georgetok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What is Best BCAA, Glutamine & Creatine ?

Hi,

I am new to body building or rather keeping fit. I am not as young as most of you guys. I am over 40 and have tried many supplements & spent a lot of money but not as much return of my hard earned money that I can't efford to waste anymore & need your help.

Here are some of the problems that I am facing right now & need your feed back & help.

I tried two BCAA of popular brands & both turn into almost insoluble cement kind of really hard stuff when I mix it with water or juice.

Why & which is best BCAA ?

I am taking whey protein isolates of brands like Ergo Pharm & Prima force. Do I need Extra BCAA ?

I am also taking Glutamine from AST GL3 but it seems to make my heart race little more. Is this commom and has anyone experienced it ? If so what alternative brand of Glutamine should I try ?

I have tried Primaforce Creatine powder & MRI creatine. Not much improvement as the hype associated with Creatine Ehtyl Easter. Any suggestions ?

I am willing to spend & give it a try but lost in a jungle of supplemnts.

Iam vegeterian.

I need suggestions for :

Good protein
    Creatine
    Glutamine
    BCAA

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

George.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by georgetok
    Hi,

I am new to body building or rather keeping fit. I am not as young as most of you guys. I am over 40 and have tried many supplements & spent a lot of money but not as much return of my hard earned money that I can't efford to waste anymore & need your help.
    RESPECT ! Here are some ideas that MIGHT help:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...05&postcount=3
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...11&postcount=4

I am taking whey protein isolates of brands like Ergo Pharm & Prima force. Do I need Extra BCAA ?
    No... totally optional. Welcome to BB.COM and good luck !!
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

georgetok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    RESPECT ! Here are some ideas that MIGHT help:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...05&postcount=3
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...11&postcount=4

No... totally optional. Welcome to BB.COM and good luck !!
    Very kind of you. Really appreciate your help.

Can you suggest how to break down my workouts for different body parts because I am not young and can't do as many sets and also takes me longer to recover from my workouts.

Thank You in Advance.

George

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try a Push Pull Legs Set up

Monday Push:
    Chest
    Delts
    Tri's

Wends Pull:
    Back
    Bi's
    Traps

Friday:
    Quads
    Hams
    Calves

SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SI03 Board Rep is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi,

Here are some of the problems that I am facing right now & need your feed back & help.

I tried two BCAA of popular brands & both turn into almost insoluble cement kind of really hard stuff when I mix it with water or juice.

Why & which is best BCAA ?

I am also taking Glutamine from AST GL3 but it seems to make my heart race little more. Is this commom and has anyone experienced it ? If so what alternative brand of Glutamine should I try ?

I have tried Primaforce Creatine powder & MRI creatine. Not much improvement as the hype associated with Creatine Ehtyl Easter. Any suggestions ?

I am willing to spend & give it a try but lost in a jungle of supplemnts.

Iam vegeterian.

I need suggestions for :

Good protein
    Creatine
    Glutamine
    BCAA

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

George.
    Protien: a good whey protien like Nectar or Isopure would be good for you.
    Creatine: Swole V3 has plenty of solid feedback if you didn't like CEE that may be one you want to try.
    Glutamine: GluFM is a good one to try it is 100% miconized and 100% all natural
    BCAA: Xtend and Ice are about the top ones htat I would recommend.

Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100) Forthecross11 is not very well liked. (-100)
    as far as BCAA's go i really just simply like the BCAA's from vitamin shoppe...im not saying that because i work there, i think they are worth the money
    X-Factor
    Activate Xtreme
    SizeOn
    Superpump 250
    ON Banana Cream
    NOW Ecogreen
    Scivation Xtend

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am taking whey protein isolates of brands like Ergo Pharm & Prima force.
    I need suggestions for :

Good protein
    I am assuming you are taking either Ergopharm's GF-Pro or I-Pro protein? If so, you are already taking one of the better WPIs out there.

If you are looking for something cheaper, I would suggest Dymatize Elite whey ... its a isolate and conc blend and gets many positive reviews on this forum.

uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100) uscjtw77 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Forthecross11
    as far as BCAA's go i really just simply like the BCAA's from vitamin shoppe...im not saying that because i work there, i think they are worth the money
    bump

dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10) dbbass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by eldawg
    I am assuming you are taking either Ergopharm's GF-Pro or I-Pro protein? If so, you are already taking one of the better WPIs out there.

If you are looking for something cheaper, I would suggest Dymatize Elite whey ... its a isolate and conc blend and gets many positive reviews on this forum.

Dymatize Elite whey is a good protein and so is nectar both are really great products and get awsome feed back on this forum.

Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If your stomach can handle it, just use regular concentrate. You can save more money there than anywhere else. Especially considering how much protein some take in.

