Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get a thicker neck?

Are there any particular exercises that will thicken your neck up? I dont mean the traps but like the actual neck. I am a prety tall guy but Ive filled out pretty good now but my neck still looks prety long and slender comparably. THick necks seem to give the illusion of being wide. Thats what I want haha. Thanks guys
    Weights
    - 212.6 (03/26/06) - 229.0 (04/09/07) - 231.0 (01/21/08)
    - 202.4 (07/12/06) - 222.0 (10/15/07) - 251.2 (04/23/08)

3RM
    - 205 Military / 305 Bench / 265 Squat / 415 Deads

We do what we do because we must. We do what we do to survive. The rest of the world just lifts fcking weights?

Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Man-Bear-Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wrestler neck bridges.

rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugby06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

re

i would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions...i've got pretty broad shoulders, but a f*cking giraffe neck...not to mention a HUGE dome. Could definitely use a thicker neck. I heard (is it isometrics?) pushing your head against resistance such as your hand pushing back or a wall will help strengthen the neck??
    "I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain. You see, you're an inspriation, to all of us who... who weren't born handsome, and charming and cool."

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal- a commitment to excellence- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

Staz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look up neck curls. I'm sure the main site has things you can do to work your neck.

There are some things that strap on your head, and have weights that hang from them so that you can "curl" your neck. Haven't ever used one though.
    (5'9 - 150lbs 275x3sq,185x3bp,355x3dl)

ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZZYZX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Neck bridges are OK but they aren't that great for your spine unfortunately.

I remember our wrestling room had a neck machine mounted on the wall...you put your head in it and it had pistons for resistance in all 4 directions. It was intense! I can't find them anywhere else though!
    -Sean
    U.S. Army 89B
    6'1", 32 y/o
    6/06/11: 241.5 lbs, 19.5% BF
    6/24/11: 235 lbs, 17% BF
    ...and leaning...
    (former) ACE CPT
    (former) Les Mills BodyPump instructor
    (former) Certified SPIN instructor
    ...which clearly means I know NOTHING about fitness or resistance training!
    Huntington Beach, CA
    "I've got a whole gym in my shower. I can blast my quads and lather my nuts at the same time." -HoosierBoy

is back from hiatus! ElSpaceBandito's Avatar
    ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ElSpaceBandito is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    heavy deads will bring out ur traps which will also make ur neck thicker
    Next Oleksandr Kutcher In The Making!

MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get on your bed or bench and lie on your back with your head hanging off unsupported from the shoulder, let your head extend back then curl your head up and squeeze the neck muscles. Do say sets of 10-15. You could also do them on your side and curl your neck towards your shoulder. I find that these exercise tighted your jaw up and makes it tight and can get saw. Do these exercise at your own risk, iv come up with this myself so take it slow and dont jerk it or there could be trouble. Iv also seen a guy at the gym lye sideways with his hand sponge on the side of his head and a weight plate on his head for extra risistance, you will find the side ones you will be stronger so you can do extra reps. Also you could simply squeeze your kneck muscle and hold. You could start with a 5 count then work up to a 10.
    But like I said Iv come up with these myself so these exersices could be very dangerous or wrong, or my expl;anation may be wrong so do it at your own risk. And remeber it gives me a sore tight jaw and I dont really know the side effects so do at your own risk. So you dont get saw do 10 reps to the chest x 2 then 12 x 1 for the side ones (one set to the left and one to the right)
    Also dont do the neck squeezes before the curls I explained.

bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heavy deads

Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick_Wa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, thanks guys. I do deads now so maybe Ill just drop the reps and move up the weight every second week or something, go back and forth. Thanks
    Weights
    - 212.6 (03/26/06) - 229.0 (04/09/07) - 231.0 (01/21/08)
    - 202.4 (07/12/06) - 222.0 (10/15/07) - 251.2 (04/23/08)

3RM
    - 205 Military / 305 Bench / 265 Squat / 415 Deads

We do what we do because we must. We do what we do to survive. The rest of the world just lifts fcking weights?

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I made some comments on this subject, in the past. Hopefully, they can be of some help:

http://forum1.bodybuilding.com/showt...t=thicker+neck

http://forum1.bodybuilding.com/showt...r+neck+thicker

RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just use dumb bell shrugs....

RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichieD98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just use dumb bell shrugs....

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Like already stated...heavy DEADS! If you cant/dont/wont dead...heavy RACK PULLS!

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally feel a much better mind-muscle connection with Rack Pulls, but I do make a point of rotating heavy Deadlifts into the mix as well. They’re one of the only things that actually make my traps sore as hell. The progress I’ve made with heavy Deads shows a lot as well. I had a nice pinner neck a year ago.

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Twone
    heavy deads will bring out ur traps which will also make ur neck thicker
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Your answer to a thick neck.