Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help needed regarding stimulants....

I recently purchased some STIZM( http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/thermo/stizm.html ) to help get me "amped" up pre-workout. It doesnt effect me at all. This is rather surprising since my diet doesnt otherwise contain caffine at all....no soda, no coffee, etc.

About a year ago I worked night shift and used a EC stacker, forget the brand name. It kept me awake really well with no jitters or anything...which was great cause thats all I wanted. I didnt use them ALOT, only when I was tired. I can take these now as well and they really dont motivate me and I dont notice anything.

My question is.....WHY?!?! Also, what would you recommend to get me pumped up? I just upgraded my stereo in my gym so that helps some! haha.

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On paper there is no reason why STIZM should not work. It uses plenty of kick ass ingredients. The problem may lie in your receptors and how your adrenals are currently functioning. Many times if an individual has a poor diet and/or lack sleep and/or many other internal factors, you may not respond to what some consider the most potent stimulants.
    Then again there are healthy people who just don't respond like another person would.
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com
    chris@bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    ********: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gym God
    On paper there is no reason why STIZM should not work. It uses plenty of kick ass ingredients. The problem may lie in your receptors and how your adrenals are currently functioning. Many times if an individual has a poor diet and/or lack sleep and/or many other internal factors, you may not respond to what some consider the most potent stimulants.
    Then again there are healthy people who just don't respond like another person would.
    agreed.

also, how are you dosing it?
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im dosing 2 pills pre-workout.

My diet is pretty decent(from the TON of useful information on this site)....im for sure eating the best I EVER have in life. I have also been getting 7.5 - 8 hours sleep every night.

Like I said.....with no other caffine intake I would think STIZM would rock my world.

I just checked my mail and I have recieved my sample of STIM-X.....this could be interesting. Ill try it out on Friday!

Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like I said though... some people just respond differently.
    You probably have an already good metablism and you are pretty lean...would this be correct?

Well, im def. not lean......hence the main reason im so strict on my diet. Ive lost about 30 pounds in the last 4 months or so, and probably gained a fair amount of muscle. Really wishing I would have started an online journal.

Anyhow, id guess my metabolism sucks too.....but im sure its better now due to losing fat, building muscle, better diet, working out, etc.

Hey...that's great with the 30 pound loss. Now was that with or without any thermogenics?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my advice would be to try 3 on a more empty stomach and see if that is noticable.

i am very stim resistant and take 2 or 3 (depending on training) 1st thing in the am on an empty stomach and i've been content, with good energy and focus.

i'm sorry that you're not getting the results you were looking for.

let me know if this makes a difference?

The weight loss was without any stim's.......just alot of depression, stress, and truefully not eating for awhile(or throwing up what I did eat). While I lost 10 pounds in one week, I do realize that it wasnt the healthiest way about things.....but thats ok, everything together spiraled me into some life changing goals. Im 4pounds away from my next goal, and honestly I cant believe im about to hit it...HAPPY!

I have tried the stizm about 15 minutes BEFORE I ate my pre-workout meal today. I guess I feel some temperature rise going on....but I feel a headache as well, not sure if its related or not. It still isnt the 'energy boost' I was hoping for.

On the other hand I HAVE had the best workouts since I have been on stizm. Like I said, it doesnt make me FEEL like anything is going on......so im not sure if the more intense workouts are just me progressing(I was previously agrivated that I wasnt getting sore after workouts, so im trying to push myself harder) or if the stizm is actually helping.

Originally Posted by Alphy
    On the other hand I HAVE had the best workouts since I have been on stizm. Like I said, it doesnt make me FEEL like anything is going on......so im not sure if the more intense workouts are just me progressing(I was previously agrivated that I wasnt getting sore after workouts, so im trying to push myself harder) or if the stizm is actually helping.
    what 'feel' are you looking for? if you want jittery and cracked out, this is not what you'll get.

Many people have the misconception that if you don't feel it...it must not be working. This can not be more WRONG. Like I previoussly said everybody will respond differently, however the main duty of this specific product STIZM...is doing it's job.

Think about about would you rather have that huge kick in the ass and then that crash that can send you into depression and let alone put more damage on your body...probably not.

Instead of 15 minutes before your meal, try it 30 - 60 minutes before and let it do its job. Try this and see how it goes.

