Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy No Progress - Losing Motivation!!

I've been on the Cut Diet for 10 weeks now and I haven't seen any real results so far. I haven't lost or gained any weight and still look exactly the same as when I started. My stats are 5'9"- 200lbs - ~16% BF according to one of those electronic testers. (I actually got it done by Kim Klein, who owns my gym!) My strength is down which is to be expected, and I start crapping out towards the middle of my training sessions. I've also been moody.

I've pretty much been following the 3000k model to a T, with a few slight changes. I've been using PB for the fat source for most meals because it's cheap and convienient, although I do eat the avocado when I do have it. I've also been eating 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese for the last meal and sometimes meal #2. I've been eating green beans for most meals. I also sometimes skip the second grapefruit if I don't have enough to last the week.

For the refeeds, I've been eating 2 cups of oats, 6tbsp of raisins, 1tbsp of honey, and 3 tbsp of Smart Balance (The oats taste better than ice cream to me!)

I was using a push/pull/legs split, but now I'm trying out P-RR-S. As far as cardio, I try to get 10-20 minutes in whenever I can, but it's hard because of work, an 8 month old baby at home, and all the other stuff I do around the house. As for supplements, I only take met-Rx whey, CM, and a muli-vitamin because that's all my budget allows right now.

I know this diet works, because I've seen a lot of people have amzing results on this section of the board. I know that nothing works overnight, but after 10 weeks, I feel that I should be seeing something at least.

This morning I woke up miserable with no energy, so I stupidly decided to eat 1 cup of oats with some raisins and smart balance. I was supposed to have a refeed tonight, but I think I just screwed myself.

Please help guys, I really want this to work!!

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well if your not losing weight then why didnt you decrease cals or increase cardio? Sounds like your not doing enough cardio

How much cardio you doing right now?
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is not really the Cut Diet as we have outlined, please reread the book.

Calories DO matter, and you are getting over 500 calories in your refeed from Smart Balance ALONE!

That is not warranted with that ten minute cardio session.

Not trying to be mean, but truthful.
    Last edited by Scivation; 11-14-2006 at 07:33 AM.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bmk4476 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try to get in 10-20 minutes in at least 3 times a week after my workouts. It's tough though with stuff I have going on right now. I was thinking of maybe going down to 2500 calories to make up for it.

Also should I still have my refeed tonight despite my F#$% up this morning. I'm kicking myself right now.

Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bmk4476
    I try to get in 10-20 minutes in at least 3 times a week after my workouts. It's tough though with stuff I have going on right now. I was thinking of maybe going down to 2500 calories to make up for it.

Also should I still have my refeed tonight despite my F#$% up this morning. I'm kicking myself right now.
    Did you miss the whole "When and Where to Cut Calories" section?
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

I've read the book over and over and it says to cut calories only when you hit a plateau. I haven't seen any loss at all. Do you want me to post my exact meals?

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been on the Cut Diet for 10 weeks now and I haven't seen any real results so far. I haven't lost or gained any weight and still look exactly the same as when I started. My stats are 5'9"- 200lbs - ~16% BF according to one of those electronic testers. (I actually got it done by Kim Klein, who owns my gym!) My strength is down which is to be expected, and I start crapping out towards the middle of my training sessions. I've also been moody.

I've pretty much been following the 3000k model to a T, with a few slight changes. I've been using PB for the fat source for most meals because it's cheap and convienient, although I do eat the avocado when I do have it. I've also been eating 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese for the last meal and sometimes meal #2. I've been eating green beans for most meals. I also sometimes skip the second grapefruit if I don't have enough to last the week.

For the refeeds, I've been eating 2 cups of oats, 6tbsp of raisins, 1tbsp of honey, and 3 tbsp of Smart Balance (The oats taste better than ice cream to me!)

I was using a push/pull/legs split, but now I'm trying out P-RR-S. As far as cardio, I try to get 10-20 minutes in whenever I can, but it's hard because of work, an 8 month old baby at home, and all the other stuff I do around the house. As for supplements, I only take met-Rx whey, CM, and a muli-vitamin because that's all my budget allows right now.

I know this diet works, because I've seen a lot of people have amzing results on this section of the board. I know that nothing works overnight, but after 10 weeks, I feel that I should be seeing something at least.

This morning I woke up miserable with no energy, so I stupidly decided to eat 1 cup of oats with some raisins and smart balance. I was supposed to have a refeed tonight, but I think I just screwed myself.

Please help guys, I really want this to work!!
    Well first off sir...the cals you selected and the amount of activity do not match up well. the 3000 cal diet will give you well into high 3000 with carb load. You are only doing 10-20 min cardio. The cals are based on min 30 min. Also, the book states to begin reducing cals as your notice stick points. Were you reducing cals at all and increasing cardio? The cardio is critical when selecting calories.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Director of Research & Development
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    The Cutting Edge Athletics/Lake Forest, CA
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach
    Renaissance Club Sport/Aliso Viejo, CA

The refeed calls for 1 tbsp of Smart Balance for the oats and 2 tbsp for the sweet potato. I looked at the labels on the SB and PB and they are just about the same, so I replaced the PB for the SB. I also added more oats instead of the potato because I saw numerous posts here saying it was OK, just not optimal. If this is not the case, I'll eat the sweet potato.

I'm just asking for some guidance to get me on the right track. I've never done a "cut" so I guess I have no idea what I'm doing.

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read the book over and over and it says to cut calories only when you hit a plateau. I haven't seen any loss at all. Do you want me to post my exact meals?
    Well if you did not see any changes in 1-2 weeks then that would be a time to cut cals and INCREASE cardio.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach

To be honest, I just don't have the time to do 30 minutes of cardio every day. I thought the 10-20 minutes would be better than nothing at all. Doesn't the book say that the diet makes up 80% of loss?

