Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'1", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 22
    scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit scubavanja's BodySpace

How to prevent stretch marks??????

I wonder if any of you guys know how to prevent getting stretch marks.........not getting rid of them, but preventing them. I have ben working out lots lately and I am growing at a VERY fast rate and I think I am getting a bit of stretch marks on the inside of my chest............I am not sure but I think........and I want to keep it like this...........I don't want to get big stretch marks. I feel really crappy now because I feel like I won't be able to work out as much as I want because of the fear of getting strech marks.

So does anyone know how to prevent them, other then working out less?????????? Any help will be very appreciated.

BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000) BRIT_BEEF is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit BRIT_BEEF's BodySpace
    Here are two pages to read..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/teen/rockie2.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stretchmarks.htm

These discuss various ways of lessening the appearance of stretchmarks, whether or not they are effective I don't know.
    Realistically you are going to get some stretchmarks if you increase your muscle mass significantly. I've got plenty (chest/biceps/underarm/inside leg), but I would rather keep the near 7 stone I have gained in muscle mass over the years than worry about them.
    Consider them your "war wounds".

Cheers.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

Baseball2002 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Relax man. I don't know how to prevent them. But I know several muscular guys that have stretch marks. I have them myself on my top of my shoulders and on my tricep area. I'm sure there's many people on these boards that have stretch marks too. It's all part of getting more muscular and expanding the skin.

If you do end up getting some there are a couple of things that you can do to make them less noticeable without having surgery or anything drastic like that.

Mederma cream has helped fade my marks pretty well, but it takes a few months to notice a difference. So you really need patience with that. You can find it at any drugstore I believe.

Tanning is also a way to make stretch marks less noticeable. If your as white as a ghost, then they'll show up for sure.

In the end though, if you have a muscular body, more people will notice your body and not your stretch marks. I guarantee it.

So don't let stretch marks scare you off from achieving your goals in lifting. Because you're not alone.

trunkz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit trunkz's BodySpace
    there's an article on the main bb.com board right now about this. it goes into more detail than i can. also, run a search. i've seen this topic a few times in the past month. the general idea, though, is that you can't really prevent stretch marks to any great degree and about all you can do for the most part is to keep the skin area in question moist w/ lotion etc etc, and take skin health supps like vitamin e. there is also a script medication(can't remember the name) that pregnant women take to get rid of stretch marks once they already have them. not the best answer, but hope it helps a little.
    And God said: get up my son and lift the damn weight. - Gerardo

An excuse is the heart of a reason wrapped with the skin of a lie - Four Letter S Word

excuse me!!! i'm prolific.

Ignoring my struggle is how it evolved - STRIFE

abraxxxus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not much you can do, but make sure you are always well hydrated and you are getting all your nutrients from your diet.

Hydration is the most important thing in keeping skin healthy(avoid it from tearing). Of course, if you gain 20 pounds in a month, the marks will be hard to avoid.

ot_saturn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hfhghf

wear em with pride i got hangey skin from my weightloss. better to have muscle stretchses.

Stats: 6'1", 195 lbs
    BodyPoints: 22
    scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scubavanja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit scubavanja's BodySpace
    thanks a lot for the answers guys............you are totally right...if I get a bit of stretch marks I can deal with it........I am doing this not only to look good, but to feel good and get the sense of accomplishment, so I will keep pusing onwards........thanks a lot to all of you