klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Muscle size vs strength

did a bit of reading.

Is it true that if I want muscle size over strength I should do slower reps with less weight and focus on perfect form? This is how I started off when I first began lifting 3 months ago but gradually switched to doing quicker reps with smaller ROM, not trying to focus too hard on form (though not being erratic) and bringing up heavier weights because I noticed pro bodybuilders often lift this way. Right now I just want big ugly mean looking vascular muscles and don't care too much about strength.

Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lift as fast as u can without screwing up form. I also train for mass and I try to go for 6-12 reps for my sets. Go through the full motion and use heavy enough weight to make u fail or close to failure between reps 6-12. Thats what works for me anyway.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frankenfield
    lift as fast as u can without screwing up form. I also train for mass and I try to go for 6-12 reps for my sets. Go through the full motion and use heavy enough weight to make u fail or close to failure between reps 6-12. Thats what works for me anyway.
    lifting as fast as you can is cool for stuff 5 reps and below but anything over that you are really just wasting energy. in the end you wont be able to do as many reps and you will fatigue yourself early.

boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000) boxtrot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Slower reps with perfect form will give you the best size gains.

Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankenfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by de_barathrum
    lifting as fast as you can is cool for stuff 5 reps and below but anything over that you are really just wasting energy. in the end you wont be able to do as many reps and you will fatigue yourself early.
    When i lift as fast as i can it isn't really that fast since the weight is pretty heavy. And i rarley feel the lactic acid buildup caused by fatigue.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When i lift as fast as i can it isn't really that fast since the weight is pretty heavy. And i rarley feel the lactic acid buildup caused by fatigue.
    if the weight is pretty heavy then you probably arent doing more than 5 reps then

if you are trying to push out a 12 rep set it is better to go at a steady pace, then trying to be uber explosive.

if the weight is pretty heavy then you probably arent doing more than 5 reps then
    Thats something thats really odd about me. Even if I lift high reps like 15+ its still kinda slow. Me and my friends had a long talk about it one time and we never came to a conclusion about it so i dunno.

Thats something thats really odd about me. Even if I lift high reps like 15+ its still kinda slow. Me and my friends had a long talk about it one time and we never came to a conclusion about it so i dunno.
    not lifting explosively?

not lifting explosively?
    I am lifting explosively but its not that fast. I've read a lot of stuff and talked to a lot of people and no one can figure it out. Oh well I still make good gains.

I am lifting explosively but its not that fast. I've read a lot of stuff and talked to a lot of people and no one can figure it out. Oh well I still make good gains.
    in the end that is all that matters.

in the end that is all that matters.
    agreed

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If I lift faster using a smaller ROM I do get warn out much quicker. Usually around rep 6-8. When lifting slower and using bigger ROM I can usually go up to 12 reps and I feel (maybe just mentally) that I'm getting a better workout. The past couple of weeks my workouts have been kind of weak and unsatisfying and I think it's because I started lifting faster.

Maybe it has something to do with genetic muscle fiber? I think I have more endurance muscle fiber than quick twitch fiber.