razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cavemen eating bread?

When I think of the earlier form of man and their diet, I have a hard time imagining them eating bread/wheat. I picture them hunting animals and eating greens from plants.

So why is it that we eat so many carbs now? Have we evolved into needing them in our diet, or am I missing something here?

Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ubėr-Anarchist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by razuel
    When I think of the earlier form of man and their diet, I have a hard time imagining them eating bread/wheat. I picture them hunting animals and eating greens from plants.

So why is it that we eat so many carbs now? Have we evolved into needing them in our diet, or am I missing something here?
    They did eat grains but they didnt know how to make bread. When fire was introduced they would make like a porridge or gruel out of plants like rye, wheat and the such.
    The desire to attain "perfection" is a mental poison. Perfection is a fictitious concept, there is only improvement. Therein lies the challenge, therein lies the fun.

Obsession is the word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED

Commitment isn't the time you spend, It's the line you cross.

I live in the shadow, in the darkness, in a place few will ever see.....Where ugliness becomes beautiful.

slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the issue lies more with what companies are making today with all of the carbs in it. If the caveman would have been offer bread of pasta back then I'm sure they would have liked it. We don't NEED them in our diet, look at all of the people who are doing the keto diet and had great results. There is a reason the cavemen werent obese haha!

Bigger, Faster, Stronger Nixxon's Avatar
    Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nixxon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by slyfox115
    I think the issue lies more with what companies are making today with all of the carbs in it. If the caveman would have been offer bread of pasta back then I'm sure they would have liked it. We don't NEED them in our diet, look at all of the people who are doing the keto diet and had great results. There is a reason the cavemen werent obese haha!
    a) nobody really knows if cavemen were fat but we assume they wern't because back then its assumed with such a hunter gatherer society food wasn't exactly abundant. If they wanted food it was caught/gathered and prepared. They had no refigeration and obviously no fast food or supermarkets in which to get "snacks" from.

Also since they traveled on foot and did alot of manual labor insted of sitting on thier asses all day typing on forums they burnt alot more calories. Plus running from T-Rex is a little more motivating than seeing your love handles melt away.

Survival is the ultimate diet.
    Height: 6'3
    Currently Rehabing an injured shoulder
    Goal: 215 LBS 7-9% BF
    Currently: 190 LBS 11-12% BF

DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why would you want to look like a caveman anyway??
    A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world. -- John le Carre

Carpe diem.

I see no greatness in my self... I'm a simple-minded, child-like, insipid sort of moronic and kind of akward feeling adolescent.
    -Neal Cassady

DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DLStar64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nixxon
    a) nobody really knows if cavemen were fat but we assume they wern't because back then its assumed with such a hunter gatherer society food wasn't exactly abundant. If they wanted food it was caught/gathered and prepared. They had no refigeration and obviously no fast food or supermarkets in which to get "snacks" from.

Also since they traveled on foot and did alot of manual labor insted of sitting on thier asses all day typing on forums they burnt alot more calories. Plus running from T-Rex is a little more motivating than seeing your love handles melt away.

Survival is the ultimate diet.
    men and dinosaurs were in completely different eras according to most scientists.....dont know why i brought that up but homnidids and the like are generally thought separate. oh well. good points tho?
    A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world. -- John le Carre

Carpe diem.

I see no greatness in my self... I'm a simple-minded, child-like, insipid sort of moronic and kind of akward feeling adolescent.
    -Neal Cassady

razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Men were around millions of years after dinosaurs were already dead..

but I get your point.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Let's assume they were lean...

Yeah...

And they died around 30 years old

I'll take today's diet !
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX
    Let's assume they were lean...

Yeah...

And they died around 30 years old

I'll take today's diet !
    If they were dying from diet related issues.

BTW: Wow, strong stomach.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cromagnon man probably had the tendancy to store some fat as a survival mechanism. Modern day germans are essentially a strong representation of proto-european cromagnons and they are a bit chubby naturally (though still robust and not podgy). Other races of europeans branched off from cromagnon man and are adaptations to their environment so some are probably better off avoiding certain types of foods. A lot of modern diseases and allergies are actually caused by diet because these peoples ancestors never went through the eugenics process that eliminated the people who couldn't survive in a sedentary agriculture rich type environment surviving solely off of harvests with no meat. (also conditions such as ADHD etc wouldn't interfere in a hunter type environment, and would probably benefit, but would obviously cause issues in a sedentary environment where culture and population control is key)