Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    asimr626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) asimr626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Can I Train Twice A Day???

Ive been training for around 10 months (Im 16 now, 17 next May). When I started training I was 110lbs, and now I am 158.4lbs, so have put on over 48lbs. I train each muscle group 1x p/week.

This is how my week looks:

Mon: chest
    tues: back
    wed: off
    thurs: bi's and tri's
    fri: delts and traps
    sat: quads, hams and calves

I train after college, so around 5pm ech day, apart from saturday, when I train around lunchtime. I eat as much as I can (I am bulking very cleanly).

So do you think I would be able to train twice on some days, e.g. on Monday do arms in the morning, and chest in the evening?

Do any of you train twice a day or more than 5x per week?

Thanks for any help or advice!

cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000) cupcakekid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no abs ?

doug06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As long as your eating right you probably could. I would recommend supps if you dont already. Also i wouldnt do arms and chest on the same day though. If you do Chest in the morning do abbs or legs in the arvo

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there is really no reason why you can't train your chest and arms in the same workout..

If your workout is very long doing this (i.e over 2 hours) take some bcaas and sip on a protein shake and some gatorade.

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can, but its not really necessary. One workout is more than enough to stimulate maximum growth.

If you workout twice a day for too long, it will most likely lead to overtraining, in which case your gains will be zero.

Most people workout too much.

Keep your workouts under an hour. If they drag on longer, then your routine is due for a serious overhaul

wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have trained 2 times a day with great results, but keep intensity low, as you working out alot in 1 day.

Also eat more, because your burning alot of cals.

Here's my current routine.

Mon: Legs
    Tue: Chest & Arms
    Wed: Back
    Thur: Legs
    Fri: Shoulders & Arms
    Sat: OFF
    Sun: OFF

Repeat.

Stop! training each bodypart once a week, at our age we have lots of test in our body.

Maybe that's just me, most say they get " burned out " i don't, and if you do so be it and go back to training each once a week.

But it's proven to increase more growth.
    Last edited by wanabeebig; 11-14-2006 at 01:54 AM.

pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pharaoh7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should do biceps on back day and triceps on chest day because they get worked during those anyway and you overtraining doing back on Tuesday and biceps again on Thursday for example.

No working out two times in a day is not a good idea. It'd probobly cause overtraining. You should increase the intensity of the workouts if you feel you're not getting the most out of it.

supaswoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supaswoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hell yea man workin out 2 times a day will get you jacked but you got to eat like a horse and workout smart. training early in the morning has many benefits that differ from your usual workout time. such as speeding up your metabolism and just shocking the **** out of ur muscles. its wild. get some supplements and look up some of the pros stuff to get an idea of working out twice a day. keep this in mind though its best to workout big to small. dont do like triceps before chest or biceps before back or back before leg or shoulders before chest dont do **** like that work your biggest muscles first then down to your smallest. like this

day 1- mornin- quads
    nite- hams
    day 2-mornin- chest
    nite-abs and calves
    day3 -morning-back
    nite-biceps
    day4- morning shoulders
    nite triceps

then just start from day one again or take maybe like a day off and start again

Jaspreet Singh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My friend used to lift twice a week and he definitely made improvements. Ofcourse, he knew how to balance his workout for morning and night, which is why i am against twice a day workouts. You do not want to go all out both times, which obviously lead to fatigue. Make sure you balance your workouts evenly. Also, i would advice that you do not do upperbody's twice in one day, because your whole upper body gets worked out in one session in one way or another. REMEMBER your body is not a machine!!! Listen to it

ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not If You're Inexperienced

DO NOT TRAIN TWICE A DAY IF YOU ARE INEXPERIENCED!

Honestly training twice a day is only good if you can get 8 hours of time (with a nap and plenty of protein/carbs) in between the workouts and even than you're gonna push your CNS to the limits within a month or 2. What are you going to gain by training twice a day anyway sounds like you have enough time to workout and not have to condense them and do two workouts a day so what's the point?

Also to the person who asked about abs it's not necessarily required to work your abs as they are a stabalizer on alot of lifts and on certain lifts you should have your ab's flexed anyway or maybe he didn't feel they were worth mentioning.

Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iliketolift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok here it is. There is NO reason to train twice a day unless you juice and have been working out for years.

Heres a better workout.

Backbi
    Dayoff
    Chest Tri
    Dayoff
    Legs SHoulders
    Dayoff

One of the MAIN things beginners leave out is rest time. When you rest is when you grow. Don't over do it. Focus on your mian lifts, barbellrow, barbellbench, deadlifts and squats, everything else comes after.
    Last edited by Iliketolift; 11-21-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Test-Freak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is under doing it IMO. ^

People are way to scared of over training.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE can tell you what you cannot and can handle in the gym.

This is why you train, take different paths, eating differently each bulk, to find what works for you.
    *Ron Paul 2008*

No PMs for sourcing, i won't respond.

ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZekeXX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Test-Freak
    That is under doing it IMO. ^

People are way to scared of over training.

NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE can tell you what you cannot and can handle in the gym.

This is why you train, take different paths, eating differently each bulk, to find what works for you.
    Correct, no one can tell him what will/won't work for him but at the same time it's a given that training twice a day will lead to a major CNS burnout if done for an extended period of time.

wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50) wanabeebig will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not if you do it smart. ^

See you guys are so damn scared of over training it's pethetic.

Example.

Am : Calves

PM : Quads and Hams

Tuesday

AM : Arms

PM : Back

Low intensity if you have too.

hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hotrod89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you can replenish your body and rest adequately in between sessions then yes. Arnold used to do it all the time.

And did you say you were in college?

Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can train 2x a day if you do it in a smart fashion.I train mainly for strenth and last year i would sometimes lift during my gym class at like 11am and do compound stuff like bench or squat and later in the day at like 5-7 i would do smaller movements and this seemed to work well . Just make sure not to push it all that hard in either of the workouts because if your going balls to the wall all the time thats how you overtrain. Make sure your eating enough to sustain your energy levels and also that your getting enough protein to counter balance the beating your putting on your body . Something else that might help also is stretching at some point in between your workouts to break up some of the lactic acid and toxins.
    Powerlifting

ATG S - 370 - 335 x 4
    Bench- 280 - 255 x 3
    Deadlift-460 - 402 x 6
    Total - 1110

Olympic lifting

front squat - 257
    Clean - 242
    squat + Behind the neck jerk - 222
    C + J - 210

UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by asimr626 View Post
    Ive been training for around 10 months (Im 16 now, 17 next May).
    I train after college
    um...whose in college at 16? did you skip like 3 grades and have a genius iq? or you just lying... and got caught like a dumbass? and if you are a genius well sry for being synical.

tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tee45peeolb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont train twice a day unless your on the roids

DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    College is slang for HS in britain and Colegio is spanish for High School, so he may be from either place.

About training twice a day -- I don't recommend it, but if you get a nap and some good clean calories in between work-outs and nice full rest days I don't think you would do any harm.

UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UnholyMarine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
    College is slang for HS in britain and Colegio is spanish for High School

*The More You Know*

Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
    College is slang for HS in britain and Colegio is spanish for High School

*The More You Know*

qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100) qtip69 is not very well liked. (-100)

Cool heres johnny!! again..

well my homo. i, some one who has trained on and off 4 almost 8 months now would say yes. yes u can train twice a day...

IF YOUR A P*SSY!!!

haha i train like 4 times a day. heres my muscle directory routine yo...

monday: session 1: chest
    session 2: shoulders
    session 3: chest
    session 4:willy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tuesday: rest day

wqednesday: sesion 1: chest
    session 2: arm
    session 3: chest
    session 4: latisimus dorsi

thursesday: 1: lats
    2: cranium
    3: chest
    4: other arm

friday: 1: abs
    2: obliques
    3: chest
    4: both arms 2gether... killerr!

saturday: 1: PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunday: day of rest. but i defy god
    session 1: chest
    session 2: leg
    session 3: other leg
    session 4: arms and chest 2gether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so u wer wonderin can u train 2ce a day? well wot do u think. u slut bag

DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DemonInside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i started workign out twice a day back in august i think and my g/f has really noticed she says, i can't cause i see my self everyday but i've been getting even stronger goign twice a week.

but i have some years under my belt if that means anything
    aka "3XL"

Goal:
    '11 240lbs

McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) McGoogly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by asimr626 View Post
    Ive been training for around 10 months (Im 16 now, 17 next May). When I started training I was 110lbs, and now I am 158.4lbs, so have put on over 48lbs. I train each muscle group 1x p/week.
    You're 16 in college? Not. And I'm not even sure if it's possible to gain that much weight in just 10 months. Fail troll is obvious.

ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500) ATeeGee is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by McGoogly View Post
    You're 16 in college? Not. And I'm not even sure if it's possible to gain that much weight in just 10 months. Fail troll is obvious.
    Over a 5 year bump, congratulations.
    *Licks the angus first crew*
    *Loves hbb girls heiny holes crew*
    *Used to eat slugs as a kid crew*
    *Wrestled a lepar crew*
    *Collects hbb's farts in peanut butter jars crew*
    *Cleans my feet with sandpaper crew*
    *8" inch dink but 2" girth crew*
    *Only clean dink every 2 weeks crew*
    *Made a necklace pendant out of smegma crew*
    *I take oral of Jackie Stallone crew*
    *I will live in Mia Malkovas ass crew*

Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brostep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by McGoogly View Post
    Im 16 and a part time college student.
    jelly?
    ᕙ(ᓐᓑᓒ)ᕗ

SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000) SamSix is just really nice. (+1000)
    why......
    Master total
    S: 585
    B: 370
    D: 605

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Training each muscle 1x per week is perfect...if you want to screw everything up workout 2x per day...otherwise leave it be....2x per day will do harm...ur body only has enough energy n testosterone stored for 1 45 min workout per day...
    KEN LECLAIR

SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Didn't bother reading all of it, so this might be said.

You can train twice a day if you want. Some recommendations when doing so:

- Do not exceed the volume you would use, if you had to do it in one training (or at least only with a few sets).
    - Train larger muscle-groups in the first training, and smaller in the last. Like the chest/arms you said. Do chest in the morning and arms in the evening. Otherwise your triceps will be exhausted for the chest-training, and you would do worse.
    - Get a lot of sleep.
    - Be sure to eat a lot. I wouldn't recommend cleanbulking when doing this. 500kcal surplus if you ask me.
    - Keep at least one or two rest-days a week.

Other than that, with your training-experince i would recommend hitting every musclegroup twice a week. This would fit nice with the twice-a-day training too.

SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SienZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kenethleclair View Post
    Training each muscle 1x per week is perfect...if you want to screw everything up workout 2x per day...otherwise leave it be....2x per day will do harm...ur body only has enough energy n testosterone stored for 1 45 min workout per day...
    Would like to see some studies showing this. As far as i know, every study shows differently. (except the twice a day, i haven't seen any studies for this).

Twice a week is recommended, especially for people with his training-experience. - The testosterone thing doesn't make sense at all? You won't get lower test because of working out longer? - Some studies showed an increase in Cortisol (which is catabolic), but wouldn't think about it.