Bill22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can u guys help me figure out which is better for me...low carb or low calorie diet??

hey guys i have a question.

can u help me figure out which may be better for me. i lost already 57 pounds, down from 212 to 157, well actually now i am 155. i am 5'7 and am 22. i have a little fat left, on my lower stomach. i dont wanna lose any more weight in pounds, becuz i dont think i need too , and also i dont wanna definatly get below 150 cuz then i wont be able to lift as much weight adn then my muscles will get smaller or wont grow, etc....but anyways, to lose this last bit of fat, is it really necassary to lose weight, or can i lose fat without dropping more pounds. should i continue on a low calorie type diet, creating a calorie deficit which will result in me losing more weight, or maybe is upping my calories a bit to maintain my current weight better while going on a low carb diet. i guess my basic question is, does being on a low carb diet better effect fat burning as opposed to just lowering body weight as maybe a low calorie diet does??

thanks to everyone who may respond

Location: BB.Com retirement community. Tanning with TIL, Rottie, etc
    devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well whether you are doing keto or 40/40/20 for example you have to be eating below your maintenence level. If you are not, it doesn't matter what kind of diet you are on. You will not lose any weight.

Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since you only have a little left to lose I would suggest eating enough to maintain current weight and concentrate on building lean mass. It will take longer to lose the fat that way but you should be able to increase your metabolism with the added lean mass. Be realistic in setting your goal. Don't expect it to happen overnight. You have already proved that you can lose the weight. Now work on maintaining and building lean mass. Just my 2 cents worth.

Viola
    Lead..Follow..Or Get Out Of The Way!!!

07-02-02 170 lbs 5'5" 36% bf
    12-24-02 147 lbs
    03-14-03 152 lbs 25% bf
    03-20-03 150 lbs 24% bf

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bill,

for you bro i would not suggest doing a low carb type diet....its more for people who want to drop 15+ pounds.

Do a low call type diet....12 calories X bodyweight....which is approx 1850cals. You can also do 15cals X bodyweight if you like too but you wont lose it as fast.

Just remember to keep your protein intake at about 100-160 grams/day. Carbs at about 150-200 and Fat under 50 grams.

Take one day where you have a cheat meal or 2 to keep sane.

hope this helps bro.

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect