TRYING to become superman bulkingup79's Avatar
    bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulkingup79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lowering fat% but not losing weight..?

if i want to lower my fat% but not lose weight, what is the best way to do it. I exercise at least 6 times a week, 5 being in the gym and the other 2 or so maybe jog, sprint, and other sports that make me sweat. Its been around 2 months and my fat% hasnt gone down, i dont eat carbs at night..i dont eat junk food at all...sometimes maybe a few buttered bread..hmm...howerever i eat quite a bit of rice, if this maybe the reason my fat% isnt going down? and also the meal i have after the gym which is usually at 9-10 consist of only meat and veggies.
    anyone have any sugguestions
    thanks
    Current Goal:
    Bring BF% down
    Bring weight to 180lbs

Current: 2006/10/28
    BF%-23-using bodyfat scale
    weight-165lbs

~~Look Bigger & Feel Better~~

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd have to say it's impossible to make even a 1% loss in BF% while mantaining your weight, it just doesn't happen at the same time.

Looking at your sig your BF% is currently quite high. What I'd recommend is weights 3 times a week, and HIIT cardio 3 times a week until you get it down to what you want it as. If you want to get it to healthy loose about 8%, if you want to be ripped in the long run lose about 15%. A lot of people say that you should bulk first and then cut, but coming out these days is to cut down to a body fat you're happy with and then do a very slow bulk, putting on almost 0 fat but still all the muscle.

But of course the most important thing is diet. Eat plenty of protein, at least your body weight (pounds) in grams. Eat the same amount in carbohydrates. And looking at your weight eat around 30g in fats daily. It will help a lot to log everything you eat (Microsoft Excel is your friend). Diet will influence whether or not you get results the most, if you can't get disciplined on what to eat then I suggest you don't bother wasting your time with anything.

Cut now - get that BF% down. Muscle growth can come later.

Keep at it and you will be feeling and looking better in no time. Good luck!

John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) John lacky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ye, gradually increase your protein to carb ratio and you should be ok

NewSc2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can but it's hard, as the poster said above increase your protein intake, and focus (much) more on weight lifting. eat at around maintenance calories.
    Bio: 5'10", 171 lbs., 12%BF