To be honest, I just don't have the time to do 30 minutes of cardio every day. I thought the 10-20 minutes would be better than nothing at all. Doesn't the book say that the diet makes up 80% of loss?
    Yes and calories are based on activity levels. If you dont have the time for cardio, immediately go to the 2500 cal diet and give it 2 weeks. If you see no changes then, begin decreasing your calories as the book states. 3000 cals is far to high for your activity level.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian

Nutrition Coach

Even so, that's TOO MANY calories!
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    um.. you don't have time to put in another 10min of cardio?

i really don't want to sound rude, but you should probably look at your priorities. if a proper workout schedule isn't in there, then maybe you'll have to hold off on cutting. Adjust your diet with 500cal less and/or add in a little more cardio.
    Do you have time on other days? I don't really have enough time to do more than 20min after my workouts... but on Sundays, I do 90min of cardio to make up for my lack of cardio - perhaps you could do something similar? Just find a day where it's quiet, and go hammer at the gym on the treadmill or the bike.

10weeks without any progress is not good. You did, however, find your maintenance diet
    Still workin'

Originally Posted by Lil Freek
    10weeks without any progress is not good. You did, however, find your maintenance diet
    Optimism at it's FINEST! LOL
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

Thanks for your replies guys. I will go down to 2500 and go from there. Please don't think I'm being lazy, it's just that I only have 1 hour to train 4 nights a week. My wife and I both have to work full time and any free time get I want to spend with my her and playing with my 8 month old son. They are my priorities, hitting the gym is a luxury which a lot of guys I know do not have. I'm doing my best to balance everything and get some sleep each night too!! LOL

Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no worries. with all that in mind, then lowering your calories is your only option.
    best of luck, remember not to starve yourself, though, causes just plenty of damage, almost better over eating.... almost.
    Still workin'

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for your replies guys. I will go down to 2500 and go from there. Please don't think I'm being lazy, it's just that I only have 1 hour to train 4 nights a week. My wife and I both have to work full time and any free time get I want to spend with my her and playing with my 8 month old son. They are my priorities, hitting the gym is a luxury which a lot of guys I know do not have. I'm doing my best to balance everything and get some sleep each night too!! LOL
    best of luck and Im pretty sure the diet will work for you if you make the adjustments,I have the same priorities and busy all the time with master degree, work and family and im very pleased with the cut diet result

Originally Posted by Fuerza_M
    best of luck and Im pretty sure the diet will work for you if you make the adjustments,I have the same priorities and busy all the time with master degree, work and family and im very pleased with the cut diet result
    Glad to hear, thank you for the kind words. I also have a 15 month old and 1 on the way and wife works 4 days per week. Plus I work 10-14 hrs per day and luckily only need 3-5 hrs sleep. Its rough but BULK cooking while the Bengals are getting destroyed helps a ton. I do a 4 day split fyi...Get in Git'erDone and Get OUT.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian

Nutrition Coach

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted.

One more question (sorry for being a pain in the ass)...

I now get home from the gym around 10:15pm. I drink some whey on the way home, eat my last meal around 10:30 and go to bed around 11.

What do I do on refeed nights??

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ChuckRD
    Glad to hear, thank you for the kind words. I also have a 15 month old and 1 on the way and wife works 4 days per week. Plus I work 10-14 hrs per day and luckily only need 3-5 hrs sleep. Its rough but BULK cooking while the Bengals are getting destroyed helps a ton. I do a 4 day split fyi...Get in Git'erDone and Get OUT.
    THANK YOU GUYS for have this book and all INFORMATION for us,

And just $4.00 dlls,

Living the Dream, Baby! cute_asian_girl's Avatar
    cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This sounds like a great book. Does it work on women too? Where do I buy it?

*Also, do I have to eat grapefruit? I absolutly detest it! Is there a substitution? Akkk!
    Cute_Asian_Girl
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Originally Posted by cute_asian_girl
    This sounds like a great book. Does it work on women too? Where do I buy it?

*Also, do I have to eat grapefruit? I absolutly detest it! Is there a substitution? Akkk!
    Yes it does work for women. I use these methods for all my fitness and figure girls. Its free book at www.cutdiet.com just use the code CD6 at checkout and you just need to pay shipping and handling. The new volume 2 has the diets for women in the book, the original has the diets plans on the website.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian

Nutrition Coach

Living the Dream, Baby! cute_asian_girl's Avatar
    cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10) cute_asian_girl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cool. Thanks!
    Cute_Asian_Girl
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) seancraig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cute_asian_girl u should change your nick to greasified_ugly_piece_of_****_asian_girl. it suits u more.

frankieporter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kim Klein? Does she do diets?

A Lion, not a Sheep ChokeOnStrength's Avatar
    ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000) ChokeOnStrength is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by seancraig View Post
    Cute_asian_girl u should change your nick to greasified_ugly_piece_of_****_asian_girl. it suits u more.
    Wtf... none of that is needed in these forums buddy.
    'Lift till you see god"

Working with Layne Norton

PICP Level 1 Certified Coach
    PICP Level 2 Certified Coach

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1567461
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=101664301&posted=1#post101664301
    - CoS is Back -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111156421

Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey troll...how about you go f*ck yourself...no need for the put downs...

kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kitikiti has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bmk4476 View Post
    you may not be lazy, but you don't want to work hard enough! ask marc how he does it. you have similar situation with him but he has more responsibilities and yet gets the job done. try to read his articles and the contest prep. a lot can be learn from them. goodluck!

Registered User LatissimusDorsi's Avatar
    LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol are u serious? she is pretty hot.

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LatissimusDorsi View Post
    lol are u serious? she is pretty hot.
    I think I have a crush on her.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.