Thread: Alcohol

erico30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol

What would be the best alcohol to have while trying to keep body fat down? I am working on gaining muscle definition so i want to keep my body fat down as much as possible. So the couple nights a week that i drink, what would be the best thing to drink to keep fat down? Is light beer ok or should rum with diet coke be better? thanks in advance for the help

srs68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't speak specifically for rum and diet coke or light beer but I'de try to drink moderately. There are studies that indicate that drinking destroys your testosterone production and puts you in a significantly catabolic state. There is nothing wrong with a rum and diet coke though when you want some fun though.

Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO the best alcohol is no alcohol

WarJuggernaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarJuggernaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarJuggernaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarJuggernaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fallen_

Corny Much?

C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C. Griswald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    stick to rum and diets

StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StandTall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fallen_
    Rather then stateing the obvious why not actualy try and provide some help?

Stick to spirits over beer and watch what the spirits get mixed with if your not taking them straight. Idealy go spirits straight on the rocks and throw in a few red wines for good health.
    It aint just how much you lift but how you lift it

b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) b18c1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd have to agree, pretty much a hard liquor w/ a diet drink is probably going to be your best bet.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Gin + Mineral Water/Tonic

I think it might mess with strength gains though. I'm not sure. I've also heard that it lowers testosterone levels 30% for 3 days after you drink it.

Anyone know if 2/3 drinks a day will really mess up any progress made or hormonal levels? For as high stress as my life is 2/3 drinks in the evening really makes a big difference.
    Last edited by klootzak; 11-07-2006 at 10:12 AM.

Registered User Cable Curling CincoUno's Avatar
    Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by klootzak
    Gin + Mineral Water/Tonic

I think it might mess with strength gains though. I'm not sure. I've also heard that it lowers testosterone levels 30% for 3 days after you drink it.

Anyone know if 2/3 drinks a day will really mess up any progress made or hormonal levels? For as high stress as my life is 2/3 drinks in the evening really makes a big difference.
    odds are the drinks are more of a mental release thing, as I doubt you get even close to intoxicated.
    is there nothing else you can do to unwind? pound it out at the gym? read?
    i think the calories and dyhdration of 20ish drinks a week would be better avoided...if it all possible

erico30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, thanks a lot for the help. I appreciate it.

BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ethanol depresses HPTA function and is detrimental to your goals of muscle growth and strength gains, and will also eventually lead to impaired sexual function if used long enough and heavy enough. Search on Pubmed for ethanol testosterone.

Which is more important? Bodybuilding, overall general health, and a healthy long-term sex life- or alcohol?

[I'm not referring to a glass of wine with your meal or in the evening at the age of 60+, which may be beneficial to longevity; I'm referring to the drinking that most of us do in our young years, which is much more than a glass of wine. Also, note that those who drink a glas of wine daily kind-of-thing are usually stick thin. Although it may be healthy if you want to live to be 110 years old, it still generally results in very low mean mass- but also low fat levels.]

masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50) masterfender will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey if its just once in a while its ok.. I personally dont listen those DONT DRINK OR YOU WILL DIE.. BLA BLA.. Ok its important not to drink every other day and making it a habbit but if its once in a while just enjoy it IMO..