JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question heavy weighted dips

Would there be any possible risks with going really heavy on dips. I currently do up to 90lbs added to a belt. I'm not maxing myself or even near it because I'm afraid of going further. Anyone have any knowledge on this?
    5'8" at an astounding 170lbs

m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol... risks like what? You're going to have the same risks doing weighted dips as you do with any exercise...
    Workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=265614091#post265614091

JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimmyC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sam32465
    lol... risks like what? You're going to have the same risks doing weighted dips as you do with any exercise...
    I felt a pain at the bottom of my sternum one time after doing heavy dips. I'm just wondering if that was related to my exercises, or if it was unrelated.

toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) toomuchwork is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by JimmyC
    I felt a pain at the bottom of my sternum one time after doing heavy dips. I'm just wondering if that was related to my exercises, or if it was unrelated.

related...dips work the chest/tri's...90 pounds..your gonna feel that **** in your chest
    6'2

Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lyght13 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    your body and chest fibers, just arent use to it yet...give it time, and if it hurts too bad, ease up on the weight, and slowly go up each time...

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't lean foward...even so you will probably hit the chest a little. To hit the tris more, don't lean foward and don't lower yourself all the way down, just enough to hit the tris hard.

Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    Don't lean foward...even so you will probably hit the chest a little. To hit the tris more, don't lean foward and don't lower yourself all the way down, just enough to hit the tris hard.
    True and basically just go as deep as you can comfortably go without pain.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer
    totally irrelevant to the issue at hand

lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lucky579 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing 90lbs tomorrow, I don't see there being too much risk, I dropped the 80lb dumbbell on my ankle a couple weeks ago but other than that if it hurts your chest, drop the weight.
    I need to eat more at work
    Almost back guys
    deadlift 335x4
    sqaut 245x5
    bench 195x5 (tore roter cuff) Trying to get back into it
    t bar rows 190x5
    incline 115x8 (tore roter cuff)
    5'11 174lbs 7%bf

-tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -tmf- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do all the heavy weighted dips you want, just lower yourself SLOWLY to prevent the sudden movement from tearing your pec from your breastbone.

TRYING to become superman bulkingup79's Avatar
    bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -tmf-
    Do all the heavy weighted dips you want, just lower yourself SLOWLY to prevent the sudden movement from tearing your pec from your breastbone.
    i think this is what happened to me, it feels like some bone inside my chest broke, it doesnt hurt on the outside when i press out it but when i take a deep breathe theres a pain right on the inside, should i get it chest out or will it heal after a while
    Current Goal:
    Bring BF% down
    Bring weight to 180lbs

Current: 2006/10/28
    BF%-23-using bodyfat scale
    weight-165lbs

~~Look Bigger & Feel Better~~