Jeffinchico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Simple Carbs while bulking?

When I was cutting I also ate brown rice and whole wheat pasta. I ate no simple carbs. Now that I am bulking are white rice and regular pasta ok? or are they only ok for say a post workout meal?

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, bro, first off, those carbs (i.e. white rice and pasta) are not simple carbs actually. By definition, they'd be considered polysaccharides, as they are long chains of glucose molecules. I also don't think that the classification of carbohydrate choices as "simple" and/or "complex" is valid for bodybuilders. These classifications do very little justice for the physiological response in the body.

Now, to answer your question. I would stick with brown over white rice, unless it's a very long-grain white rice or in your first post-workout meal. Pasta is definitely a solid choice at any time, as long as it's a whole-grain/whole-wheat pasta and/or protien-enriched. Even if it fits that classification, I wouldn't go overboard with it, and I'd recommend that oats, oat bran, beans, multi-grain breads, vegetables and fruits make up the bulk of your carbs. Focus on unrefined, grainy carbs. And focus on good fats.
    Unstoppable Confidence