Oh and one more thing. Supplements are supplemnts and that's it. Master the foundation of diet and exercise and once this is accomplished, then the supplements will take you to a new level.

Originally Posted by dvsness
    what 'feel' are you looking for? if you want jittery and cracked out, this is not what you'll get.
    Cracked out what... crack...where?
    Oh sorry I read that wrong. oops

Well actually.....yeah...I was looking for CRACKED OUT! haha. But I guess you have a great point about being better this way without the crash.

Ill try the Stim-X when I do upper body on Friday and let you know the difference(for anybody thats curious).

Thanks alot guys, this forum is great!

I do believe that the STIZM will have a stronger kick than the Stim-X. Let us know.

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do believe that the STIZM will have a stronger kick than the Stim-X. Let us know.
    I realy like Stizm. I tried the beta samples of stim x (which is comparable to 3 caps of the version they released) & cracked out is exactly how I would describe it. I like stims, but that was a bit too much for me.
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

Crazy John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crazy John has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have the same problem. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid, and used to take stimulants for years. Now, caffeine makes me relaxed. I have recently started the ECA stack at about 300mg caffeine, 25 mg ephedrine, and 325 mg Aspririn, and the effects are not like I expected. I feel fine, and if anything my lifts went up. I suggest that you invest in an energy supplement that contains things other than stimulants to increase energy. I would also recommend you invest in some DHEA (very cheap, but effective) at 25 mg per day, pyramiding up to 100mg per day. Add an anti-estrogen to this, and you should feel more energetic during the day.

mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mirrorlens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may just not respond to the stims you are taking, I would give AMP a try if I was you. Those things can raise the dead.

A few good years left.... atsmooth's Avatar
    atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10) atsmooth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mirrorlens
    You may just not respond to the stims you are taking, I would give AMP a try if I was you. Those things can raise the dead.
    I would definately agree with you on that. I just received my order of AMP 3 days ago. Took 2 pills 1 hour before my workout and I can honestly say I have never experienced that much energy in the gym. It was totally crazy and unexpected. Maybe a good portion was placebo, but whatever it is, I am totally pleased thus far. Playing basketball in about 30 mins, took 2 pills about an hour ago. Anxious to see how it effects my game. AMP gets a big thumbs up from me.

toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toreup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a very good point. Diet has more to do with the workout sometimes then even going. If you don't workout for a length of time and mantain a good diet your going to keep your it longer. If you need something to keep you pumped up and raise your energy level you could go at it with a naturarl stance. Eat some fruits like apples and oranges these are natures way to raise your energy level so you can get your gears going.

mamsden1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry help

can someone please answer a question for me????? I work out 4 days a week with my husband doing weight training...he is on my ass about not going to failure! Is this absolutely necessary to go to failure? He is constantly telling me I have one more rep when indeed I have nothing left!
    please help!

The oranges are a good idea, didnt think of that. I know that some of the newer energy booster items are mega doses of vitamin C, I would how close an orange comes to achieving that?

I looked into AMP. It looked alittle shady to me....search for it and youll find some articles that make its creator and certain ingredients seem rather shady(at least it did to me). Im TRYING to find something at least semi-decent to use.

Originally Posted by Alphy
    The oranges are a good idea, didnt think of that. I know that some of the newer energy booster items are mega doses of vitamin C, I would how close an orange comes to achieving that?

I looked into AMP. It looked alittle shady to me....search for it and youll find some articles that make its creator and certain ingredients seem rather shady(at least it did to me). Im TRYING to find something at least semi-decent to use.
    I tried AMP and it is straight up product. Nothing shady on this product.

Originally Posted by mamsden1
    can someone please answer a question for me????? I work out 4 days a week with my husband doing weight training...he is on my ass about not going to failure! Is this absolutely necessary to go to failure? He is constantly telling me I have one more rep when indeed I have nothing left!
    please help!
    Hey your husband sounds like me. I am always on my wife has well to get in a couple extra reps. Not always to failure but don't use numbers as your method of when you should stop lifting. Intesity will get you the results.

Stay posted to this and I am sure that somebody is going to give you some more advice.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mamsden1
    please help!

There are a few variables to discuss here.

First of all is it necessary to go to complete failure and total exhaustion? I would say MAJORITY of the time is, yes. The reasoning behind it your it is a good sign that your muscles have been given all they can and they need a break.

