Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post your tricks for inducing Ketosis QUICK!!!

Having a tough time getting into keto, how do you all get into keto fast!?

RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RonJ73 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From what I've been reading on it, it's almost like the higher the fat in the first day, the quicker you'll get into it. Some people suggested like 50-60 (or even more) percent of your calories coming from fat and as little carbs as possible. Like down to 15%.
    Ron J
    ----------
    Teamwork: A few harmless snowflakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction. www.despair.com

The opinions in this message are exactly that, my opinion and my view. If something is incorrect, feel free to correct me, but don't be a $&%@ about it.

Skumster225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try to eat anywhere from 0-20 carbs the first 2 days and up your fat intake. You should be in ketosis by then..

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try to get a little bit more of saturated fats.
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what would increasing saturated fat intake do? i've read that cleaner fats are better for keto. what are the best exercises to do to get into keto quicker?

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Getting into ketosis quickly is about dropping liver glycogen levels quickly.

The best way is to do low intensity cardio which will drop liver levels without dropping muscle levels too much.

Obviously, the lower your carbs the better but no need to go lower than 20g IMO. Don't take more than around 150g of protein, as conversion to glucose can occur.

Having said all that, try doing a heavy leg day (even better do a GVT routine, 10sets of 10rep squats), that'll see you back in ketosis pretty quick

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by IPR
    Having said all that, try doing a heavy leg day (even better do a GVT routine, 10sets of 10rep squats), that'll see you back in ketosis pretty quick
    Yup, I did legs yesterday and was back in after my carb up in no time.

so working large muscle groups helps to deplete liver glycogen levels quickly? I thought that this sort of anaerobic activity would deplete muscle glycogen more. and what are you taking as a shake after your leg workout?

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Jaxsurf
    so working large muscle groups helps to deplete liver glycogen levels quickly? I thought that this sort of anaerobic activity would deplete muscle glycogen more. and what are you taking as a shake after your leg workout?
    Yes, I take a shake after all w/o's including cardio.

My shake uses grape juice, to tryy and avoid preferentially repleting liver glycogen.

Remember, the liver will give up its glycogen to help maintain plasma glucose levels, so really anything that reduces plasma levels will help you get back in ketosis.

The reason for low intensity cardio being used is to induce ketosis and save muscle glycogen levels for your weighlifting days.