virtualdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) virtualdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up New Rack and set up- stoked!

i have had my new Yukon rack and Body solid bench for about 3 weeks now. I really dig it. it was a tossup for me between the Yukon and the NYBB's set up. The rack i got i added on the peck deck and the lat pull down and row. Feels great to use it all. i am going in for surgery in a few days so i won't be lifting for about a week probably :-(

The one thing i don't do *yet* is squats. Just because i have a back dilemma with some nerve stuff. But all the other excersises i am really diggin' and they all feel good. I did try a cheese ball flooring with some mats that don't work to well. But down the road i'll deal with that. i'm not lifitng the mats- just the iron ;-)

here's the link http://www.pbase.com/v_dave/gym

both the rack and becnh exeeded what i thought i would get once delivered. I imagine the rack will last forever. The bench 1/2 of that ;-)

dave
    http://www.pbase.com/v_dave/gym

Alternating:

1 week: MWF- back and bicep

1 week: MWF- tricep and chest
    ----

Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by virtualdude
    ......i have had my new Yukon rack and Body solid bench for about 3 weeks now. I really dig it. The one thing i don't do *yet* is squats. Just because i have a back dilemma with some nerve stuff. But all the other excersises i am really diggin' and they
    Good Luck with everything. As far as the "back dilemma with some nerve stuff" goes, you could try a few things to get around that. Heres a few suggestions for 'squats' with less stress on the back. These are not necessarily in order of importance: Shrug/trap bar deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, front squats, safety bar squats, hip belt squats, and step ups.
    Don't complicate things by making things complicated.....

virtualdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) virtualdude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hopefully i will get to them. Maybe just work on form for a couple weeks and get the thing down. i am seeing my legs (fat) shrink and can see that some extra muscle there would be pretty sweet :-)

Alternating:

----

mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    nice setup but just a quick question

how high is your ceiling? because I want to get a rack about the same height and want to see how it would fit
    149.1 LBS
    5 feet 10 inches
    12% body fat
    13 years old
    144395 point(s) total
    seriously who keeps changing my sig?

itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50) itsallgood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know how you feel, I just got a rack a couple of weeks ago, can't believe I worked out without one now! It's awesome!

rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks nice man! How much was the rack? What is the spacing of the holes?

Originally Posted by mikeygotz1
    nice setup but just a quick question

how high is your ceiling? because I want to get a rack about the same height and want to see how it would fit
    not exactly sure- i did measure and i think it was 90 or more incehes to the cross 2x4 's everyywhere. The specs on the yukon were something like 82 or 87 can't remember off the top of my head on that either. it's in my garage- so it may differ in a house. also i imagine most of the racks like this are similar in height so you can probably scope it out and just run a tape up to your ceiling.

Alternating:

----

Originally Posted by itsallgood
    I know how you feel, I just got a rack a couple of weeks ago, can't believe I worked out without one now! It's awesome!
    which rack did you get? But your right man. I mean I had a weider thing (like a bowflex) and it was ok. But I'm way more into the rack and the add ons. the lat pull downs feel great, the pck flies feel great. it's just killer! ;-)

Alternating:

----

Originally Posted by rm41400
    I think it was about $700-$800 and the attachments were about $250 and $150 i think. i got it all as a package set up. Still thinking about cable cross overs. I would guess the spacing is roughly an inch apart. They are numbered so it's pretty easy to just change the support rods and the bar holder.

I was pretty impressed though- it's not cheap and it's not a toy. it's not commercial grade, but it's killer and it's strong :-) I can't imagine it ever breaking. might shake a nut or something loose sometime but the metal frame is not going anywhere!

afte reading posts in here and being pretty new to lifitng- i knew a rack was the way to go. i mean for the low $ it is a hard to beat investment. i'm sure i've blown $1,000 on other crap. This is well worth every dollar. just got to put time into it....roughly 90 minutes now on my lifting days. :-)

Alternating:

----

Originally Posted by rm41400

hey i was totally wrong. if you still take a look at this thread- the rack was only $400 or so. not sure what i was on the other night ;-)

also i think the holes may be an inch in a half. seems pretty spacious.

Alternating:

----