Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaron Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Bulking with Keto

I've been told it's true that you can actually bulk while following the keto diet. I was just wondering if anyone has actually done it, and if so... what were the results? Is the mass gain lean? Because, thinking about it, I don't understand the science behind it.

I get the idea of fat loss through the decrease in carbs intake and the increase in fat intake. That science makes perfect sense to me.

It's the idea of bulking with this diet that I don't quite understand. Hopefully someone can break down the science for me and help me to "get it." It sounds interesting, but all bodybuilders are hesitant when it comes to changing their diet the first few times. I'm the same way. And, when this came up, I just found myself curious.

How is it that the bulking can be clean when your intake of fat exceeds your intake of carbs so much? The answer might be simple. Maybe I just don't see it. Or IS this bulking method clean at all?

... So, yeah. Somebody.. HELP me understand!

3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^^^^
    There are only two men in this world who have willingly given up their live's and died for me...and thats Jesus Christ and the American Soldier!!

slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jme has been successfully bulking on the keto diet. You can ask her about what she has done so accomplsih this.

As far as the science behind it goes. Ultimatly in any bulking or cutting diet, the desired results come mainly from calorie surplus or deficit. The keto diet is unique from other diets in the fact that you burn fat directly. So even if you were to have a calorie surplus, you would still be using fat as energy.

The word "clean" doesnt necessarily have to mean low fat. It basically means that the bulk will be focused on BUILDING mass and while LIMITING bodyfat gain. The theory goes that since you will be burning fat directly as energy, even with a calorie surplus, you will be less likely to store the extra calories as body fat.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So if someones cutting with keto, they cut down to their desired BF and weight, then want to add lean muslce mass they would simply have to take in more calories?

slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slyfox115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by klootzak
    So if someones cutting with keto, they cut down to their desired BF and weight, then want to add lean muslce mass they would simply have to take in more calories?
    If theory yes, that is how the ketogenis diet works. It works like any diet with the added benefit that there is only fat for energy.

There are other factors that play into it tho such as how long you have been dieting which sets the speed of your metabolism, etc. The human body is such a facinating thing, I honestly could say that nobody know's 100% what is going on in there. All we can do is try things and see how we react.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, you can bulk on keto. It is calories in verses calories out. Because keto keeps insulin low, and insulin is very anabolic, it's not necessarily the most efficent way to bulk. However, a lot of bb-ers eat far too much junk in the name of bulking and end up with a thick layer of fat as well as some extra muscle. That tends to happen less on keto.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3XD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It seems the more I read and experiment with the Keto diet the more I'm realizing that the is the best and only way for me to continue to eat. Eileen you make a good point about all the junk BB's eat when bulking....Ive been on the keto for 6 weeks and I'll tell ya Im losing weight and my body is becoming more sculpted, but my muscle's have not shrunk! As a matter of fact Ive lost 2inches off my stomach and gained an inch on my chest...Thank all of you for clarifiying many things about the Keto diet.
    There are only two men in this world who have willingly given up their live's and died for me...and thats Jesus Christ and the American Soldier!!

Originally Posted by 3XD
    It seems the more I read and experiment with the Keto diet the more I'm realizing that the is the best and only way for me to continue to eat. Eileen you make a good point about all the junk BB's eat when bulking....Ive been on the keto for 6 weeks and I'll tell ya Im losing weight and my body is becoming more sculpted, but my muscle's have not shrunk! As a matter of fact Ive lost 2inches off my stomach and gained an inch on my chest...Thank all of you for clarifiying many things about the Keto diet.
    Good job man. When the doctor's finally realize the benefits of the keto diet, we will all be there saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!