Glutamine/Creatine just choose a name brand. No need to get anything fancy, just get economy sized powders versions of both.

BCAA's: Xtend or Ice or you can buy bulk powder version, but it won't dissolve that well vs the original 2 mentioned.
    I used to own things.

I get banned a lot for telling the truth.

RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRFB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get a good protien Isolate like Nectar, or Dymatize for the protien. For creatine I would use a plain Mono is I was you since you don't like CEE. Xtend is by far the best way to go when it comes to BCAA's.
    If you let the devil ride he is going to want to drive

My ZMP super sleep log with ZIMA Nutrition
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=942428

J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Hey there, im definitely on the young end of this board but I still know a bit about supps. After reading your post I wasn't sure if you were saying that you were over weight or not. Either way here are some great supps.

A great protein is Optimum 100% whey, over 4 grams of glutamine as well as 5 grams of BCAAs in each scoop. Along with that it also has less fat, carbs, cholesterol and all the other crap so that could also help if you are cutting weight.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Since you get a great deal of BCAAs in your protein powder alone it is really not necessary to supp them. If you really want to go out of your way and spend money then a decent BCAA that comes in pill form is Optimum BCAA 1000 Caps. Im saying that one because you will not be having any problems with mixing into you drink anymore.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/bc.html

An awesome creatine is Fusion Purple K. Im currently using it and feel amazing when I lift while on it. It is kre-alkalyn so it is supposed to be 10x more effective then normal mono or cee. It is in pill form but I crack them open into my shakes most of the time anyways since kre-alk is virtually tasteless.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fus/purple.html

I agree with SI03 Board Rep when he says that GluFM is a good product as like he said, its 100% mirconized and well natural I guess but who need natural anyways? Haha It should go perfectly with a pre-workout shake to keep those old muscles ticking . Even though most people say that they don't get great results from glutamine and that you should take more then what the bottle recommend, remember that the serving size on the bottle is usually there for a reason :P. You also get a decent amount of glutamine from your protein powder so you shouldn't have a problem.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/glufm.html

Well there it is, anyways you have to remember that what works for one person will not always work for someone else and that supps are very much so a trial and error thing that you must go through. I wish you all the best with your BB experience.

Justin

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Very kind of you. Really appreciate your help.

Can you suggest how to break down my workouts for different body parts because I am not young and can't do as many sets and also takes me longer to recover from my workouts.

Thank You in Advance.

George
    I would recommend a upper / lower routine, but it really depends on how often you can hit the gym.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

TGIF~ Thank God Im Female saraj's Avatar
    saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10) saraj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    All are very good I would try all.
    I play the game. I Play it Smart my energy comz from da Heart I use my head I move my Feet dont mess w/ me I'm 1OO% AThlete!

If YoU cAn'T tAkE tHe PaIn, DoN't PlAy ThE gAmE

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by J-dubz
    Since you get a great deal of BCAAs in your protein powder alone it is really not necessary to supp them. If you really want to go out of your way and spend money then a decent BCAA that comes in pill form is Optimum BCAA 1000 Caps. Im saying that one because you will not be having any problems with mixing into you drink anymore.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/bc.html
    The BCAA you get from taking a powder, such as Xtend, ICE, EXCELL, etc., are free form and are not the same as the ones found in whole foods and protein powders, which are bonded. Please read below.

The metabolic effects seen from ingesting free-form amino acids are different from ingesting the same amino acids when they are in a whole protein (peptide bond). The rapid flushing of the system with the particular amino acid exerts a much more powerful activation of its target pathways. For example, if you were to ingest 5 grams of free-form arginine pre-workout you would notice a greater pump then without it. If you were to ingest 5 grams of arginine in the form of a whole protein (1) you’d have to eat a ton of protein to acquire the 5 grams of arginine and (2) the rate of delivery would be much slower and (3) you would not be flooding your system with a large dose of arginine at one time. The same holds true for BCAA. Ingesting 10 grams of BCAA will lead to greater activation of mTOR, PI3K, etc.* than ingesting 10 grams of BCAA from a whole protein.
    To answer the question of the OP, here are some good options that are definitely worth looking at.

Protein Blend:

Dymatize Elite Whey
    Higher Power 100% Whey Power
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein

Protein Isolate:

url=http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html]Syntrax Nectar[/url]
    Nature’s Best Zero Carb Isopure
    Primaforce Substance WPI
    Prolab Isolate
    AST VP2
    ErgoPharm GF Pro

Creatine:

Prolab Creatine Monohydrate (CreaPure)

Glutamine:

[url=http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/glufm.html]Syntrax GluFM
    Primaforce GlutaForm

BCAA:

Scivation Xtend
    MRM BCAA+G
    Xtreme Formulations ICE
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J-dubz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good to know, I personaly didn't know that I learn something new every day... Thats why I love this site