muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscledan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

heavy dumbbell flys?

hey all, i just finished a killer chest workout, and as part of my 5x5 i did dumbbell flys with 75 pounders for five slow reps.

i've always been a fan of flys, and always include strict flys in my routine. i do my flys super strict and slow, with the elbows bent slightly, but unmoving during the motion.

in arnolds encyclopedia he as a few illustrations of himself and jusop wilkosz flying with eighty pounders. so arnold flyed with eightys, but bench pressed 400+.

my question is: is it possible to do flys too heavy in contrast to your bench press, any of you have any experience with that? for instance, my fly weight is 75 after warmup, and my bench press is with just 100lb dumbbells after warmup.

so my fly/press ratio is 3/8, while arnolds would be 1/5!!!

should i even be worrying about this, or what do you guys think?

thanks

danny
    Last edited by muscledan; 11-14-2006 at 06:31 PM.
    the moment
    you own it
    you better never let it go, oh
    you only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow
    this opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

-eminem

DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DeGermaan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Arnold did the bench press with barbell. Your barbell bench press is higher than your dumbell bench press, so the fly/bench press ratio would be bigger.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DeGermaan
    Arnold did the bench press with barbell. Your barbell bench press is higher than your dumbell bench press, so the fly/bench press ratio would be bigger.

exactly!