diet

Daily Food Intake:
    4 AM Pre WorkOut - 1 serving high fiber oatmeal
    7 AM Post WorkOut - 16 oz Gatorade, 1 scoop Whey Protein
    8 AM 2 oz (dry) WW pasta w/olive oil & spices, 5 oz chicken breast, 85 grams brocolli
    10:30 AM 1 Healthy Choice meal, 4 Triscuits w/2 tbsp PB
    1 PM 2 oz (dry) WW pasta w/2 tbsp ragu, 5 oz chicken breast, 85 grams brocolli
    4 PM 8 Triscuits w/4 tbsp PB
    7 PM 4 oz fish or 4 oz lean beef (alternating every other day), med salad w/light dressing,
    9 PM 1/2 cup low fat CC, 28 grams mixed nuts

1 gallon+ H20
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 02-13-2008 at 08:01 AM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

60 minutes cardio.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Awesome diet and ouch @ cardio
    Government is for slaves

BJJ + Navy log:

DayDreamer

What's going on girl! I kind of fell off the face of the planet for a bit...but alas I'm back. If you don't mind me asking, are you still in the Canadian Force Reserve? Just being inquisitive.
    I was looking at your progress pics, hells yeah! You've definitely made some great gains. Keep up the good work

Tonight is Back/Traps and Bi's, followed by 30 minutes cardio.

I appreciate you taking the time to drop by. Enjoy your weekend.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

6:30 AM 1 serving oatmeal, 6 egg whites
    9 AM 1.5 oz (dry) WW pasta, 4.5 oz chicken breast, 85 grams broccoli
    12:30 PM 1.5 oz (dry) WW pasta, 4.5 oz chicken breast, 85 grams broccoli
    3:30 PM 1.5 oz (dry) WW pasta, 4.5 oz chicken breast, 85 grams broccoli
    6 PM Workout
    Lat Pull Down V Handle 6x200 6x200 5x200
    BB Row 6x135 6x135 6x135
    V Handle Seated Row 6x180 6x180 6x180
    DB Shrug 8x80 6x85 6x90
    Cable Up Right Row 6x87.5 6x87.5 6x87.5
    BB Curl 6x95 6x95 6x95
    Std DB Curl 6x40 6x40 6x40
    8 PM 16 oz Gatorade w/1 scoop whey protein
    9:30 PM 1 Healthy Choice Meal
    12:30 AM 2 pcs WW bread, 1 serving turkey lunch meat
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 02-16-2008 at 08:44 AM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

Saturday 021608

Squat 6x225 6x225 6x225
    Leg Press 6x630 6x680 6x720
    Str8 Leg DL 6x185 6x185 6x195
    Hypers 8x25 8x25 8x25
    Mach Calf Raise 8x175 8x175 8x175
    Peg Press Calf Raises 8x540 8x540 8x540
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"

1st Week 12x10x8 Style

4 AM 6 egg whites w/peppers & tomatoes
    4:45 AM 1 regular Red Bull
    5:15 AM

Flat BB BP 6x205 6x205 6x205
    Inc DB BP 12x50 10x55 8x60
    Dec BB BP 12x155 10x165 8x170
    Seat DB MP 12x40 10x45 8x50
    Std DB Front Lateral 12x15 10x20 8x25
    Rear Deltoid Mach Row 12x100 10x120 8x130

7 AM 8 oz skim milk w/1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp Gatorade powder w/5grams creatine & 5 grams glut
    8 AM 1 Healthy Choice meal
    10 AM 1.5 oz (dry) WW pasta, 4 oz chicken breast, 85 grams broccoli, 3 tbsp spaghetti sauce, 1.5 tsp Parmesan cheese
    12 PM 1 tbsp Gatorade powder w/5g creatine & 5g glut
    12:30 PM 1.5 oz (dry) WW pasta, 4 oz chicken breast, 85 grams broccoli, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tsp Parmesan cheese
    3:30 PM 1 StarKist tuna Meal-To-Go
    5:30 PM 60 minutes cardio (580 calories burned), afterwards 1 tbsp Gatorade powder w/5g creatine & 5g glut
    7 PM 4 oz lean beef, med salad w/light dressing, 1 mini WW Bagel, 1 multi, 1 vit C
    9:30 PM 6 egg whites w/peppers & tomatoes, 1 oz mixed nuts, 4 pcs turkey bacon

176 oz water
    Supps: 15 grams creatine mono (Loading week, Day 1), 1 multi, 15 grams glut, 1 vit C

Good day of eating and training. Do it again tomorrow.
    Last edited by teufelhundenjwa; 02-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    Respectfully Submitted
    Sgt USMC
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"