mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation possible contamination of ON gold standard whey protein and poor customer support

i noticed in my 5lb of strawberry whey protein from ON (i've been using this brand & flavor for a good 15 months+) and have noticed small white chunks of what appear to be clumped powder in the pink goodness of strawberry flavored protein.

i've contacted their customer support with very little response from them. infact it's been a couple days since i replied with the LOT number and EXP of the product and nada.

now i've never had problems with their product before but i'm wondering if this company is full of it now. i've had contact with other supplement companies that have had great customer care in response to my questions and comments about similar incidents; for example nutrabolics were more than helpful and even offered a product replacement right off the bat.

has anyone else had poor customer support from Optimum Nutrition? or is this just a coincedence? ....or am i simply over reacting to a lack of attention that i _should_ recieve as a customer if a product is contaminated?

below are the emails w/replies... and don't mind the german :P

Von: "Jes C." <xxxxx>
    An: "Amy Melone" <AMelone@optimumnutrition.com>
    Betreff: Re: RE: Optimum Contact Us Form: New Product
    Datum: Wed, 15. Nov 2006 20:59:07 +0100

sure thing >> lot no 406151B exp 05/08

hope that helps

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
    Datum: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:57:17 -0600
    Von: "Amy Melone" <AMelone@optimumnutrition.com>
    An: "Jesse C" <xxxxx>
    Betreff: RE: Optimum Contact Us Form: New Product

> Jesse do you have the lot number and expiration date for the product.
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: Jesse C [mailto:xxxxx]
    > Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 5:36 PM
    > To: Paul Michihara; Amy Melone
    > Subject: Optimum Contact Us Form: New Product
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > -----------------------------------------------
    > Contact Information:
    > Jesse C
    > xxxxx
    > xxxxxxxx
    > xxxxxx
    > xxxxxxxxxxxx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
    > hey, i\\\'ve been a long term user of your top notch protein powders
    > (over a yr and a half) and have found white chunks of stuff in it in the
    > most recent 5lb bottle... looks similar to dry wall bits, which i have
    > not seen in the other containers i bought (5lb gold standard
    > strawberry). i have an isolated sample of the white stuff sitting on my
    > desk at home. what is this stuff? there\\\'s no new ingredient from the
    > looks of it... thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > cheers,
    > Jes C
    > CONTACT ME REGARDING THIS ISSUE
    > ContactRequested

--
    Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
    Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pm On1

kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kris4153 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've seen some white clumps in my last two 10lb rocky road batches as well. They are very small and rare but I've seen them. I havent worried about it though. I just firgure it didnt mix well...
    The Seminoles of Florida State!
    F-L-O-R-I-D-A......S-T-A-T-E
    FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!!
    Woooooooooooooooo!!!!

2005 ACC CHAMPIONS
    2006 Emerald Bowl CHAMPIONS

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Coulaid
    Pm On1
    Yessir...

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ON1cwe/

mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000) mer-der-ah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kris4153
    I've seen some white clumps in my last two 10lb rocky road batches as well. They are very small and rare but I've seen them. I havent worried about it though. I just firgure it didnt mix well...
    ya i thought they were mold at first but were too easy to squish... most white mold that i've seen like that is rock like and doesn't break down so easily. also noted the white clumps don't mix well in the water/milk and kinda stand out in the drink floating there undissolved.

oh and i just pm'ed ON1, thx

so as a result of pm'ing ON1, who seems nice, i got contacted by Patrick O`Shea, who's apparently the quality manager... i guess the ball is rolling.... somewhat.

the following was sent in response to his email at Tue, 21. Nov 2006 02:07:09 +0100... which is like 8-9pm EST on tuesday. the email basicly explains that i still like the product yet asks for a location to send a sample of the contaminant or improperly mixed whatever that they're trying to tell me that it "more than likely" is. let's see how long it takes to get this matter resolved.

Hi Mr O`Shea,

I appreciate your response. I would be happy to send a sample of the white chunks as they have been of a low percentage of the product contents (probably ~1%, if that). Let me know where you'd like to recieve the samples at and I will dispatch the package at once.

I don't think that the experience will change my religious use of your company's protein powder as I haven't fallen ill or had gastrointestinal distress as a result of consumption. I still seem to be making steady gains and fulfilling my daily protein requirements. Again I do thank you for your assistance on this matter, Patrick.

Cheers,
    Jes C

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
    Datum: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:53:19 -0600
    Von: "Patrick O\'Shea" <osheap@optimumnutrition.com>
    An: xxxx@gmx.net
    Betreff: FW: RE: Optimum Contact Us Form: New Product

> Dear Mr. Carleton,
    >
    > We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with our Gold Standard
    > Strawberry Whey 5lb. that it was not found to your satisfaction. Upon receipt
    > of the lot information that you provided a retain sample from the same
    > batch was evaluated to see if similar findings could be found in our sample.
    > Upon screening the retain samples we found nothing of this nature in the
    > product for which you speak of. To further investigate these claims we would
    > like to get samples of the "dry wall bits" you have claimed to of found in
    > the product. I have copied the consumer affairs department who will be in
    > contact with you to get these back to us for further evaluation. Once we
    > get these we can determine what they are and give you a final determination
    > at that point. Again sorry to hear about this experience, once we get this
    > from you we will get it remedied and respond back to you. If you have
    > further questions concerning this please feel free to contact anyone of us on
    > this email.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Patrick O'Shea
    > Quality Manager
    > Optimum Nutrition

in ur frig eatin ur foodz sumguy's Avatar
    sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably enzyme blend or BCAAs, if the product you have has those added. Otherwise, I DNK.

caf07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just found some of this white stuff in my 5lb container...