And when this happens your muscles have been "damaged" the most. Don't worry! This damage is good. If you don't train to failure your muscles will not be as "damaged".

Now, when your body goes to repair the damaged muscles It will repair the muscle to a state where it is better made structurally than before your workout. It is a form of adaptation. You buy a house (the muscle) for $100,000 and you do some renovations (the workout and breaking down of the muscle) on it and then you turn around and sell the house (the repair) for $200,000. You made a profit!

Perhaps the most useful reason for this adaptation is: An increase in muscle mass, which occurs when you repair the muscle, will help you burn more calories for just sitting around and doing nothing.

You don't have to worry 'bout becoming "bulky" as some professional level bodybuilders when your muscle gets repaired. Women naturally have a lower testosterone (T) levels than men. T plays a major role in muscle growth.

I just wanted to say a few other things.

1. Maybe your husband is pushing you just for an source of outside motivation. He wants to see you do well

2. Sometimes the body provides a mechanism which says "I can't do any more of lifting of these weights" It is a defensive mechanism which serves it's purpose. But if you put out some mental willpower you will find you can hammer out a few extra reps.

Edit: Just also wanted to throw in some days when you go the gym you don't feel like going to complete faliure and just have a light day. This is fine and listen to your body! But keep in mind make every workout count. One of the major keys to seeing gains is consistency.
    Last edited by 5-6; 11-09-2006 at 07:11 AM.

Originally Posted by 5-6
    There are a few variables to discuss here.

First of all is it necessary to go to complete failure and total exhaustion? I would say MAJORITY of the time is, yes. The reasoning behind it your it is a good sign that your muscles have been given all they can and they need a break.

And when this happens your muscles have been "damaged" the most. Don't worry! This damage is good. If you don't train to failure your muscles will not be as "damaged".

Now, when your body goes to repair the damaged muscles It will repair the muscle to a state where it is better made structurally than before your workout. It is a form of adaptation. You buy a house (the muscle) for $100,000 and you do some renovations (the workout and breaking down of the muscle) on it and then you turn around and sell the house (the repair) for $200,000. You made a profit!

Perhaps the most useful reason for this adaptation is: An increase in muscle mass, which occurs when you repair the muscle, will help you burn more calories for just sitting around and doing nothing.

You don't have to worry 'bout becoming "bulky" as some professional level bodybuilders when your muscle gets repaired. Women naturally have a lower testosterone (T) levels than men. T plays a major role in muscle growth.

I just wanted to say a few other things.

1. Maybe your husband is pushing you just for an source of outside motivation. He wants to see you do well

2. Sometimes the body provides a mechanism which says "I can't do any more of lifting of these weights" It is a defensive mechanism which serves it's purpose. But if you put out some mental willpower you will find you can hammer out a few extra reps.

Edit: Just also wanted to throw in some days when you go the gym you don't feel like going to complete faliure and just have a light day. This is fine and listen to your body! But keep in mind make every workout count. One of the major keys to seeing gains is consistency.
    Ohhh...now that is good.

Now back to Alphy and his stimulant issues.

TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 5-6
    Are you trying to tell her that her husband is going to sell her?
    Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

"I'm not cheating, I'm winning!" - my 5-yr old son

"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw

I tried AMP and it is straight up product. Nothing shady on this product.
    I guess that if you can read this article and not even be slightly alarmed by this company or product.....then I say have at it. For me it has shady written all over it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050700913.html

Originally Posted by Team Enzyte
    Are you trying to tell her that her husband is going to sell her?
    ...yes, and he wants to make sure he will make a profit. HA!

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't understand.

You said you're takin STIZM pre w/o.

Then you said 15 minutes before your pre w/o meal.

I would like to know how close your meal is to pre w/o.

While i wait for your answer i'll say the "ideal", as i see it, situation should be like this:

1.5 hours pre w/o - meal - P/C/little F

30-45 min. pre w/o - STIZM

Your stomach will not be empty yet when taking the STIZM, but close enough IMO.
    "Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we pay for in this country."

I try to get my pre-workout meal in 60-90 minutes before workout.

Ive been trying different things with the Stizm. At first I was taking it with the meal. Then I tried what you said, after the meal and about 15-30 minutes before the workout. Today I took the stizm about 40 minutes before the meal. Im just doing cardio today, ill see if I notice anything.

Tomorrow ill be giving the Stim-X a trial before doing upper body and see how they compare(for me).